Photo

Nintendo Land Reviews

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

Poll: Nintendo Land Reviews (35 member(s) have cast votes)

Rate Nintendo Land

1. 1 (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. 2 (0 votes [0.00%])

3. 3 (0 votes [0.00%])

4. 4 (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

5. 5 (2 votes [5.71%])

Percentage of vote: 5.71%

6. 6 (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

7. 7 (9 votes [25.71%])

Percentage of vote: 25.71%

8. 8 (13 votes [37.14%])

Percentage of vote: 37.14%

9. 9 (7 votes [20.00%])

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

10. 10 (1 votes [2.86%])

Percentage of vote: 2.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Mc_Boing

Mc_Boing

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

Making this game online would have been a wise decision.
Posted Image

#22 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:58 AM

I didn't even bother with it. The game was traded in straight away while it was worth something. Got £26 cash from CEX but if I'd managed to get it to them 2 days earlier it would have been £30. They now only offer £19 I think.

same traded mine in for black ops 2 dont regret it either party games really dont interest me at all.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#23 munchiesyum

munchiesyum

Goomba

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus

Posted 30 December 2012 - 06:25 PM

Is nintendo land any good ?

The world turns around me......the awesomeness. I <3 WII U !

#24 IrishNurse

IrishNurse

Goomba

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:14 PM

Donkey kong's crash course gets a 9/10 because i think they made some parts too difficult.

The octopus gets the same score because it can be hard to keep up with the instructor even if you have rhythm which I do.

I think both could be a bit easier, but not too much because I do love a challenge :)

#25 ameritt

ameritt

Spiny

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Zelda, Fire Emblem

Posted 22 January 2013 - 07:08 PM

I thought this was a great game to include with the system, it has a surprising amount of depth to most of the mini games. All the single player ones (especially Donkey Kong's Crash Course) are extremely addicting, and keep you coming back for more in order to improve on your high score. The game is a blast to play with friends for a while, with games like Mario Chase, Metroid Battle Quest, and Sweet Day being a favorite of mine and my friends. Admittedly we did get tired of them after an hour or two, but that very well might have been because there were only 3 of us, I haven't played the game with more than that yet.

Overall I would say I was surprised by how much I enjoyed this game. It has a surprising amount of depth in most of the mini games, and will definitely be a game that gets taken out every so often, with or without friends. I don't think I would buy the game separately from the Deluxe package though. There are better games to get for the $60 price tag. But as a packaged in game, it's great.

#26 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

Some of the games suck- but I really, really liked Zelda, donkey kong, car game, ninja game and metroid... I gave it a nine out of ten b/c of these games. One caveat- I think if you are a casual gamer like me, this is a must have.  If you are more advanced, this might be for you- I can see how you might get bored if your skill level is high.  It's a good introduction to the system, IMO.

Edited by Rockodoodle, 30 May 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#27 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:29 PM

While by yourself this game does indeed have it's own charm, it really shines when playing with others. So if you decide you want this game, bring some friends, you'll need them, after all, it is dangerous to go alone...

Presentation: The graphics are gorgeous and really stand out among the launch titles for Wii U, the theme-park aesthetic really resonates with me and really drives home the setting of this game. While making your way through each of the attractions, you never forget that this is supposed to be a theme park, and it is genius. Aside from Nintendo Land's main theme the music is pretty much a mixed bag of classic remixed tunes from each attractions respective game, and each song is just as good as you remember it, maybe even better.

Gameplay: The gameplay is hit and miss depending on which attraction you play. All of the "Competitive Attractions" are variations on similar mechanics which are essentially tag, but each with their own spin on the concept. For example,in Mario Chase, the gamepad user has a map and is able to see where each of his/her pursuers is, the people using the wii-motes have to communicate with each other to ensure victory, as simple as this attraction is, it is extremely fun, and a great party game. The Cooperative Attractions are great too, with the Zelda's Battle Quest being the favorite with my family. Metroid Blast is the best for single player and for deathmatches with your friends. And Pikmin Adventure is fun, but its kind of forgettable compared to the others. The Single Player Attractions are where it gets spotty, Donkey Kong's Crash Course is great, but very challenging, Takamaru's Ninja Castle is really hard to get used to, but its fun throwing ninja stars, the Balloon Trip game is weird, and I know people who like it, but I did not. Octopus Dance is awful, each stage is too long, doesn't have any good music, and is just boring. Then the F-Zero game, it can be good, but it could have been so much better if they just made it a racing game in this mini-game collection.

After each game, in each attraction, you get coins, these coins can be used to get special items in a special mini-game, these items are just character models, items models, and music tracks from the other attractions, and collecting these can become very addictive, and makes this game much more than just a mini-game collection. That's what is so special about this game, it mainly is a mini-game collection, but has so much more depth that actually makes this game have tons of longevity.

Overall: This game is a great game, and a few bad mini-games should not detract from experience too much, but you know that the bad ones could have been better.

8/10

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#28 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

I'm going to pick this game up again in a few months. Haven't played it in awhile.

#29 Rockodoodle

Rockodoodle

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 677 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:57 PM

Good review- as mentioned above, this is a game that I'll come back to.  Good intro. to the system- the good games- donkey kong, racing, Zelda, Ninja and Metroid make it worthwhile.  A few of the games, I just don't really get or relate to but it's a decent collection and hope that Nintendo has a second edition.

While by yourself this game does indeed have it's own charm, it really shines when playing with others. So if you decide you want this game, bring some friends, you'll need them, after all, it is dangerous to go alone...

Presentation: The graphics are gorgeous and really stand out among the launch titles for Wii U, the theme-park aesthetic really resonates with me and really drives home the setting of this game. While making your way through each of the attractions, you never forget that this is supposed to be a theme park, and it is genius. Aside from Nintendo Land's main theme the music is pretty much a mixed bag of classic remixed tunes from each attractions respective game, and each song is just as good as you remember it, maybe even better.

Gameplay: The gameplay is hit and miss depending on which attraction you play. All of the "Competitive Attractions" are variations on similar mechanics which are essentially tag, but each with their own spin on the concept. For example,in Mario Chase, the gamepad user has a map and is able to see where each of his/her pursuers is, the people using the wii-motes have to communicate with each other to ensure victory, as simple as this attraction is, it is extremely fun, and a great party game. The Cooperative Attractions are great too, with the Zelda's Battle Quest being the favorite with my family. Metroid Blast is the best for single player and for deathmatches with your friends. And Pikmin Adventure is fun, but its kind of forgettable compared to the others. The Single Player Attractions are where it gets spotty, Donkey Kong's Crash Course is great, but very challenging, Takamaru's Ninja Castle is really hard to get used to, but its fun throwing ninja stars, the Balloon Trip game is weird, and I know people who like it, but I did not. Octopus Dance is awful, each stage is too long, doesn't have any good music, and is just boring. Then the F-Zero game, it can be good, but it could have been so much better if they just made it a racing game in this mini-game collection.

After each game, in each attraction, you get coins, these coins can be used to get special items in a special mini-game, these items are just character models, items models, and music tracks from the other attractions, and collecting these can become very addictive, and makes this game much more than just a mini-game collection. That's what is so special about this game, it mainly is a mini-game collection, but has so much more depth that actually makes this game have tons of longevity.

Overall: This game is a great game, and a few bad mini-games should not detract from experience too much, but you know that the bad ones could have been better.

8/10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!