• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Why is there no official review section on this forum? Hmmmm...

I think there should be a board for Wii U game and console reviews. I have a thread on it but it's hard to contain everything into one thread. Each game and console review should have its own thread in my opinion, but to do so in the current boards will just clog things up.

I think there should also be a review template. This helps people make quality reviews and the template should probably be followed.

Also, I think that this should be member reviews only. It could get annoying if people post the reviews of IGN, etc. because people can already find those without much effort. Also, there should probably be a rule against linking to other websites so that people don't advertise their website in the process of reviewing.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:26 AM

because having reviews on a forum is lol, people should just voice their opinions in threads about the game.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:45 AM

I forgot to mention Wii U accessory reviews if this idea takes off. Not the accessories that are included with the Wii U though, those can be covered in console reviews.

I'm not sure whether to call my proposed idea a board or sub-section or whatever. I'll leave that up to others to decide.

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:47 AM

I think there should be a board for Wii U game and console reviews. I have a thread on it but it's hard to contain everything into one thread. Each game and console review should have its own thread in my opinion, but to do so in the current boards will just clog things up.

I think there should also be a review template. This helps people make quality reviews and the template should probably be followed.

Also, I think that this should be member reviews only. It could get annoying if people post the reviews of IGN, etc. because people can already find those without much effort. Also, there should probably be a rule against linking to other websites so that people don't advertise their website in the process of reviewing.

I think it would be easier to make a review sub section attatched to the wii u games and general gaming section - if they officially wanted to do this anyways. I actually prefer user reviews over major media reviews as I can relate to people who share similar tastes in games. Also this would alleviate the regular sections of the forums being blown up by user reviews.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Jelloman

Jelloman

Spiny

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • NNID:dmanomic
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA mario metriod

Posted 28 November 2012 - 12:35 PM

i for one would love to be involved as a very active member of this idea, i love reading and writing about games and other than school it's a major part of who i am and who i want to be.

im up for this so if you are message me!!! :D

1260993809_bouncing_jello_thumb.gif

#6 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 28 November 2012 - 01:23 PM

I know that quite a lot of you we're keen for a reviews section a while ago when it was suggested, so if there's still sufficient interest we can have one. I think we'd only have a section for Wii U games (initially at least) as this is a Wii U Forum after all, although I'd consider creating one for all other games later if this takes off.

Edit: I've set up a reviews section now. Only staff can see it at the moment, but I'll open it to all of once it's ready.

Another Edit: I've now made it open to the public. If anyone has any suggestions, feel free to post them.

#7 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 06:56 PM

I have two Wii U game reviews and one Wii U review on the forums. Is it okay if I format them for the new section and repost them?

Edited by PotatoHog, 28 November 2012 - 06:56 PM.

#8 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:40 PM

I have two Wii U game reviews and one Wii U review on the forums. Is it okay if I format them for the new section and repost them?

If you just report them, they can be moved to the new section an re-formatted if necessary.

#9 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

That's cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!