• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 wiiufoo

wiiufoo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

it seems inevitable that nintendo some where down the line will release an improved gamepad. Who here thinks we might get one with a 3d screen? technology would have to catch up as the viewing angles would have to be great.

#2 Mignaga

Mignaga

JOO TAKE MAH EMMERROWDS?!

• Members
  • 1,504 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zero Escape Metroid Madoka

Posted 02 December 2012 - 05:21 PM

I doubt it for a couple of reasons.
1. Why? Most of the time stuff like menus are going to be on that screen.
2. Nintendo didn't make the bottom screen of the 3DS in 3D, because smudges would obstruct the 3D effect.
3. Nintendo has said 3D won't be a priority for them down the line.

Mig_Sig.png

Be wary, the suck is coming.

#3 AdmiralClassy

AdmiralClassy

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 807 posts
  • NNID:AdmiralClassy
  • Fandom:
    Dragon ball Z, Nintendo, One Piece

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:47 AM

I'm pretty sure you can play ac3 in 3d on the gamepad you just need glasses

Shing Shong For Smash 4!

Honk For Ponk!

NNid AdmiralClassy
Psn AdmiralClassy

Steam AdmiralClassy

#4 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 08:56 AM

The gamepad already supports 3D, unless you mean glasses-less 3D.

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:50 AM

it seems inevitable that nintendo some where down the line will release an improved gamepad. Who here thinks we might get one with a 3d screen? technology would have to catch up as the viewing angles would have to be great.

It's not going to happen for the simple reason that the main TV screen isn't going to be 3D for everyone as not everyone will have a 3D capable TV. It would be pointless to have a 3D Gamepad if the TV is not 3D. Another reason it won't happen is because it would add too much to the cost considering the console and Gamepad are already pretty expensive. Also unless everyone upgrades to such a device developers will just continue developing for the lowest common denominator which is the existing Gamepad.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

Nintendo won't do this, it'd effect the sales of 3DS.

Nintendo won't do this, it'd effect the sales of 3DS.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#7 Reaver

Reaver

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I hope they do offer an upgraded pad at some point as if it offered a capacitive touchscreen, the pad would be perfect. I was a little dissapointed to learn it only had a resisitive touchscreen but it does work better than I expected but is still not perfect for dragging. Touching seems ok but touch is hit and miss for me as I have a light touch.

#8 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

I wouldn't doubt an upgraded, GamePad+ being sold with an ARM processor (to make it possible for more GamePads on the system) at some point. However, I don't think 3D will be part of that upgrade.
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

I doubt it's inevitable.
I think Nintendo have seen with the 3DS that the 3D fad isn't really worth investing in.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:50 AM

I severely doubt we will ever see an upgraded Gamepad - Why? Well for one look at when they introduced Wii Motion Plus - they didn't make it optional with the games that use it..it was necessary. Throwing out $25 bucks is one thing, but if they release an updated Gamepad and then make games that only make use of the updated one (which they probably would), they would be left with many angry fans. The gamepad isn't cheap and having to dish out $150 take or give a new Gamepad to play specific games would be ridiculous. Realistically who would want to spend between $100-200 on a new updated Gamepad? Not I.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:33 PM

Maybe but it would have to be cheap, I think. TBF though I don't really care I'm happy with mine.

#12 duck360

duck360

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metal Gear Solid, Big Boss!

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:35 PM

No please no 3D Dx

#13 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:47 PM

Biggest obstacle is battery technology.

autostereoscopic 3d like the 3ds has with the parralax barrier requires 2x the brightness to mantain the same brightness level as a normal screen.

That means the battery would only last half as long... And its not exactly setting battery life records right now.

That would mean a bigger battery, which makes for a heavier pad.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#14 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

I think it will be updated at some point, but its more likely to be something minor like improving battery life.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!