BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

I heard somewhere that the ps4 and xbox 720 only need a small graphical leap in order to cause third-parties to abandon the Wii U?

#2 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:18 PM

That's the developer's choice... We can't predict it.

#3 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

They can be less powerful than tje wii u and devs will still find excuses.

They dont like competing with nintendo games.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#4 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:25 PM

Where the hell did you here this? Some fat 40 year old's blog he writes out of his parents basement?

Unless you heard this from a Time Traveler who has seen the future it means absolutely nothing
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#5 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:28 PM

Where the hell did you here this? Some fat 40 year old's blog he writes out of his parents basement?

Unless you heard this from a Time Traveler who has seen the future it means absolutely nothing

I heard it from the Sega forums.

#6 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

I imagine Sony and Microsoft will make a BIG leap but then to utilise that power will take time. In the meantime the Wii U can build a solid base of consumers to attract 3rd parties.

#7 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

Yeah, and they know because there consoles are selling great... O wait T_T

Sorry Tricky nothing personal.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#8 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:37 PM

Forums are generally not a good place for fact...just saying....

I imagine Sony and Microsoft will make a BIG leap but then to utilise that power will take time. In the meantime the Wii U can build a solid base of consumers to attract 3rd parties.

You must be a little behind the times :P , if you check most the recent articles - it shows the power of next Sony/MS gen systems - Sony is only 2-3x more powerful than the Wii U and the Nextbox is 4-5x more powerful - they seem to be focusing on different ways to game over raw power. I say if anything their choices opens up the playing field for a very fair console race that Nintendo can do well in...after all - they are starting to enter territory that Nintendo has been comfortable in since the dawn of gaming as we know it.

Yeah, and they know because there consoles are selling great... O wait T_T

Sorry Tricky nothing personal.

Overlooking the fact that you suck and I hate you...(obviously you know I'm joking...or am i...?) :D .Not sure how that's relevant...that would be like saying things on these forums represent Nintendo directly...

Edited by Tricky Kirito-Kun, 19 December 2012 - 01:38 PM.

Posted Image
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#9 Binky_1221

Binky_1221

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:41 PM

3rd party games on the Wii U will just be inferior ports with gimmicky features thanks to the game pad. I hate to think it, but its true. Good news is that Nintendo has ALOT of great exclusive titles, which is the main reason I bought a Wii U.

#10 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Considering many games are developed on console and PC, and the difference between a mid-range PC and PS3/Xbox 360 is likely to be FAR bigger than the difference between Wii U and the next consoles, I don't think its going to be a problem.

The Wii U might not get optimal ports, similar to how Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is best on Wii U with frame rate issues on other platforms, but that really depends on the developers. After all, Sonic Racing was also ported to PS Vita which is even weaker still. So it CAN be done, although if it can be done well is up for debate - as said port is supposed to be pretty rough. Then again its hardly fair, its the developers first game for PS Vita and on that level, its mightly impressive.

However I also agree with @Blinky_1221 in that I bought the Wii U purely for its exclusive games, not ports, and I fear the developers are focusing too much on the GamePad.

It seems there are two lines of thought, either they do not port to Wii U because there is "nothing different they can use the GamePad for", or they port the game over and add pointless gimmicks to them. It seems a lot of developers miss the fact that some people are buying Wii U as their main console and are perfectly happy to play ports without GamePad functionality at all.

I for one do not mind playing a game on Wii U where its only GamePad function is being able to play it without the TV on, as long as its not due to laziness. If the GamePad CAN improve a game, fair enough, but do not slap stuff on there just for the gimmick factor, that sucks.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 19 December 2012 - 01:48 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#11 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

I'm mind blown at all the soothsayers we have on these forums. I must of missed the memo of having psychic powers that allow me to see the future in which all 3rd party titles are bad ports of existing games.
Posted Image

#12 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:51 PM

.........................Wut. Really? A small graphical leap? Then it doesn't even matter, they're wrong.

#13 xBASSxMONSTAx

xBASSxMONSTAx

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Nintendo Legends

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:52 PM

It's all bull crap. Even if it was true Nintendo make there own games which are the best and the only reason I bought the wii-U
http://a.yfrog.com/i...0/426/mu6fj.png

Edited by xBASSxMONSTAx, 19 December 2012 - 02:53 PM.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Don't tell me you believe everything you read and hear especially in forums with a link to back up its an official statement. To me you sond like you're paranoid on the subject. No one knows how the support for the Wii U will be when Sony and Microsoft's new consoles are released.

#15 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:31 PM

Your wrong, there I'd said it.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#16 SDDMN

SDDMN

Boo

• Members
  • 518 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Golden Sun, Zelda

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:47 PM

Just because someone says what they believe will happen in the future doesn't mean it will happen.

Heck, for all we know, by the time the next Sony and Microsoft consoles come out, the Wii U will have sold close to 10 million systems.

SmashBros_zps4a8520f2.png

#17 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:36 PM

It honestly wouldn't suprise me, developers are getting lazy, we are probably getting to the point where we do actually need another gaming industry crash litterally just to wake people up.

#18 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:39 PM

Posted Image

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#19 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:20 PM

I heard somewhere that the ps4 and xbox 720 only need a small graphical leap in order to cause third-parties to abandon the Wii U?

Sounds like something that Idiot Michael Pachter would believe.Third parties made plenty games for the Wii even though the graphics weren't perfect.Besides Its actually harder to make more realistc games.I debunked your question right there!

It honestly wouldn't suprise me, developers are getting lazy, we are probably getting to the point where we do actually need another gaming industry crash litterally just to wake people up.

I agree people need to wake up but wishing death on the industry is kind of harsh.

Signature_DK.png

#20 MorbidGod

MorbidGod

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,717 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

They can be less powerful than tje wii u and devs will still find excuses.

They dont like competing with nintendo games.

Amen!
Whovian12 -- Nintendo Network ID.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!