22 replies to this topic

#1 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:42 AM

http://wiiudaily.com...-wii-u-version/

I mean just give me a break. The gamepad is what distinguishes the WiiU, but that doesn't mean the game cannot still be played using the gamepad or pro controller. This is pretty much a diss.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#2 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

I mean just give me a break. The gamepad is what distinguishes the WiiU, but that doesn't mean the game cannot still be played using the gamepad or pro controller. This is pretty much a diss.

its just a developer being lazy

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

How pathetic...

Posted Image

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:54 AM

its just a developer being lazy

There is nothing wrong or lazy with this reasoning. I'm glad they didn't try to patch this game together with GamePad support for the Wii U. In a separate interview they said that they would want to do the game right and would want to use the GamePad to its fullest. This isn't a negative article at all, your just reading into it way to much.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

this makes sense. the install base is currently less than 1 million, so basically developers will only port games they know will sell well to make sure they get some profit. they believe that early adopters will buy the games that make use of the system's new capabilities the most e.g. zombi u. They don't think the wii u version of metal gear will stand out against pikmin, wonderful 101, bayonetta, lego city and rayman which have been built for the wii u. therefore they don't believe that this game should be ported now cos the currently small install base will not buy it when they can buy other games that make use of the new system better.
Posted Image

#6 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:30 PM

I don't know fellas....this could be interpreted either way.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#7 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 19 December 2012 - 12:44 PM

WTF!!!!!!!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#8 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:53 PM

DAFUQ. FACK YOU KONAMI. Lazy!

#9 Crimson_Engage

Crimson_Engage

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:04 PM

Everyone bashing Konami need to keep their mouths closed. They are doing what's right for business.

For starters, the Wii U doesn't come with a Pro Controller. They aren't going to make a game for the Wii U when a lot of people don't one a Pro Controller. (their game is designed to utilize controllers like the 360/ps3 not a gamepad)

Second, as someone else stated the Wii U doesn't even have $1 million users. It's an extremely small install base.

Anyways, luckily for me I own all platforms.

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:22 PM

It's the install base that's the problem here. Why Konami didn't just outright say it is beyond me.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:55 PM

this makes sense. the install base is currently less than 1 million, so basically developers will only port games they know will sell well to make sure they get some profit. they believe that early adopters will buy the games that make use of the system's new capabilities the most e.g. zombi u. They don't think the wii u version of metal gear will stand out against pikmin, wonderful 101, bayonetta, lego city and rayman which have been built for the wii u. therefore they don't believe that this game should be ported now cos the currently small install base will not buy it when they can buy other games that make use of the new system better.

then y didnt the developer say something like this. yes i expect alot more people to get exclusives, adn 3rdparties not to pick up until 3months in.

Everyone bashing Konami need to keep their mouths closed. They are doing what's right for business.

For starters, the Wii U doesn't come with a Pro Controller. They aren't going to make a game for the Wii U when a lot of people don't one a Pro Controller. (their game is designed to utilize controllers like the 360/ps3 not a gamepad)

Second, as someone else stated the Wii U doesn't even have $1 million users. It's an extremely small install base.

gamepad is preety much a wider PS360 controler with a screen. i was disapointed i cant play assasions creed on the pads screen.

#12 NegaScott128

NegaScott128

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:27 PM

I think Platinum's smart by doing this. It'd just end up as a lazy port anyway, and coming out of the gate with a bad port would probably reflect badly on Wonderful 101 and Bayonetta 2.

Not happy about it, but...

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:24 PM

This game actually looked awesome too, but I don't have time for developers who just plain and simple can't be bothered, you will always get a much better game from someone who takes pride in what they do.

#14 Crackkat

Crackkat

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,266 posts
  • Fandom:
    zelda mainly, most nintendo stuff too

Posted 20 December 2012 - 05:49 AM

gamepad is preety much a wider PS360 controler with a screen. i was disapointed i cant play assasions creed on the pads screen.

you can, pause the game and go into settings/options and there will be an option to play entirely on the gamepad screen :)
Posted Image

#15 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 08:15 AM

I don't buy this as an explanation. If I'm not mistaken developers are free to do as little or as much as they want with the gamepad screen right? If you take the screen away it is designed just like any other controller.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#16 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:07 PM

Why does EVERYTHING have to centered around the gamepad? I am guessing Nintendo requires the developer support minimum gamepad functions at least? Why not release the game with just pro controller support if it's that big of a deal and Nintendo isn;t enforcing any restrictions? Just put a warning that it requires a pro controller. I mean, I have all 3 current consoles, but some more hardcore Nintendo guys may only have the wii u and will miss the chance to play.

#17 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

MAJOR cop out and EPIC FAIL.

Signature_DK.png

#18 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 04:34 PM

Just a lazy excuse as a developer need only lazy port over a game to the Wii U and allow it to be played entirely on the GamePad with the TV off, that is enough IMO to make or worthwhile. Anything else should only be done to a game if it actually improves it.

I haven't played ZombiU much, but my first hour or so with the game I actually ended up wishing it DIDN'T use the GamePad so much. As having to constantly lift up the GamePad to perform actions just doesn't seem as much fun as a normal controller where you can just forget the controller is even there at all.

I'm all for putting maps and inventory on the GamePad, that is something which always takes you away from the game anyway. But having to deal with stuff going on the GamePad AND the TV screen at the same time, I'm not really enjoying that experience personally.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 21 December 2012 - 04:36 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#19 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

for 1 thing almost 2 million sold in 1 month. thats 4 times what the ps3 did. you need to sut your mouth moron

#20 m3gaman81

m3gaman81

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 03:51 PM

Obviously Nintendo wants the main focus of the gamepad, so devs have to focus new ways of implementing the features of the gamepad.

Who wouldn't want to use the gamepad?

It's frikkin fekkin fakkin friggin frokkin frakkin freakin awesomnississimnessessily cool.

That's..... awesomnississimnessessily cooooooool :)

For me the gamepad as a map and inventory is a win win.....so devs...get on it man, come on no more excuses....like my dog eat my homework.....excuses....excuses....:P
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!