• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 cholifoli

cholifoli

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:17 PM

I want to begin by saying that I absolutely love my Wii U. I had a launch day PS3 that died shortly before the Wii U came out, and I have not replaced it. I am considering purchasing a Xbox 360 as my second console, my partner would rather have the 360 over another PS3. The sole purpose would be for playing games on it that do not make it to the Wii U (Lightning Returns for example). I have concerns that is will gather dust and I hate to spend money on something that will not be utilized. For those of you with multiple consoles, do you find that one ends up just sitting around?

#2 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:27 PM

My PS3 straight up gathers dust. I play my 360 a ton. My 360 wont get as much run though when I get the wii u.
Posted Image

#3 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:28 PM

Uhm...to be honest, some of my older (SNES, N64, NES) systems have gathered a fair amount of dust with me having games for my PS3 and my newly obtained Wii U. But I do keep them around because I have the games to warrant their being around. Like Banjo Kazooie for the N64 or Chrono Trigger or Super Metroid on the SNES.

So meh. Everything gets played eventually with me. :P

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#4 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

My PS3 collects dust, but I still use my 360 and even my old Wii since the Wii U doesn't have gamecube controller support, lol.

#5 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:41 PM

It should not be a problem as long as you have specific exclusive games to play on each. A Nintendo+ Sony/M$ combo makes more sense than M$+Sony for example. :) I think it'll work out fine.
Posted Image

#6 cholifoli

cholifoli

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:42 PM

Thank you for all of the replies :). I've never felt the need to own more than one system, but it feels wrong to not have the ability to play Final Fantasy 13 or Skyrim lol. I'll be picking up a 360 tomorrow then.

#7 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

I haven't touched my 360 in months. I mostly use my PS3, Wii, and now my Wii .

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#8 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 02 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Ill put it like this.
I own a x360 and had to replace it about 5times. Rrod everything. The last one die on me an i never got another one.
I got a wii tho and played a few games on it then about 2yrs later got a ps3 slim.
The wii stay for a while but mainly due to lack of good games.
Now i got a wii u also. And ive been playing that just fine. The ps3 i havent turned on in about 2wks.

I also own a 3ds and ps vita. They both just sit there.
But this is all due to lack of games.

So imo if they system has games your looking forward to. Then it wont just sit.

Ill put it like this.
I own a x360 and had to replace it about 5times. Rrod everything. The last one die on me an i never got another one.
I got a wii tho and played a few games on it then about 2yrs later got a ps3 slim.
The wii stay for a while but mainly due to lack of good games.
Now i got a wii u also. And ive been playing that just fine. The ps3 i havent turned on in about 2wks.

I also own a 3ds and ps vita. They both just sit there.
But this is all due to lack of games.

So imo if they system has games your looking forward to. Then it wont just sit.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#9 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

Most systems will inevitably collect dust at some point. If you get 2 or 3 great games on system A and a drought on system B...it will collect dust until it reverses. I'm an avid gamer and classic game collector, So depending on what I'm playing at the moment...then like literally 20 other consoles will collect dust.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#10 Ringo_Scar

Ringo_Scar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:30 PM

Um, If you already had a PS3 that recently sided, i assume you have games for it. Why not get another PS3 over a 360 and then you can still play the games you have, Your mentioning games that are on both 360 and PS3 so to me it makes no sense to go for the 360. I have had 2 PS3's and 2 360's over the last 2 years i have totally stuck with PS3 and much prefer it but there were times where i preferred the 360.

#11 cholifoli

cholifoli

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:34 PM

If it wasn't for only being able to find the new "super slim" PS3's, I'd go for it. My friend has a new super slim, and it is super loud. Not to mention it feels extremely cheap. I've searched every online retailer, and called a few local stores. They all say the only have the holiday bundles available. I would like to play the new GOW, but at the same time I absolutely hate a loud system. I may still consider a PS3, but I traded in the 2 games I had for it. I'm not one to keep games once I've grown bored with them, so the games are a non issue.

Edited by cholifoli, 02 December 2012 - 03:38 PM.

#12 Ringo_Scar

Ringo_Scar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:37 PM

um Amazon have a bunch of the PS3 slims in stock along with the super slim

#13 cholifoli

cholifoli

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

um Amazon have a bunch of the PS3 slims in stock along with the super slim

Hmm, I guess I must have overlooked them. I'll take a look.

My bad, I saw "bundle" and didn't read into them. Thank you for the correction.

#14 Ringo_Scar

Ringo_Scar

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:45 PM

Well Amazon UK does, sorry i didn't think to ask where you are from.

#15 cholifoli

cholifoli

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 03:49 PM

I found them, now I just have to decide if I want to spend the money on the extra hard drive space. The only 160GB instock in the US are outrageously priced.

#16 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:22 PM

I found them, now I just have to decide if I want to spend the money on the extra hard drive space. The only 160GB instock in the US are outrageously priced.

I'd imagine if you looked, you could find the 250 GB Slim PS3 black friday bundle that came with the inFAMOUS Saga and the Uncharted Dual-Pack for about $300 or so.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#17 SPG

SPG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • NNID:Pyroblock
  • Fandom:
    all things Nintendo and PC

Posted 02 December 2012 - 04:35 PM

everything i own collects dust, hell, my wii u already does, i play everything atleast a day a week, my pc though, this thing is sparkling clean..... ya im a pc person, but still like consoles.

wa3Nq7j.png

#18 cholifoli

cholifoli

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:33 PM

I'd imagine if you looked, you could find the 250 GB Slim PS3 black friday bundle that came with the inFAMOUS Saga and the Uncharted Dual-Pack for about $300 or so.

everything i own collects dust, hell, my wii u already does, i play everything atleast a day a week, my pc though, this thing is sparkling clean..... ya im a pc person, but still like consoles.

I've never gotten into PC games (I've always owned a Mac), but I can see their appeal.

They have the bundle you were referring to with the first "slim". I'll just decide if the regular slim is worth the extra $40.

Well crap. I just came across another game I will be salivating over that will not be available on Xbox, Final Fantasy 14: A Realm Reborn. I guess it really is not an issue in the long run, since I'll be buying either the PS4 or new Xbox when they come out :P.

Edited by cholifoli, 02 December 2012 - 05:34 PM.

#19 tshrimp

tshrimp

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

I like all my systems, but the Xbox 360 is used most for cross platform games. But I like the PS3 exclusives better (Uncharter). If you are not a fan of PS3 exclusives the Xbox is better imo. Controller feels better, frame rates tend to be better.

#20 cholifoli

cholifoli

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:26 PM

I like all my systems, but the Xbox 360 is used most for cross platform games. But I like the PS3 exclusives better (Uncharter). If you are not a fan of PS3 exclusives the Xbox is better imo. Controller feels better, frame rates tend to be better.

Honestly, I am largely impartial to most exclusives. I do like Fable on the Xbox, while I also enjoy GOW and Ratchet&Clank on Playstation. Since FF went multiplatform, that made the decision even more difficult. What I like most about the 360 is having the option to install the game to the HDD.

Found a $199.99 Infamous/Uncharted bundle in stock at Target via online store stock checker. Must have been left over from Black Friday, it's hard to pass up at that price. I called them to confirm stock, and the nice lady was kind enough to set it aside for me until tomorrow afternoon.

Edited by cholifoli, 02 December 2012 - 08:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!