22 replies to this topic

#21 Greenleaf

Greenleaf

Goomba

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:11 AM

Update size: 926MB!

Edited: the question about update size has been solved, at least for me. I finally got the update applied, after six hours and one break in the download. The Wii U managed the break ok: it just gave an error code and said the internet connection could not be made. Afterward it resumed from where it left off.

I monitored the network bandwidth from my router, and during the six hours it recorder 926 MB downloaded, so not that much after all. The actual download could have been 920MB but that's nitpicking.

There seems to be something slowing down the wif, and that might be caused by the Wii U. On the other hand, the servers could also be overloaded, although Nintendo seems to be using Akamai technologies, which usually provides the best (and fast) service.

This is from Finland, so perhaps my update was smaller than someone else's, or maybe its the same everywhere irregardless of launch date. Our launch date was the same as in UK and Europe.

Edited by Greenleaf, 04 December 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#22 suzuki650

suzuki650

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

The system update took about 90 minutes for me and I'm on Virgin's 100mbit connection (12mb a second!). The 1GB download in theory should have taken no more than two minutes, lol, although obviously wireless will be slower than an ethernet connection. Still, shouldn't have taken any more then 10 minutes tops.

God knows what Nintendo have done to make it so slow.

Edited by suzuki650, 04 December 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#23 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:02 PM

The system update took about 90 minutes for me and I'm on Virgin's 100mbit connection (12mb a second!). The 1GB download in theory should have taken no more than two minutes, lol, although obviously wireless will be slower than an ethernet connection. Still, shouldn't have taken any more then 10 minutes tops.
God knows what Nintendo have done to make it so slow.

I'm on BT's 80mbit Infinity fibre optic connection. The actual download took approximately 43 minutes and installation took approximately 17 minutes. All in all took around an hour. Strangely enough downloading the 1.2GB FIFA demo took me approximately 17 minutes and installing it took approximately 8 minutes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!