Photo

Will the Wii U take as much time to get going as the 3DS?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Mensrea

Mensrea

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid,Zelda ,Pikmin ,Resistance

Posted 13 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

The Wii U is upon us, and I believe that it is a console brimming with potential. The question on everyone's mind of course, is "when are we going to start seeing the big games". We have Pikmin 3 on the horizon, as well as P-100 and Bayonetta 2, all good games in their own right, but beyond that we know very little. So my question is, when are we going to start seeing Nintendo pull out the big guns? If we look at the 3DS, the situation becomes a bit scary.

The 3DS is almost on it's 3rd year, and the only big first party support we have seen is Mario, and man they have really pounded Mario into the ground. SM3DL, NSMB2, Mario Kart, Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, need I go on? Those games are all fine, but we really haven't seen any of Nintendo's big games. Sure there was OOT3D, and Starfox 64, but those were both remakes. So far we have seen Mario, and Kid Icarus. Frankly, I don't want to play Mario for 3 years on my Wii U. Right now the 3DS is close to it's 3rd year, and we still have zero info on: Kirby, Starfox, Zelda, Metroid, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, etc. Kind of a grim library in my opinion. Right now mario is the only reason to buy a 3DS, and I'm burnt out on Mario after the whoring of him nintendo has done recently.

So my question is, how long until the Wii U's library really starts heating up? Are we going to see a 3DS situation with very little variety/third party support? Or are we going to get the diverse library that is usually part of Nintendo systems? Even the Wii two years in had a: 3D mario game, Metroid game, and Zelda game.
A noble spirit embiggens the smallest man

#2 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 13 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

I think wait until early next year and leading to and beyond e3 we will have a lot more info on upcoming Wii u titles, Nintendo is going to have to make a strong impression because they will most likely be the only 1 of the big 3 to not show off new hardware. So software is what's going to bring them home, I have a feeling we will see a few heavy hitters.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#3 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 14 December 2012 - 02:29 AM

^I like your sig.

On topic: I don't think it will take as long. To be honest, the 3DS didn't do that bad either. I think next year we will get some new next-gen specific games which would sell (third party) but also some first party hitters. Mario Kart 8 wouldn't surprise me a bit (but I'd still enjoy it.. Mario Kart Wii looked AMAZING for a Wii game, now imagine that with modern tech and in HD... that should be mind-blowing). A new 3D Mario is a bit too hopeful perhaps, but would be a smart move for sure. Zelda won't happen, there's a chance for a new Metroid tho, to appeal to the hardcore gamers.. And we will also see a few casual titles again that will sell a lot. What happened to Wii Fit U?
No sig.

#4 kris1206

kris1206

Blooper

• Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

^I like your sig.

On topic: I don't think it will take as long. To be honest, the 3DS didn't do that bad either. I think next year we will get some new next-gen specific games which would sell (third party) but also some first party hitters. Mario Kart 8 wouldn't surprise me a bit (but I'd still enjoy it.. Mario Kart Wii looked AMAZING for a Wii game, now imagine that with modern tech and in HD... that should be mind-blowing). A new 3D Mario is a bit too hopeful perhaps, but would be a smart move for sure. Zelda won't happen, there's a chance for a new Metroid tho, to appeal to the hardcore gamers.. And we will also see a few casual titles again that will sell a lot. What happened to Wii Fit U?

Reggie's body isn't ready at the moment XD

I only have 5 games for my 3DS three of which are mario and the others are from third parties (and ill be getting luigi's mansion next year). I think in two years a Zelda game will be announced and released and mario 3D will come out around the same time. I think next year will be mainly new IPs
Posted Image

#5 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:06 PM

This thread belongs in the hardware section and not the games section.

#6 Lethal

Lethal

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Wait a damn minute!!!!! The 3DS got going?

#7 dyatir

dyatir

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • Fandom:
    Super Smash Bros, Mario, Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:24 AM

Wait a damn minute!!!!! The 3DS got going?

Yea didn't remembered, it got poke..., legend of ze......
Leave me alone it got mario

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!