#21 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:03 AM

I saw a few people on gaf mention it. Neogaf is highly overrated in my opinion though.

The PS4/Omni/Whatever will be only slightly stronger than the Wii U, and the Nextbox will be slightly stronger than the PS4. I'm calling it now.

This. All companies will focus on more casual approach, meaning less extraordinary horsepower.
No sig.

#22 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

no dudes are you crazy? GHZ is the most important thing, pentium 4 at 4GHZ is obviously way more powerfull than a 2GHZ i7, dont you see it ? one 4GHZ the other only 2 omfg

I hope you're being sarcastic as that is not true at all.

#23 Stormage09

Stormage09

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 621 posts
  • Fandom:
    Dexter, Walking Dead

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:25 AM

Ofc i was sarcastic ;)
Posted Image

#24 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:02 AM

I remember a rumour going around that the next Xbox will have two versions. Perhaps one is for the dedicated users whilst the other, casual. Maybe Microsoft will have different specs for both?

(Or is that even feasible?)

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#25 jimreaper69

jimreaper69

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Wars

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

I dont really care to be honest,the PS3 was dreadful online and pretty much useless and the Xbox was good online but nothing but shooters,im convinced this console the almighty WiiU is the way forward,i love mine.
Posted Image

#26 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

no dudes are you crazy? GHZ is the most important thing, pentium 4 at 4GHZ is obviously way more powerfull than a 2GHZ i7, dont you see it ? one 4GHZ the other only 2 omfg

OMG you are right. I see it now. lol
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#27 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:35 AM

I remember a rumour going around that the next Xbox will have two versions. Perhaps one is for the dedicated users whilst the other, casual. Maybe Microsoft will have different specs for both?

(Or is that even feasible?)

I think that would be confusing to consumers, unless it's just like the Wii U basic and Delux. Or possibly a model that doesn't include Kinect 2. But something with different specs would be just dividing the Microsoft gaming base.

#28 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:40 AM

If this is true (and I hope it is) , it will shut up a lot of Nintendo haters as to why they chose the specs they did. Although they will still find something to hate on. Either way - its been said a lot but GPU is where its at - and the GPU in the Wii U is great. People expecting the next gen sony and microsoft systems to be 10x more powerful than the Wii U is sadly mistaken - at most it will be 2-3x more tops..if at all more powerful.

Heard that the Wii U Gpu was about the same as the Playstation 3, could be wrong

i guess it's time for the internet to spread these durango specs as it's facts.. oh wait no one cares if the next box is rumored weak but if it as the Wii U then doom and gloom theories would pop up in a few minutes

Edited by giggity3000, 02 December 2012 - 07:45 AM.

1367065580450s.jpg

#29 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

I think that would be confusing to consumers, unless it's just like the Wii U basic and Delux. Or possibly a model that doesn't include Kinect 2. But something with different specs would be just dividing the Microsoft gaming base.

The rumor he is referring to is Xbox TV, which will play causual games and all the TV apps of Xbox Live. Hopefully won't be marketed as a gaming machine.

Heard that the Wii U Gpu was about the same as the Playstation 3, could be wrong

i guess it's time for the internet to spread these durango specs as it's facts.. oh wait no one cares if the next box is rumored weak but if it as the Wii U then doom and gloom theories would pop up in a few minutes

http://m.cinemablend.com/games/Wii-U-GPGPU-Squashes-Xbox-360-PS3-Capable-DirectX-11-Equivalent-Graphics-47126.html

You are wrong. The Wii U is at leadt two generations ahead of the PS3. And with the latest info it's at least a Late Model Evergreen ATi card or more likely a Northern Islands AMD card. Or a mix of the two.

#30 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:14 AM

Wait if its only 1.6 GHz then it won't be backwards compatible then right? To have the backwards compatibility it would need the speed of 3.2 GHz which is what the 360 has rite?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#31 Bunkei

Bunkei

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Wait if its only 1.6 GHz then it won't be backwards compatible then right? To have the backwards compatibility it would need the speed of 3.2 GHz which is what the 360 has rite?

You are correct, Xbox 720 will not be backwardly compatible with X360 games. It's just not a matter of speed, it's a completely different (and more modern) architecture. I guess it's possible to do some software emulation, but from what I've seen from the PS3 and X360 that had something similar, it's not going to be very good.

Edited by Bunkei, 02 December 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#32 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

You are correct, Xbox 720 will not be backwardly compatible with X360 games. It's just not a matter of speed, it's a completely different (and more modern) architecture. I guess it's possible to do some software emulation, but from what I've seen from the PS3 and X360 that had something similar, it's not going to be very good.

Which might explain why Nintendo choose the CPU they did.

#33 Tacomywaffles

Tacomywaffles

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:33 PM

Which might explain why Nintendo choose the CPU they did.

no it doesn't

#34 vagrantwade

vagrantwade

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:52 PM

Also, why the i7s are so expensive is because of Intel's fairly new technology called hyperthreading.

Wat? Hyperthreading in processors has been around for a decade...

And the 720 CPU will clearly be more powerful than the Wii U CPU.

Debating this is silly.

Edited by vagrantwade, 02 December 2012 - 03:52 PM.

#35 Triggy1987

Triggy1987

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I don't get why people are hating on the WiiU and how supposedly weak/slow ect ect the console is. I've owned my 360/PS3 since launch and I'm honestly excited to get a WIIU. It looks like a lot of fun, and I can't wait to get one.
Over 9k subs, Youtube channel: http://tinyurl.com/c3cvsep

#36 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

no it doesn't

They choose a similiar processor so the Wii U can play Wii games easily.

#37 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:10 PM

The rumor he is referring to is Xbox TV, which will play causual games and all the TV apps of Xbox Live. Hopefully won't be marketed as a gaming machine.

http://m.cinemablend...hics-47126.html

You are wrong. The Wii U is at leadt two generations ahead of the PS3. And with the latest info it's at least a Late Model Evergreen ATi card or more likely a Northern Islands AMD card. Or a mix of the two.

The GPU in the PS3 came out in 2006, the one in the Wii U came out in January of 2010.

#38 wiiufoo

wiiufoo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:14 PM

nintendo made the right choice going with whats in the wii u. from what i read, sony and microsofts gimicks seem to be too over the top for their next consoles

#39 Bunkei

Bunkei

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:24 PM

wait .. I just read up on this rumored "Xbox TV". This set top box better be very cheap (like less than $150). Why? Because Nintendo Tvii will do the same thing without the need to purchase a separate device, and would have an additional advantage with the gamepad.

It would make far more sense to include this in the Xbox 720.

#40 Lebon14

Lebon14

Blooper

• Members
  • 183 posts
  • Fandom:
    Golden Sun and Touhou universe

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:48 PM

This CPU drama makes me remember when Intel released the Core 2 line. The LGA 775 Pentium 4s were known for their clock rate and yet, when the Core 2 was released, some were barely clocked at 1.6GHz and could easily beat the f* out some P4s. Adding a core or 3 changes a lot of things too! The clock speed is only part of a bigger picture.

Also, if the clocking gets too high, there are also other issues appearing : heat (which can be a serious issue in a home console) and CPU lifetime. There are a lot of stuff to take into account when you create hardware.
WiiU NNID : Lebon14, Friend invites will be ignored. I must know you first.
Rocketman, your rocketman
Fly with me, to the moon, to the stars my heart
Rocketman, your rocketman
Take you higher
♫ - "Rocketman" by Mega NRG Man (Super Eurobeat 217)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!