• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 DemonCatLord

DemonCatLord

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:15 PM

Do we know if any game demos are downloadable in the US?

I know there was supposed to be one for rayman available on release and there is a foreseen ZombiU demo.

I don't exactly know where to find them on the eshop.

#2 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:22 PM

There is a Fifa demo...in EU, so that's a no for here in N.A

#3 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:32 PM

No demos still =(

#4 Spinal

Spinal

Blooper

• Members
  • 153 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:35 PM

I can confirm that we have a fifa demo here in europe.
Posted Image

#5 Riceman

Riceman

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Zelda, Mario, CoD, GoW

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:17 PM

That is a huge sell I would think. Downloadable playable demos. I like that about Xbox and ps3. I hope that in the near future as the system gains popularity that becomes the norm with major releases on the Eshop. If not, that is a glaring omission.

#6 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Demos sell games. Nintendo needs to get in touch with the developers and request demos. If anything, Nintendo should have had some first party demos available at launch. I can understand why other companies may not have any demos because it does cost money to create a demo.

#7 Camnak11

Camnak11

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:13 PM

Yes there is one demo available which is the same as EU it's FIFA!!!

#8 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:58 PM

Fifa demo is up more coming later this month I think.

#9 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:24 AM

They dont make it very easy to find a demo in the E-Shop though. As far as I can tell you have to clik on the game itself and look for an icon that looks like a signal being sent to the gamepad. They should just have a section dedicated to demos alone.

#10 Legend_Killa7

Legend_Killa7

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 07:03 AM

They dont make it very easy to find a demo in the E-Shop though. As far as I can tell you have to clik on the game itself and look for an icon that looks like a signal being sent to the gamepad. They should just have a section dedicated to demos alone.

I agree. I am used to my PS3 where there is a section for demos, a section for DLC, etc. This is very confusing! Does anyone know: does it work the same way for DLC? If I wanted to see if there was any DLC for Super Mario Bros U, would I have to got to e shop, then click on the mario game and look there?

#11 smbeats

smbeats

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

There are 3 download available you will see a gamepad sort of icon next to the ones that do.

Fifa

Sonic All Stars

Rayman Legends

#12 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:11 AM

I agree. I am used to my PS3 where there is a section for demos, a section for DLC, etc. This is very confusing! Does anyone know: does it work the same way for DLC? If I wanted to see if there was any DLC for Super Mario Bros U, would I have to got to e shop, then click on the mario game and look there?

As there's been no DLC yet except for demos I don't think we will know unless in game DLC is actually released. I agree its not very user friendly or intuitive compared to the way its presented on Xbox Live and PSN. There should be separate sections for demos and in game DLC. I suspect that for in game DLC you will either have to go to the games listing on the eShop assuming its available as a downloadable game or launch the game itself and click on an option within it to take you to the eShop section for its DLC. For example the DLC for New Super Mario Bros. 2 on the 3DS you have to click on the coin rush option in the game which then takes you to the eShop section where you can download the extra coin rush levels.

#13 johnodd4

johnodd4

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:16 PM

There is a lot of issues right now including without a system update the wii u wont accept dlc right now kinda funny because just dance 4 and assassins creed 3 both have dlc but no one can get it untill nintendo fixes the console

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!