• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:41 AM

2010 was a great year for gaming, with lots of awesome releases all across the industry. So, out of all of them, what was your favourite? It can be for any system, not just the Wii.

My personal choice goes to Super Mario Galaxy 2. As a hardcore fan of the first, I was actually kinda sad when I reached the final, bitter end after getting each and every single star in it. Since then, I had actually been turning over the idea of Nintendo possibly following it up somehow, and hopefully adding Yoshi to it when they do. Lo and behold, at E3 '09, I saw my dream become a reality during Nintendo's incredible press conference. And in May, I popped in that beautiful disc, knowing that I was about to double-dip on one of the greatest gaming experiences of my life...

#2 Revolution

Revolution

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 04:46 AM

Altough I enjoyed both Super Mario Galaxy and its sequel, neither of them kept my playing untill the end, unlike New! Super Mario Bros. Wii!. But choosing a favourite would be too hard for me, so I'll just write down a list of some games I really enjoyed:
-GTA IV extentions (both)
-Motorstorm: Pacific Rift
-Final Fantasy XIII
-Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
-New! Super Mario Bros. Wii!
-Donkey Kong Country Returns

Might be missing some. Kirby's Epic Yarn isn't on the list since it isn't out in Europe yet.

#3 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:
    Star Trek, Fringe, NCIS, yoshis, fantasy

Posted 20 December 2010 - 07:57 AM

My personal choice goes to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I really wanna try that now. Just got it last week, didn't even have an occasion to play it yet.
About that, quick question: there's a DVD in the box, which the guide says you should watch first; is it really necessary?

But I've had the occasion to play Sonic Unleashed, which seems quite interesting so far. The 3D-2D switching was somewhat disorienting at first, but it's a fun experience.

These are my dragon persona Darren's parents. Or Darrents, if you will.
Posted Image

#4 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:56 AM

Aww man, so many to name...

-DKC Returns
-Kirby's Epic Yarn
-Mario Galaxy 2
-Epic Mickey

I dont know which! (theres more than these.)

#5 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 20 December 2010 - 12:34 PM

[...] there's a DVD in the box, which the guide says you should watch first; is it really necessary?

If you know how to locate and press the A button on the Wii Remote, then HECK NO. That DVD is only included for people who've never played a video game before - here in North America, we don't even get one. :lol:

Nice to see you like Sonic Unleashed. That game's a lot better than most people are giving it credit for. Though there's Sonic Colours now, which is supposedly more Sonic Unleashed but minus all the werewolf segments.

Gawd, I need money for all these games. ;)

#6 Gamer

Gamer

Blooper

• Members
  • 156 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Mario, Wii, DS

Posted 20 December 2010 - 02:23 PM

Sonic Unleashed was a good game. Though I only played the Wii version, I bet the 360/PS3 one is better.

The werehog stages are not all that bad!

#7 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 December 2010 - 05:24 AM

Is the A button that huge, circle-shaped transparent dome-ish thing on top of the wiimote, with a giant 'A' on it? *phaser'd*

Well, I've read the back cover of Sonic Colours when I was buying Sonic Unleashed and SMG2, and... to me, those Wisps sound like ripoffs of the power-ups from the Mario franchise. Plus the speed, of course, and rings instead of coins. I dunno though, I'll look for videos and stuff.

Also, the werehog has some interesting abilities. It's not as cliché'd and unoriginal as some people say.
And speaking of which, I was snorting and giggling at the cutscene where the professor (I forgot his name) was complaining about the sandwiches, while Tails was trying to explain that they had come to rescue him.

Posted Image

#8 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 21 December 2010 - 10:28 AM

This is a hard question for me ;)
Not because it's hard to pick... But because my Wii and DS both half a year ago D: (DS is all better now)
So the best game of 2010 for me is... Rune Factory 3!
Even if it was the only OhTen game I played, it was still a pretty good game. I might go for a 100% completion, which is a first for me :D
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#9 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 21 December 2010 - 03:18 PM

It keeps changing for me, I guess for Wii it would have to be Epic Mickey, DS Golden Sun/Dragon Quest IX and for PS3 Fallout New Vegas. Wii favourite probably would have been Epic Yarn but it hasn't come out in UK yet so it can't count for 2010.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#10 Goose74

Goose74

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Sony

Posted 24 December 2010 - 12:36 AM

For me the overall best game is Epic Mickey. The best game i played this year. In my opinion it is better than SMG 2. Everyone that has not played Epic Mickey should do it. You will miss an amazing game if you do not. ;)
On PS3 i would vote for Fallout New Vegas and Two Worlds 2. Both are great.

Best regards.

Goose74 :D

#11 Roy

Roy

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Fandom:
    Ninja Bread Man. Best. Game. Ever

Posted 24 December 2010 - 04:24 AM

[...] there's a DVD in the box, which the guide says you should watch first; is it really necessary?

If you know how to locate and press the A button on the Wii Remote, then HECK NO. That DVD is only included for people who've never played a video game before - here in North America, we don't even get one. :lol:

Nice to see you like Sonic Unleashed. That game's a lot better than most people are giving it credit for. Though there's Sonic Colours now, which is supposedly more Sonic Unleashed but minus all the werewolf segments.

Gawd, I need money for all these games. ;)

I never watched the DVD it is only for complete noobs who have never played games before like Feld0 said.
although why someone would start on galaxy 2 is crazy, it's a tough game, especially later on.
Best game for me is Galaxy 2, i owned the whole game which makes me pretty chuffed.

Hello, I am Roy.

Posted Image

#12 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 January 2011 - 07:29 AM

because my Wii and DS both ___ half a year ago

You need a verb there,Wertville. XP

Well actually, Sonic Riders Zero Gravity is the game I played the most often. Because it's simple, and I often need something simple to rest a little.
But for "favourite", I still stand by my choice; Sonic Unleashed has interesting features, especially the Werehog's stretchy arms.

Oh, and Super Paper Mario. It's just a shame that it doesn't have Yoshi anywhere. ;P

Posted Image

#13 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 05 January 2011 - 05:06 PM

GAH! You're right! How did I miss that >.<

And... Wait, is Sonic Unleashed even a 2010 game?
Unless I'm understanding the topic incorrectly...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#14 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 January 2011 - 01:05 PM

I don't know... wasn't it released (unleashed, ahaha) in 2010?
In Europe, at least. I dunno, I forgot.

Posted Image

#15 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

Super Paper Mario's pretty old, FS. It's from 2007. I remember 'cause I got it on my birthday, and thought of it as a prelude to Super Mario Galaxy, which was to come several months later.

#16 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 January 2011 - 06:11 PM

I don't know... wasn't it released (unleashed, ahaha) in 2010?
In Europe, at least. I dunno, I forgot.

In Europe, November 28th, 2008.
Except the PS3 version, which was December 19th, 2008
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#17 Ephesus

Ephesus

Blooper

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Eh, sorry. My mistake.

It'd be SMG2 then. I just played it today (the whole morning, plus two hours in the afternoon) and absolutely loved it.
On a sidenote, I was positively surprised to see Yoshi pop up so early. Though I must admit, his tendency to freak out when hurt was annoying and very... un-yoshi. XD

Posted Image

#18 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 07 January 2011 - 01:26 PM

I really need to play that game >.<
I've only been able to hear good things about it! (And fanboy comments)
Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#19 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 09 January 2011 - 07:04 PM

Uh, Id have to say call of duty blackops and the sly collection. All three sly games on one disc? Heck yes

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#20 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 14 February 2011 - 06:14 PM

Well, i really liked Alan Wake, but i didn't play much games of the last year since the disc tray of my Xbox died.
right now I'm playing trough games on demand. :D

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!