• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:48 AM

Sonic Adventure was pretty good, and Sonic Adventure 2 was great. Sonic Heroes was meh and a bad turning point for the series, but the music was good. Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic the Hedgehog 2006 were disappointments. The three Wii Sonic games were average with Sonic Colors being the best out of the 3. Sonic Unleashed was bad because of the Werehog levels. Sonic Generations was good.

Edited by PotatoHog, 02 December 2012 - 07:08 AM.

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:13 AM

Ok....::Cracks knuckles like ready to brawn:: Sonic 3D Blast, Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic Colors, and Sonic Generations ....great 3D sonic games....Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 are by far the best 2 iterations of a 3D sonic for me. The reason most the other ones sucked were 2 fold - one...Sonic is fast..and most the other games were anything but, and two - they tried relying on stupid gimmicks like the whole werehog idea in Sonic Unleashed...in fact..if it wasn't for that..the game wouldn't of been that bad. While 2D sonic is still the best...Sonic Adventure showed us that done right...sonic is great...I really want to see a return to Sonic Adventure....ahem...talking to you Sega!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

The only 3D Sonic I have played was Shadow the Hedgehog on the Gamecube, from that point on I never tried one again because it was so bad.

2lvmghw.png

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

The only 3D Sonic I have played was Shadow the Hedgehog on the Gamecube, from that point on I never tried one again because it was so bad.

You picked a doozy to base your opinion on lol - seriously try the Sonic Adventure games on Dreamcast - or at least pick up Sonic Adventure 2 on Gamecube, also try colors and generations.
Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

Sonic Heroes is the best one.

I do have generations but it turns out the 3DS one is only 2D gameplay. >.>

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:38 AM

Sonic Heroes is the best one.

I do have generations but it turns out the 3DS one is only 2D gameplay. >.>

Totally forgot about heroes - it wasn't bad...I still have the t-shirt from the game pre-order lol
Posted Image

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:58 PM

I hope we get a decent classic like Sonic in the next 2 years

#8 ChrisD

ChrisD

Nyah, see! Nyah!

• Members
  • 138 posts
  • Fandom:
    PCSoTendo. Because fanboyism is dumb.

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

Sonic Adventure 2 WOULD have been my first reply here, but the HD demo brought to my attention that it's not as fun as nostalgia had me believe. So though it's a bit early to base an opinion off of, I think Sonic Generations wins this contest. The gameplay was rather smooth with only one or two iffy bits to it through the whole game, the stage design was simply brilliant, and best of all, there's no stupid Mecha/Emerald Hunting levels to get in your way. There's no fluff so it was a short game, sure. But who cares? It was all Sonic, all the way through!

#9 Xiombarg

Xiombarg

[Sample Text]

• Administrators
  • 1,816 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:11 PM

The Shadow the Hedgehog game wasn't that bad, it did try to be too dark and gritty for a kids game, making sonic curse. But it also wasn't really a sonic game, just Shadow running around and shooting people/aliens.
Thinking back on it, there were only 2 or 3 badly designed levels. The gun mechanics were meh, some were cool, like the samurai sword or chao gun (those just made things silly again, which was good).
It was playable and has replay value. The multiplayer levels were terrible.

All in all, it was okay for what it was, a dark story for Shadow.

Where Shadow made him a darker character in a darker world, Sonic 06 made Sonic into a darker character, in a darker realistic world...
Bu 06 suffered from all bad cues of what to do wrong. Bad programming, bad voice acting, bad controls, confusing open worlds, confusing levels, terrible gameplay mechanics, difficulty to being bad, etc... 06 has nothing redeemable about the game, only some music tracks.
It still escapes me why they added Crisis City to generations. As Jontron said, it's like inviting the drunk uncle that no one likes to a party.

#10 xMichiyo

xMichiyo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo <3

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:52 AM

I really only enjoyed Sonic Adventure1/2, and maybe Heroes. Just a little...

#11 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

My 3D Sonic experience is more limited than I would like it to be but my favourite that I have played would have to be SA2B for sure.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#12 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

So far, my favorite 3D Sonic continues to be Colors, with Generations a close second, and Heroes in third.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#13 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Which do you guys think I should buy, option 1 or option 2? They're both about the same price but option 2 is a little cheaper.

Option 1. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed Wii U.

Option 2. Sonic 4 episodes 1 and 2 (360, haven't played them) and Sonic Adventure 2 HD (360, played the Dreamcast version).

I know Sonic 4 isn't 3D, but I didn't want to make a new thread over this. And I did mention one 3D Sonic game in Option 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!