51 replies to this topic

#41 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 12:31 PM

That itself will never be possible.

It will someday. Just not this upcoming generation.

#42 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

It will someday. Just not this upcoming generation.

I don't think it will happen what I mean is they can make make a video game that looks just like real life but that won't be simulating everything in the real word that will be going down to cellular and atomic levels of detail which just won't happen.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 12 December 2012 - 01:06 PM.

#43 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

I don't think it will happen what I mean is they can make make a video game that looks just like real life but that won't be simulating everything in the real word that will be going down to cellular and atomic levels of detail which just won't happen.

You can't see what happens at that level and thus can be seen as being irrelevant.

#44 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:34 PM

You can't see what happens at that level and thus can be seen as being irrelevant.

It may be but, what I was replying to said that for something to be like real life it must perfectly simulate the real world with every detail which to do so you have to go to the cellular and atomic levels.

#45 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:09 PM

It may be but, what I was replying to said that for something to be like real life it must perfectly simulate the real world with every detail which to do so you have to go to the cellular and atomic levels.

Not really. There are paintings and 3D renders that look perfectly like real life, and I'm sure they weren't painted and modeled atom by atom.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#46 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Not really. There are paintings and 3D renders that look perfectly like real life, and I'm sure they weren't painted and modeled atom by atom.

UGG read the post I was quoting if you couldn't look back to the last page it was this quote

"Real life as in, perfectly simulating the real world. Every single detail. "

To achieve this you would need to go to the atomic level since he said every single detail. You guys are talking about looking like its real life which I said in my Second post was possible but to get every single detail no matter how small is not possible and thus we will never truly get True Real Life simulation as the quote above was pointing to .

*NOTE * It may be possible in 300-800 years but I'm pretty sure nobody working in that timeframe *Note*

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 12 December 2012 - 02:37 PM.

#47 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 12 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

Off course I meant every single detail the human eye can see. It will be possible one day, just not soon.
No sig.

#48 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

Hot dog vendor who spilled condiments on himself

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:40 PM

While I'm not necessarily taking either side right now... I will say... video games will be much more difficult than paintings because they are in 3D. There is more to gripe about that isn't real.

As for 3D renders, I believe they tend to look a generation or two better than games.

Edited by PotatoHog, 12 December 2012 - 03:41 PM.

#49 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:44 PM

I guess all I'm saying is that, in order for a game to be exactly like real life, yes, of course it would have to simulate every atom, but in order to look like real life (which is really all that matters when you think about it), it simply needs to simulate everything down do whatever the eye can distinguish. Past that, it makes no difference.

Don't want to start a flame war here, or anything, I just wanted to state my opinion. xD

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#50 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 03:48 PM

I guess all I'm saying is that, in order for a game to be exactly like real life, yes, of course it would have to simulate every atom, but in order to look like real life (which is really all that matters when you think about it), it simply needs to simulate everything down do whatever the eye can distinguish. Past that, it makes no difference.

Don't want to start a flame war here, or anything, I just wanted to state my opinion. xD

I don't think this thread is going the way of flame wars right now, just deep discussions.

I think what the human eye can distinguish is somewhere between an absolute realistic level and what can actually be achieved by the best 3D renders, but that there is still always room for improvements.

#51 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 11:41 PM

Haha, well you won't be looking through microscopes in these games. It will probably be some type of MMO with a headset that will push the boundaries. Just walking around should look like real life (someday)

#52 BrosBeforeGardenTools

BrosBeforeGardenTools

• Members
  • 1,864 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 12:19 AM

Haha, well you won't be looking through microscopes in these games. It will probably be some type of MMO with a headset that will push the boundaries. Just walking around should look like real life (someday)

That sounds interesting.

This thread needs to reach an end though, as I have made an "Official thread" for our discussions.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!