12 replies to this topic

#1 wthnintendo

wthnintendo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:32 PM

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us. I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with the new Wii U console. While we don't have any information about why certain formats were chosen regarding surround sound capabilities, I'll make sure that what you said about this will be forwarded. That way, your feedback will be heard. While I can't guarantee that we'll make the type of changes you suggested, we do take all feedback into consideration.

You can be sure that Nintendo is constantly at work developing new and exciting product and game ideas. Keep checking our website's "What's New" section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Sincerely,

X
Nintendo of America Inc.

I strongly urge all who are affected to do the same using contact us from the main Nintendo website. Thank You

Edited by wthnintendo, 04 December 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hello,

Thanks for sharing your comments with us. I'm sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues with the new Wii U console. While we don't have any information about why certain formats were chosen regarding surround sound capabilities, I'll make sure that what you said about this will be forwarded. That way, your feedback will be heard. While I can't guarantee that we'll make the type of changes you suggested, we do take all feedback into consideration.

You can be sure that Nintendo is constantly at work developing new and exciting product and game ideas. Keep checking our website's "What's New" section (http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew) for the latest information and announcements.

Sincerely,

X
Nintendo of America Inc.

I strongly urge all who are affected to do the same using contact us from the main Nintendo website. Thank You

Normal size text

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

POPULAR

Now hands up anyone else on this forum who really gives 2 craps ??????? anyone............................

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#4 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

Now hands up anyone else on this forum who really gives 2 craps ??????? anyone............................

Posted ImagePosted Image

#5 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 02:59 PM

Nintendo cannot do anything other than release a redesigned Wii U with a optical port, they cannot just update the firmware/software to solve this.

I DO sympathise with you & i was surprised that the Wii U doesn't support Dolby Digital & also that it doesn't come with a optical output, but it is down to cost i think & as i have said there is now nothing that can be done.

#6 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

Actually you are wrong, they could release a USB to SPDIF adapter if they wanted.

However personally I am more concerned that the lack of Dolby Digital may also restrict the ability for Netflix to bitstream that format over HDMI, as its currently not supported. So this limitation may go beyond missing a SPDIF output.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 04 December 2012 - 03:05 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#7 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:12 PM

Me give no poopies

#8 Hitomi

Hitomi

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 451 posts
  • Fandom:
    <3 Nintendo =)

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:51 AM

i don't think anyone cares about that , sry but i do not care if they add it or not

Edited by Hitomi, 05 December 2012 - 05:52 AM.

#9 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:13 AM

Im fine with my setup. Should just get a receiver with hdmi

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:09 AM

Hello,

Sincerely,
X
Nintendo of America Inc.

You seriously need to give up your obsession regards the surround sound options or lack there of on the Wii U. This clogging up of the forums with your constant spamming and starting multiple threads on the same topic is getting out of hand and extremely annoying. Give it up already and move on. I don't come to these forums to see your constant whining and complaining of this subject. We get the message and now its time to move on. It's just a games console for god sake. There are far more important things in life.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 05 December 2012 - 11:10 AM.

#11 wthnintendo

wthnintendo

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

Wow for nintendo fans you guys are down right disrespectful. I mean it. It's like your all bitter old fart women that love to bash a kid that grew up playing Mario cause your life decisions and loyalties didn't pay off. Do you get payed to downplay the relevance of this issue. Netflix doesn't even output any form of 5.1 because of nintendo making it LPCM only. Wow guys keep up the good work seriously. And to add to that they lock and bury my posts. Thats messed up.

Posted ImagePosted Image

Wow you know for a next generation console it doesn't even support any form of compressed 5.1 now thats weird for real. And these guys just spam every thread that raises awareness of this and attempt to discredit the relevance of this fact. People have been using compressed 5.1 for their audio setups before wii didn't go HD and now its like well time to upgrade your audio systems everybody because the wii U went HD and HDMI 5.1 rendering all surround headset connectivity useless, on top of that when they begin to integrate HDMI into headsets everyone will have to buy all new Tvs with a "special" HDMI audio only port. Just amazing decision Nintendo made here.

Edited by wthnintendo, 05 December 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#12 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

Wow for nintendo fans you guys are down right disrespectful. I mean it. It's like your all bitter old fart women that love to bash a kid that grew up playing Mario cause your life decisions and loyalties didn't pay off. Do you get payed to downplay the relevance of this issue. Netflix doesn't even output any form of 5.1 because of nintendo making it LPCM only. Wow guys keep up the good work seriously. And to add to that they lock and bury my posts. Thats messed up.

Wow you know for a next generation console it doesn't even support any form of compressed 5.1 now thats weird for real. And these guys just spam every thread that raises awareness of this and attempt to discredit the relevance of this fact. People have been using compressed 5.1 for their audio setups before wii didn't go HD and now its like well time to upgrade your audio systems everybody because the wii U went HD and HDMI 5.1 rendering all surround headset connectivity useless, on top of that when they begin to integrate HDMI into headsets everyone will have to buy all new Tvs with a "special" HDMI audio only port. Just amazing decision Nintendo made here.

If you had posted one thread maybe we'd be a bit more interested in the topic.

#13 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

Your main point about netflix is void in my region as it does not exist, and like above if you have posted one sensible thread about it, you might find people would take you a little more serious.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!