Photo

Wii u update still needed on uk machines?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 oldskool12

oldskool12

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Is the massive Wii u update still needed on uk machines?

Read this on the bbc web site that it was US Machines that were released earlyer

http://www.bbc.co.uk...nology-20407911

#2 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

You still have to do the big update in the UK, I did it yesterday. Although it did automatically disable the "power off" setting so it wouldnt be interrupted unlike the US.

#3 oldskool12

oldskool12

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:24 AM

ok thanks worried about space on my white model ? do you have to update games aswell or is this an option

#4 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:52 AM

You still have to do the big update in the UK, I did it yesterday. Although it did automatically disable the "power off" setting so it wouldnt be interrupted unlike the US.

Same with me. Disabled the auto-power off. Good job it did, because I totally forgot to turn the setting off before updating xD

ok thanks worried about space on my white model ? do you have to update games aswell or is this an option

You have to update some games yes.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#5 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

This update will take about 4 GB of your system. You do have to update each game with online or Miiverse functionality, (When you try and play a game after the update). But, these take nowhere as long as the initial update.

Although it did automatically disable the "power off" setting so it wouldnt be interrupted unlike the US.

It disabled the "power off" setting here in the US as well.

Edited by Blake, 01 December 2012 - 09:55 AM.

#6 oldskool12

oldskool12

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:00 AM

Same with me. Disabled the auto-power off. Good job it did, because I totally forgot to turn the setting off before updating xD

You have to update some games yes.

Ok thanks wil i have enought storage ?? 8gb does not seem enought with all these updates?

#7 x-SourApple-x

x-SourApple-x

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:15 AM

Ok thanks wil i have enought storage ?? 8gb does not seem enought with all these updates?

Yes, but not for all the games. The purpose of the 8GB console was so you could buy your own HDD.
http://www.youtube.com/oswingaming
https://twitter.com/OswinGaming

I have sold my Wii U, so if I deleted you from NN before I sold it, or haven't accepted your friend request since, this is why.

#8 oldskool12

oldskool12

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

Yes, but not for all the games. The purpose of the 8GB console was so you could buy your own HDD.

I see is the harddrive mainly for saves etc ? Would a Usb drive would do the trick if i ever ran out thanks again for your input

#9 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:17 AM

This update will take about 4 GB of your system. You do have to update each game with online or Miiverse functionality, (When you try and play a game after the update). But, these take nowhere as long as the initial update.

There seem to be conflicting reports as to whether the update is 1GB or 4GB. Most reports both from consumers as well as journalists seem to indicate its only 1GB.

#10 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

There seem to be conflicting reports as to whether the update is 1GB or 4GB. Most reports both from consumers as well as journalists seem to indicate its only 1GB.

I could easily be wrong. But, while browsing the eShop, on the page for the game "Warriors Orichi 3 Hyper", it said that Basic Set owners needed an external hard drive to download that game. This means that the update was either 4 GB, or the game is 7 GB to download.

#11 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

The update is 1gigabyte, not 4.

It was misreported.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=500343

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#12 oldskool12

oldskool12

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

Better news being a smaller update thanks

#13 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 01 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

why were people complaining about the auto power off feature interrupting the update then?

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:01 AM

It's not optional in that it'll download in the background, but it is optional in that you can play the game without the update.

My nintendoland update is 350ish MB
Should be fine for now, but i'd look into a usb drive in the future.

why were people complaining about the auto power off feature interrupting the update then?

Illiteracy, they were impatient and plugged it out.
Spoiler

Edited by Nollog, 01 December 2012 - 11:03 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 oldskool12

oldskool12

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

Ok long way off yet flash drive anygood So i can choose where i can save games and saves etc? That right

#16 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 12:18 PM

I could easily be wrong. But, while browsing the eShop, on the page for the game "Warriors Orichi 3 Hyper", it said that Basic Set owners needed an external hard drive to download that game. This means that the update was either 4 GB, or the game is 7 GB to download.

Remember that the OS and account data do have space already allotted for them before the update. 1GB of Miiverse would do nothing without an OS to run it. :)
Posted Image

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 01 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Ok long way off yet flash drive anygood So i can choose where i can save games and saves etc? That right

You can move them.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 08:01 PM

you could actully skip the update if you don't want to use all the stuff the update gives you, just don't go online :P same goes for the games, but you will ofc not be able to use all the apps and stuff then.
Posted Image

#19 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 11:34 PM

Yeah, but it only took me 30 mins :D an hour with all the game updates.

#20 One_Jay

One_Jay

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:16 AM

Gotta Love the BBC and their useless reporting. ;P
Nintendo Network ID: One_Jay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!