• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#41 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 07:26 PM

gen 8: consuls relize that there are few games that need great power, people do not yet relize this and expect a big bump from xbox/PS4. i expect to see a major disapointment if the above is true. gen 8 likly focusing on graphics as most CPU's are capable of almost everything necceassary and just need to be optimized. wiiU would probly hold better next to other systems than before.

gen 9: possibly the last generation. everygame could run within everyconsules power limits, only compition being exclusives. everything that needs more power would be PC, and that would be rare.

gen10: ruffly 40 years from now

#42 Foot

Foot

The most badass sociopath to ever exist.

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • NNID:DPapcinEVO
  • Fandom:
    Sock Wars, Shoehorn Leghorn

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:49 AM

Most optomistic post ive seen on ANY site.... NEOGAF and BEYOND 3D would band you for saying such a thing.

So is that a good thing or a bad thing?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

We foot will rebel one day.

#43 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:49 AM

Only big advantage I can see the 720 having over the Omni or Wii U is DX11 support, which'll be huge because you can use tessellation and whatnot to get much more detail out of things, while still using the same models as the other versions.

Funny we don't know what the Wii U GPU will be capable of. So it's to early to say 720 will have tessellation and Wii U won't or doesn't. People believe wii u GPU started of with dx10.1 capabilities but that was BEFORE customization. I believe the wii u GPU will have the most current modern architecture.

So is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Optimism is good for you.

#44 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:19 AM

Not to be an obnoxious fanboy but both wouldn't be good buys IMO.The 720 will almost definitely RROD day one so dont waste your time preordering. As for the PS4 Its self explanatory...In game ads are still in the realm of possility last I heard,The unability to acess certain content from used games,Plus it will probably be waaay to expensive(more so than the PS3 at launch).Although I would eventually like to play these consoles I strongly suggest you wait. Stick to The Wii U and the 7th generation home consoles until then.Not much else to say.

Signature_DK.png

#45 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:23 AM

I'll be sticking with me wiiU BUT im def getting the new xbox too, coz ive enjoyed the games on the original xbox and 360 so cant see why i wont enjoy the new one and what ever games are released on it.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#46 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 21 December 2012 - 10:35 AM

gen 8: consuls relize that there are few games that need great power, people do not yet relize this and expect a big bump from xbox/PS4. i expect to see a major disapointment if the above is true. gen 8 likly focusing on graphics as most CPU's are capable of almost everything necceassary and just need to be optimized. wiiU would probly hold better next to other systems than before.

gen 9: possibly the last generation. everygame could run within everyconsules power limits, only compition being exclusives. everything that needs more power would be PC, and that would be rare.

gen10: ruffly 40 years from now

I honestly cant see that happening. As long as there is a demand for games there will be a supply.Even if companies have to rethink their policies(Which they obviously will because they aren't that stupid) I can never see your theory happening.

So apparently one of the guys for Doom 3 says that the next gen systems are going to be weak. After looking at Agni's Philosophy I'm pretty confident we won't see graphics like that on the home consoles.

http://www.dsogaming...ers-tech-demos/

I mean we're talking about 4-8 gigs of RAM while this thing needs 32 gigs!

I honestly believe in what the guy from Doom is saying is true.The graphic potential for these new systems wont be ungodly more cutting edge than the Wii U.Technology has caught up with time. I honestly cant see another situation where Nintendo's graphics are way worse than the competitions.

I'll be sticking with me wiiU BUT im def getting the new xbox too, coz ive enjoyed the games on the original xbox and 360 so cant see why i wont enjoy the new one and what ever games are released on it.

I wouldn't recommend getting one until they kill the RROD or its confirmed to not exist J ust looking out for your interest.

Edited by Mr.Saturn90, 21 December 2012 - 10:36 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#47 Fallen

Fallen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:38 PM

It seems that the heart of gaming has shifted dramatically over the past couple of years. Everything seems to be revolving around graphics and powerhouse and not the actual content of the game being developed. In terms of the new next-gen consoles, I'm more concerned of the exclusives that are coming out for them as opposed to how powerful they are. Yeah I get that having a strong power-house with amazing graphics is all the rage, but if that's what you're going for you're betting off building a $1,400 PC that can play 96% of games at maxed settings 1080P (greater than any console you'll ever play right now). And it goes without saying you can upgrade your parts at your disposal as games require more and more out of your PC.

TL;DR they way I see it, if you're all about exclusives then go for console gaming, but if all you care about is the greatest graphics etc then you're better off going PC since there's like an %80 chance that the game is cross platform anyways and you'd be getting a bigger bang for your buck.
NNID: Hallucination
XBL: Disappearance
Steam: Manifested

#48 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

It seems that the heart of gaming has shifted dramatically over the past couple of years. Everything seems to be revolving around graphics and powerhouse and not the actual content of the game being developed. In terms of the new next-gen consoles, I'm more concerned of the exclusives that are coming out for them as opposed to how powerful they are. Yeah I get that having a strong power-house with amazing graphics is all the rage, but if that's what you're going for you're betting off building a $1,400 PC that can play 96% of games at maxed settings 1080P (greater than any console you'll ever play right now). And it goes without saying you can upgrade your parts at your disposal as games require more and more out of your PC.

TL;DR they way I see it, if you're all about exclusives then go for console gaming, but if all you care about is the greatest graphics etc then you're better off going PC since there's like an %80 chance that the game is cross platform anyways and you'd be getting a bigger bang for your buck.

One console will fall next gen. There are simply too many consoles on the market, plus the addition of tablets and smartphones. PS4, Nextbox, Wii U, Ouya, PC, Steambox, Tablets/smartphones, Vita, 3DS... It's just too much.

#49 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:04 PM

PC gaming suck IMO. I spent 400 bucks on a pc and it can barely even run Oblivion! Unless you are really wealthy and willing to deal with crashes stick to consoles.

One console will fall next gen. There are simply too many consoles on the market, plus the addition of tablets and smartphones. PS4, Nextbox, Wii U, Ouya, PC, Steambox, Tablets/smartphones, Vita, 3DS... It's just too much.

If anything falls it will be the Vita due to lack of games,being real expensive compared to the 3DS,and poor sells.Sony should stick to home consoles.

And the OUYA is a joke.

Signature_DK.png

#50 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:07 PM

Optimism is good for you.

Still not sure if that's a complement or insult, lol?
I am the foot. I do not like you. You smother me with socks and shoes, then step on me thousands of times a day.

#51 Fallen

Fallen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:26 PM

PC gaming suck IMO. I spent 400 bucks on a pc and it can barely even run Oblivion! Unless you are really wealthy and willing to deal with crashes stick to consoles.

If anything falls it will be the Vita due to lack of games,being real expensive compared to the 3DS,and poor sells.Sony should stick to home consoles.

And the OUYA is a joke.

am lol when, if you're buying a premade PC then you won't be able to run anything hence why in my post I said "You're better off building a custom gaming PC." As for dealing with crashes that inevitable with technology in general lmfao. Yes, building a gaming PC is expensive but you'll get so much more out of it in the long run.

#52 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:28 PM

Sorry but its not worth the time and hassle to me.

Signature_DK.png

#53 Fallen

Fallen

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:43 PM

Edit: Misread above post

It's understandable, it's not for everyone due to the inconvenience it can impose. My point being was that graphics should be a perk of the system, not a deal breaker. :P

Edited by Fallen, 22 December 2012 - 04:53 PM.

#54 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:40 PM

Still not sure if that's a complement or insult, lol?

complement

Edited by GAMER1984, 22 December 2012 - 06:41 PM.

#55 kirbylover

kirbylover

Kirby And Pikachu are Freakin awesome

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • Fandom:
    kirby,mario kart,mario,anything nintendo

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

PS4 & xbox 760 are gonna beat wii u. The xbox 760 will beat it by 200 miles & the ps4 will just beat it barely. I'm not exactly an exginer. I'm thinking about going into the gaming business but not in those specs. I'm actally trying to get a job for nintendo(hal lab.) and being a art director. I'm doing pretty awesome so far. Maybe if I make it i could concept on here.

Signature_Mewtwo.png

Pokedex entry: Mewtwo: The butt pokemon. It is really sexy and any pokemon that sees it wants to have sex with it. It's power comes from it's butt.

#56 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:00 PM

Considering I'm getting a Wii U for Christmas, I'll hold off on getting the 720 or whatever it's going to be called until there is a Halo/Gears game for it.

#57 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:46 PM

PS4 & xbox 760 are gonna beat wii u. The xbox 760 will beat it by 200 miles & the ps4 will just beat it barely. I'm not exactly an exginer. I'm thinking about going into the gaming business but not in those specs. I'm actally trying to get a job for nintendo(hal lab.) and being a art director. I'm doing pretty awesome so far. Maybe if I make it i could concept on here.

200miles on a how long race, 1000mile long?

yea PS4 is very close, did find it intristing that dice has PS4 rumors running BF4 with 64 players, a capability likly capapble from the wiiU.

xbox720 is expected to beat teh wiiU but not as badly as it beat teh wii. id also expect more wiiU 3rd party support when teh PS4/720 comeout, cause they would all have less people than the last gen for a while.

#58 Foot

Foot

• Members
  • 1,038 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 December 2012 - 05:50 AM

760? Don't u mean 720?

#59 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:19 PM

What do you guys think about the SteamBox? I think it could very well have better specs than both consoles with complete backwards support.

#60 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 11:04 AM

steambox could be good although it depends on specs as people will be expecting pc quality gaming from it ie strong gpu/cpu/ram.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!