Photo

Wii U Pro Controller disapointment, needs a fix!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#41 CoffeeBuzz

CoffeeBuzz

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:08 PM

If the Gamepad was optional that would defeat most of the purpose of the Wii U being original. Sorry but I disagree with your opinion.

I wasnt speaking of the tablet controller in any of my post. Just wiimotes and the pro controller

#42 Binky_1221

Binky_1221

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 05:04 AM

Im hoping that the reason behind this is that the exclusive launch titles just got too focused with the new hardware and brainlessly made their games gamepad specific. I believe NSMBU was a rush job to get a Mario game out at launch, its basically an HD mod from SMB wii. Its the only reason I can see for it not supporting the new controller.

#43 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

Im hoping that the reason behind this is that the exclusive launch titles just got too focused with the new hardware and brainlessly made their games gamepad specific. I believe NSMBU was a rush job to get a Mario game out at launch, its basically an HD mod from SMB wii. Its the only reason I can see for it not supporting the new controller.

They're too lazy to map buttons for a new controller in their flagship title for their new flagship console... what kind of opinion should that give people? I should have waited to get a Wii U, I was under the impression since it was a Nintendo console it was going to be well thought out.
Posted Image

#44 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 07:44 AM

They're too lazy to map buttons for a new controller in their flagship title for their new flagship console... what kind of opinion should that give people? I should have waited to get a Wii U, I was under the impression since it was a Nintendo console it was going to be well thought out.

That is the main problem that I have with the situation. Is it really a huge deal for me that I have to use the Wiimote for Mario MP.......no but it does send a very bad message to consumers and third party devs that Nintendo did not think this through before releasing their console.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#45 Jeremygts

Jeremygts

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 02:55 PM

Alot of whining going on here... I assume most people who complain about using a Wiimote to play Mario havent owned or played a NES then? I bet the next 3D Mario game will use the Pro controller. I understand the option should be there, i get that. But no big deal to me because I have Wiimotes and knew not to get rid of my wiimotes!!!!

So no one read up on Wii U before launch? No one knew that it was going to also use the Wiimotes? IF you did know this then why sell your wiimotes? Thats your fault and not Nintendos fault. Everytime i get on this board theres someone else crying about something stupid...

#46 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 21 December 2012 - 08:24 PM

Wiimotes are like $20 now. Pro Controllers are closer to $50.

What was the logic train here again?

The Wii remotes are $40. They fazed out the older models and you can only get the Wii remote plus. And it wouldn't be wise to buy the older ones because many new games won't support them.

#47 galaga_z

galaga_z

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Anything Mario, Yoshi, Jesus

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:22 AM

I disagree! I love my pro contoller...next time, do yourself a favor and look at the back of the game case your trying to buy. It will tell you if the game is compatiable with the pro controller. Your fault for buying games that aren't compatiable with it. In the meantime, I'll be enjoying my pro controller compatiable games:)

It's not a disappointment, and it doesn't need a fix...

Yoshi_signature_by_LiftedWing.png

#48 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 05:23 PM

Alot of whining going on here... I assume most people who complain about using a Wiimote to play Mario havent owned or played a NES then?

I grew up on the nes as my first console. But I just don't care for using a sideways Wii remote to play Mario. I would much prefer there pro controller. The Wii remote never felt comfortable to me. I actually prefer the actual squared edge nes controller. Don't ask why but I just never feel comfortable with a Wii remote but we all have our opinions. I think we all are more upset that we know it can't take hardly any work to make a game compatible with the remote but decided no to. This makes us feel like it has just been provided to make third party devs happy and that Nintendo still doesn't care about what we want.

#49 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:28 PM

They didn't get "too focused" with the new hardware, because the new hardware was the focus. And the reason why SMB doesn't support the Pro Controller is because they want the focus to be on, you guessed it, the new hardware.

I still can't get over the fact that you were complaining that Nintendoland didn't take advantage of the Pro Controller, and then when you were called on it, you made no further mention of it.

Nintendo made a new console with a new way of controlling it; the Wii U Gamepad. Gee, and I wonder why their first few games were Gamepad specific. Could it be that they want to show off what it can do? No, that can't be it. :wacko:

#50 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

They didn't get "too focused" with the new hardware, because the new hardware was the focus. And the reason why SMB doesn't support the Pro Controller is because they want the focus to be on, you guessed it, the new hardware.

I still can't get over the fact that you were complaining that Nintendoland didn't take advantage of the Pro Controller, and then when you were called on it, you made no further mention of it.

Nintendo made a new console with a new way of controlling it; the Wii U Gamepad. Gee, and I wonder why their first few games were Gamepad specific. Could it be that they want to show off what it can do? No, that can't be it. :wacko:

I agree on the Nintendo land statement. But nit the NSMBU statement. Impressed you are playing multiplayer the single really makes no user of there gamepad that would keep it from working g seamlessly with a pro controller

#51 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 22 December 2012 - 07:37 PM

Just buy the interworks pro-controller, plus its cheaper!

Holy crap, this flew way under my radar! Just checked the review and this is the type of controller i was looking for! Thanks a lot for mentioning it.

#52 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:42 PM

id be much more worried about wiimote support than procontroler support. the gamepad is a pro controler but wider, its also surpising confortable. but the surprising part didnt get through to most people.

#53 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 24 December 2012 - 12:23 PM

I don't see the pro controller as a main controller. I see it as the Wii U version of it's predecessor, the Wii pro controller. An unnecessary add-on for the derps gamers who can't stand don't like using something different from other "standard" controllers.

I personally don't think I'll even get a pro controller, as I doubt any big Nintendo games will require it, or be based off it. Anything you can do with the pro controller, you can do with the gamepad, and more.

But yeah, that's just my opinion. Fire away with your arguments against it!

EDIT: Looking back on it, that was a bit harsh. :3

Edited by MatrixChicken, 24 December 2012 - 03:54 PM.

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#54 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:58 PM

I don't see the pro controller as a main controller. I see it as the Wii U version of it's predecessor, the Wii pro controller. An unnecessary add-on for the derps who can't stand using something different from other "standard" controllers.
I personally don't think I'll even get a pro controller, as I doubt any big Nintendo games will require it, or be based off it. Anything you can do with the pro controller, you can do with the gamepad, and more.

Rather then insulting other people who don't agree with you maybe you should consider the fact not everyone thinks or feels the same way as you on this issue. So you're happy with the Gamepad. Good for you. I'm fine with it but I would prefer the pro controller is used or at least made optional for those games that would benefit from it. The Gamepad is far from ideal as a controller as its big, cumbersome and bulky. .

Holy crap, this flew way under my radar! Just checked the review and this is the type of controller i was looking for! Thanks a lot for mentioning it.

Compatibility is one thing but quality and durability is another.

#55 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:39 PM

I don't see the pro controller as a main controller. I see it as the Wii U version of it's predecessor, the Wii pro controller. An unnecessary add-on for the derps gamers who can't stand don't like using something different from other "standard" controllers.

I agree.
That's why they called it "pro". For the people who have to call themselves "pro gamers".

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#56 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:23 AM

I agree.
That's why they called it "pro". For the people who have to call themselves "pro gamers".

It's got nothing to do with that. At the end of the day its a quality controller and some games will certainly work better with it. The Gamepad has a lot left to be desired and is hardly a well designed or comfortable controller. It's only saving grace is being able to play some games directly on it.

Edited by Gamejunkie, 25 December 2012 - 08:25 AM.

#57 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:55 AM

It's got nothing to do with that. At the end of the day its a quality controller and some games will certainly work better with it. The Gamepad has a lot left to be desired and is hardly a well designed or comfortable controller. It's only saving grace is being able to play some games directly on it.

Desired like what?
Battery life is the only negative to the upad.
It fits so well in my hands, the screen is beautiful and can't be done on a "pro controller", it has a mic and speakers...
What does you means or is you just a pro hardcore cool guy gamer bro who lifts?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!