Photo

Assassin's Creed III: Wii U Reviews

Assassins Creed III

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Assassin's Creed III Ratings (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate Assassin's Creed IIi

1. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 (0 votes [0.00%])

5. 5 (0 votes [0.00%])

6. 6 (0 votes [0.00%])

7. 7 (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

8. 8 (11 votes [68.75%])

Percentage of vote: 68.75%

9. 9 (3 votes [18.75%])

Percentage of vote: 18.75%

10. 10 (1 votes [6.25%])

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:08 PM

From the minute I heard Assassin's Creed III would be coming to the Wii U, I immediately knew what would be a day one purchase, that I wouldn't regret it, and it would be worth waiting for the Wii U version as compared to buying it for my 360. With as little as an improvement as it is, it succeeds.

Gameplay-based is where Assassin's Creed III wins the most. Compared to its predecessors, the game expands greatly. Adding dual-wield combat, better mechanics, etc., makes charging into combat and taking down enemies is much easier and less clunky. The controls make it simple to do all of this with just button mashing. Combat isn't the only focus however, as Assassin's Creed III has been known for its free running and parkour-like wall scaling. I found this to be my favorite part of the game and putting it into conjunction with the combat is AMAZING!

Storywise, Assassin's Creed III let's you play as Desmond Miles exploring the Animus once again before a second castastrophe to occur on December 21st, 2012. In the beginning for the first three sequences, you play as Haytham Kenway, the father of the main protagonist Connor Kenway, and the leader of Templars of the colonies. What seemed like you were doing good became bad, after the final cutscenes of Haytham's arc, where he officially establishes the Templar.
When playing as Connor, there's a difference in their combat style, however it's not noticeable when you are busy killing people. His sequences are mostly "running assassin style" where you charge into combat, and seemingly escape immediately.
Desmond's playtime is barely auctioned sequenced, and mostly puzzle like, trying to make it to the top of a skyscraper, parachuting onto another skyscraper, etc.

The game however does have its flaws. The new engine AnvilNext, only seemed to have an impact on combat, as everything else is a repeating trend from past games. Examples of this could be the random spawning of people and animals as you walk. The game also suffers minute frame-rate issues such as in the loading screens (which also are extrenuous), however it's understandable when the game has gorgeous graphics. Combat however was effected where you go to counter enemies and completely missing them and making you look silly by attacking an invisible person...

The Wii U version doesn't implement the GamePad as much as I had hoped, simply displaying a map, current weapons, Health Bar, and notoriety rating. In my own opinion, I liked the E3 version better because it had the tool wheel right there where weapons could easily be switched on the fly.

Overall, the game does good! It doesn't implement the GamePad in an effective way, so it seems just like playing on the Xbox or PS3, especially when using the Pro Controller.

+ Great Gameplay
+ Storyline
+ Graphics
- Wii U GamePad implementation
- Engine complications

8/10
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#2 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:19 PM

I just bought this off of ebay today for 47 wit hfree shipping. Is it better to use the gamepad for this game or the pro controller i was going to use the pro controller cause it has just been collecting dust since I bought it and saw that the game uses it.
Posted Image

#3 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:46 PM

I gave it an 8, it's not as good as it looked but it's still a very VERY decent game.

#4 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 10 December 2012 - 02:29 PM

I just bought this off of ebay today for 47 wit hfree shipping. Is it better to use the gamepad for this game or the pro controller i was going to use the pro controller cause it has just been collecting dust since I bought it and saw that the game uses it.

I just rated the game an 8. Open world type game with many quests/sidequest/treasure/items to collect and explore. The story has me hooked so far at about 15 hours in and im enjoying my time with it. This is coming from someone who could not get into the older ass creeds for the life of me. I didnt like them and they felt very linear, but this one has changed my attitude on the series. You can upgrade your boat and house, you can hunt, there are just so many things you can do in the game. The graphics are mostly the same as the xbox and ps3 counterpart. The overall game on every platform has many graphical issues so be aware when purchasing. It doesn't get in the way too much but during some cutscenes, there is overuse of the background blur that makes it look fugly sometimes. I recommend the gamepad for this game due to the fact that you can go into the options and put the Heads up display onto it, leaving your HD tv to just show the game without being cluttered. The multiplayer is fun and tense at times, but from what i've seen, the only times you can find enough ppl to play online is on weekends. Im sure there are more people on the xbox version. Not too big of a problem as im lvl 10 and played a bunch of games, but if your going to be a die hard on it, i would be cautious (i did play against two guys who were lvl 50 though, and had a number 3 to the left of the rank, i'd assumed they already prestiged 3 times...) Overall its one of the better ports on the system and i've heard people sinking over 40 hours to collect everything.

#5 invasian

invasian

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

if my wife wanted to watch TV could i play this game with just the gamepad? or does it not work like that?

#6 TomBollandLTD

TomBollandLTD

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon Mario Link

Posted 03 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

if my wife wanted to watch TV could i play this game with just the gamepad? or does it not work like that?

Yep, that's exactly how it works, you have to go to the options at the beginning but it can be done!

I usually play this when the TV is in use and ZombiU when it isn't (as you can't play that without the TV)
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2466-1970
NNID : TomBollandLTD

need. more. online. games.

#7 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:50 PM

Is the game really worth it or is it just overrated by fanboys?
Posted Image

#8 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

first creed i played and it was good.

but i played 1 playthrough, didnt get the extra stuff after finishing the main game to dont know if there is to much afterwords.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Assassins Creed III

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!