Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I recently did a Wii U review and someone started popping off like a butthurt troll so im letting you know im done making reviews. Thanks for the support whoever supported me.

Signature_DK.png

#2 SILV3RSCORPION

SILV3RSCORPION

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Fandom:
    Borderlands , Metroid Prime

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:06 AM

Hey Mr S, if you like posting reviews .... post em, don't be put off because someone doesn't agree with you, even if they are being an @ss.
Posted Image
NNID - SILV3RSC0RPI0N

#3 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:12 AM

I will think about it. I came here to get away from any trolling and to not get insulted. Perhaps I will give it another shot soemtime. Thanks for the support.

Signature_DK.png

#4 ttmc1976

ttmc1976

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda,donkey kong,mario

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:43 AM

I know I haven't been on this forum long,but I have noticed a lot of keyboard tough guys posting lately,dont let them get to you,just keep doing what your doing and they will go away.There is a lot of different opinions on here which is good but there is reason to be a jerk to people.

#5 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:48 AM

There is a lot of jerks on these fourms, just ignore them. They are only jelly that they haven't got a cool name like yours.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#6 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 10:41 AM

I posted my opinion on your status update. You can read it there. :)

#7 duck360

duck360

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metal Gear Solid, Big Boss!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

I recently did a Wii U review and someone started popping off like a butthurt troll so im letting you know im done making reviews. Thanks for the support whoever supported me.

Look. I have a lot of fans because of my PS3 Trophy Hunting. It's what I do best and people liked that but of course there has to be haters. I ignore them mostly because no matter how good you are, haters or tolls will come. A wise man once told me 'You'd be a fool if you think you can please everyone'

Keep doing reviews and ignore the trolls or ban them if you can.

#8 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

Look. I have a lot of fans because of my PS3 Trophy Hunting. It's what I do best and people liked that but of course there has to be haters. I ignore them mostly because no matter how good you are, haters or tolls will come. A wise man once told me 'You'd be a fool if you think you can please everyone'

Keep doing reviews and ignore the trolls or ban them if you can.

Ban people for disagreeing with a review? Way to make it very one-sided, believe it or not sometimes people have valid arguments against an "honest" review, and sometimes honest reviews are biased. Of course you could argue all reviews are biased because they're all opinion pieces.. but to ban someone for having a different opinion than you is a bit extreme.
Posted Image

#9 duck360

duck360

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metal Gear Solid, Big Boss!

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:31 AM

Ban people for disagreeing with a review? Way to make it very one-sided, believe it or not sometimes people have valid arguments against an "honest" review, and sometimes honest reviews are biased. Of course you could argue all reviews are biased because they're all opinion pieces.. but to ban someone for having a different opinion than you is a bit extreme.

I meant for trolls because those guys are just there to annoy him wither he is right or wrong. Like when I do a review for a game. People post their opinion but some are like.... 'get a life' or 'take a shower' I delete those comments not ban but I ban real trolls from my page.

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:36 AM

I meant for trolls because those guys are just there to annoy him wither he is right or wrong. Like when I do a review for a game. People post their opinion but some are like.... 'get a life' or 'take a shower' I delete those comments not ban but I ban real trolls from my page.

I agree - everyone has different opinions - but unfortunately some people don't know how to properly give theirs in response to another persons.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

ah to each his own. I dont even read reviews because most of the time i dont agree with that was said. But sucks that you did let someone push you away from something you like doing.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#12 Hari

Hari

Cheep-Cheep

• Banned
  • 116 posts
  • Fandom:
    you

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:44 PM

So did you let a troll win? dude, trolls are just normal ambiental things from the internet, you should be proud you have trolls.

#13 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 28 November 2012 - 05:48 PM

Well, I'll be honest. Reviews aren't the easiest things to accept, nor are they super informative. If I was serious in taking reviews to make my decisions, I'd at least have to need say 8 for comparison, as bias is different for everyone.

Anyway, if someone says they don't like your review, they have every right to do so, and you have no reason to take it to heart. If they start attacking you as a person based on that review on the other hand, feel free to get pitchforks and H-Bombs and other what not, because they are being scummy.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#14 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 08:45 PM

Everyone gets bad press dude don't let it put you off, I liked your reviews very short and to the point an I've loved everyone of them and agree with everyone of them :D

#15 BrokenDreams77

BrokenDreams77

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

You shouldn't let a troll bring you down, anything you post to the internet will leave you open for someone to attack you. Just ignore those people and continue to write for the people who appreciate what you do :)

#16 DeviousOne

DeviousOne

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 99 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:18 AM

if your that bothered by someone telling you something you dont like then i recommend a huge dose of manning up not to sound harsh but cmon
Posted Image

#17 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

There are a lot of grown men who still live in their mothers basements.the majority of them are on this very forum.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#18 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

Sooo... You let,

a.) A troll.

Or,

b.) An honest opinion against your work.

Turn you off from doing it completely? If it was the former, just ignore them. Simple as that. Don't delete their comments, don't get angry at them, don't reply at all. Simply ignore them. If it was the latter, every opinion one has can be shot down just as easily as it it brought up. If someone doesn't like your work they have just as much of a right to post their piece as you did yours. Don't get angry at them or stop making your own just because of their statements, and instead look closer into what they are saying. Maybe you just need a better flow to your writing and they are trying to tell you. Maybe you go too much, or possibly not enough into detail and they are expressing their opinions about the abundance/lack of it.

Don't just let people shoot you down, but don't shoot others' opinions down either.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!