Photo

Wii U Pro Controller disapointment, needs a fix!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#21 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:03 AM

If SMBU can't utilize (but it can) the pro controller, I don't have high hopes for the Wii VC games AND future Wii U games like paper mario, donkey kong, etc... I hope Nintendo is aware of this and is willing to fix it for the gamers that care.

I doubt it will seriously hurt the Wii U's sells as much as it will hurt the pro controllers sales.

Signature_DK.png

#22 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:10 AM

This thread fails in so many ways.
The prp controller is an add on. And its also not nintendo fault its up to each game dev.
Like zombiu there is no way to use the pro controller, but assassin creed you can easily do it.
Mairo i understand why they didnt. Its because it would throw people off. The wii mote is much simpler to use.

I'm just saying that Nintendo should have set an example for the third party devs by offering an alternative control scheme in Mario that utilizes their own add-on peripheral. Mario requires a direction pad and two buttons. The only add on would have to be for the actions that usually involve shaking the Wiimote. This is a new console and a new experience so why am I forced to use Wii controllers for any of the new games?

If SMBU can't utilize (but it can) the pro controller, I don't have high hopes for the Wii VC games AND future Wii U games like paper mario, donkey kong, etc... I hope Nintendo is aware of this and is willing to fix it for the gamers that care.

Or at least give us the option to use either. Backwards compatibility is supposed to be a luxury, not a requirement.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#23 CoffeeBuzz

CoffeeBuzz

Goomba

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hm,

I agree a little, there are logical choices for pro controller, super mario bros u was one of them and who knows why its not supported but, games that have a focus on motion control cant be expected to support non motion based periphials. ( like nintendoland )

I think the person complaining that they had to keep wii motes has nintendos intentions backward. If they plan on using similar controls on WII U (and duh, they did) it was very thoughfull to allow the old wii motes to work on it. Those who upgrade from Wii to Wii-U arent forced to buy mutiple controllers again. They could have spent some cash making a pro type controller that could double as a pointing device but perhaps they thought it would have looked to weird or somthing, however I dont think theres anything stopping third party controller developers from making such a controller.

At the end of the day, I think its going to be a pain to have so many different control options for one console. Even though they are all great in their own way. I like my WII U, I dont have the pro controller yet, and dont plan to buy one until they price is lower or third party models are cheaper.

My ematic wii motes with motion plus have to be resynced/paired each and every time I change from whe wii u menu to a game, or from a game to the menu.. Now THAT sucks. Nintendo told me they dont support third party controllers when I emailed them asking for any advice for the problem. So again wii motes cost a ton if you want official nintendo models and nunchucks.

#24 Binky_1221

Binky_1221

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:15 AM

Its obvious Nintendo wants the gamepad to be the focus to play games differently. But if they want dev's to make it a requirment for most exclusive titles, then I have a problem with that.
IMO, the gamepad should be the peripheral for optional/additional gameplay features.

#25 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:18 AM

Its obvious Nintendo wants the gamepad to be the focus to play games differently. But if they want dev's to make it a requirment for most exclusive titles, then I have a problem with that.
IMO, the gamepad should be the peripheral for optional/additional gameplay features.

If the Gamepad was optional that would defeat most of the purpose of the Wii U being original. Sorry but I disagree with your opinion.

Signature_DK.png

#26 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:24 AM

I think the person complaining that they had to keep wii motes has nintendos intentions backward. If they plan on using similar controls on WII U (and duh, they did) it was very thoughfull to allow the old wii motes to work on it. Those who upgrade from Wii to Wii-U arent forced to buy mutiple controllers again.

Yeah I get that, and like I said above....backwards compatibility is something that is thoughtful, but it should not be a requirement. I should have the option to keep the Wiimotes or sell them off if I want and games like Mario should have an alternative control scheme that works with the pro controller. There is no other explanation besides sheer laziness, and I'll give you proof. Black Ops 2 is compatible with gamepad, Wiimote/nunchuk, pro controller, and classic controller. The third party developer gives you all of those alternatives, and Nintendo can't give me a Mario that is compatible with the pro controller. No excuses just laziness.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#27 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:26 AM

Just buy the interworks pro-controller, plus its cheaper!

2lvmghw.png

#28 Binky_1221

Binky_1221

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:27 AM

If the Gamepad was optional that would defeat most of the purpose of the Wii U being original. Sorry but I disagree with your opinion.

That makes sense, but you misunderstood me a little. If the pro controller was allowed to be used for games designed for the game pad, then you would be missing out on all the additional innovative ways to play that Nintendo is basically forcing upon us. It should be optional, not forced. I understand some games will require the game pad, but most of them don't/won't.

#29 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:31 AM

I never cared for third part controllers. They are too clicky for me.

That makes sense, but you misunderstood me a little. If the pro controller was allowed to be used for games designed for the game pad, then you would be missing out on all the additional innovative ways to play that Nintendo is basically forcing upon us. It should be optional, not forced. I understand some games will require the game pad, but most of them don't/won't.

Oh I understand now. I agree with you there.Good point.

Signature_DK.png

#30 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:37 AM

I'm just saying that Nintendo should have set an example for the third party devs by offering an alternative control scheme in Mario that utilizes their own add-on peripheral. Mario requires a direction pad and two buttons. The only add on would have to be for the actions that usually involve shaking the Wiimote. This is a new console and a new experience so why am I forced to use Wii controllers for any of the new games?
Or at least give us the option to use either. Backwards compatibility is supposed to be a luxury, not a requirement.

But most people that own a wii u already have a wii so controllers just swap over. Easier for the end user.
The pro controller for Mario as I said just confuses people. Using all wii motes keeps everyone the same. Probably the same reason they won't let you use the gamepad an d wiimote for multiplayer
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#31 Dark Link

Dark Link

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:39 AM

This thread fails in so many ways.
The prp controller is an add on. And its also not nintendo fault its up to each game dev.
Like zombiu there is no way to use the pro controller, but assassin creed you can easily do it.
Mairo i understand why they didnt. Its because it would throw people off. The wii mote is much simpler to use.

An option to use the Pro Controller wouldn't hurt though. If people get thrown off by the Pro Controller they can just use the Wii Mote and leave the Pro controller for those of us that prefer it.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-8971-0664

NNID: WirelessData

Currently playing: Animal Crossing New Leaf, Pokemon X, and Zelda Wind Waker HD

#32 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:44 AM

I never cared for third part controllers. They are too clicky for me.

Well this third party controller had one pretty good review so far..
You shouldn't prejudge a controller because its third party.

2lvmghw.png

#33 Binky_1221

Binky_1221

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:45 AM

Just checked it out, ill definitely be picking one up! I still find Nintendo stupid though. It's basically the same thing as the Pro Controller. The only thing missing is the wii mote sensor.

#34 9646gt

9646gt

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:56 AM

I honestly have to agree with the motion controls part. I mean even in new super mario on wii you had to shake the controller just to do a jump with the propeller power up. I prefer to just be pushing buttons. Touch controls on a phone and motions controls on a console are two things I personally do not care for. Motion controls on some type of games like wii sports is one thing. But I don;t think it should be pushed on you in every game. The first time I played mario kart on 3ds I was so happy to know I could boost of a jump without having to fling my handheld up into the air lol.

The gamepad is an awesome advancement but I hope they don't push it too much to where it gets in the way. And I agree that while there are a good bit of games that support the pro controller it's kind of odd that a game as simple as mario would not support it. Sometimes I don;t want the big tablet in my hands and I really despise playing mario on a wii mote. It just has never felt comfortable. I think alot of what the op is on about is that he is concerned the controller will not be supported by nintendo really. Like I said, I love the gamepad but sometimes I want to be lazy and kick back with a small controller that is anything but a wii mote lol

Well this third party controller had one pretty good review so far..
You shouldn't prejudge a controller because its third party.

Agree, I have bought some crappy 3rd party controllers in the past but if they don't work out I take them right back to the store :)

#35 Binky_1221

Binky_1221

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

well, at least a 3rd party controller will ACTUALLY WORK

#36 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:32 PM

Exactly. That was why the Wii got crapped on by third parties in the first place......they felt that Nintendo was forcing them to use Wiimotes and nunchuks. So now Nintendo does the smart thing and releases an Xbox 360 clone on launch day with their new console, but then the blow it by forcing you to use Wiimotes to play. Mario should have alternate control schemes for every single one of their peripherals, if for no other reason than to show that they consider the gamepad to be less of a gimmick and more of just an option or enhancement for third parties to use in development.

Wii U ID------BeMore

#37 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:41 PM

POPULAR

I love the pro controller and mine gets tons of use. If your not planning on playing games that use it...Why buy it? Also if you don't like using the gamepad.. Why own a Wii U?
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#38 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:06 PM

Silly rabbit, the pro controller is for 3rd party games. Since you don't like it please send it to me since I'm in need of one.

#39 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:56 PM

Ugh

I'm so tired of people on here complaining about the Wii U for the stupidest things. If you dont like it and/or think it is going to be a failure, please return/sell it so someone else can use it.
I don't think many people care that Mario doesnt use the Pro Controller. Like people have said, it is generally an option for 3rd parties to use.

#40 Rossco

Rossco

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 11:03 PM

100 agree.

Pro controller sitting here. Fully charged. Not worth a crap.

Was hoping ZombiU would support the Pro Con as it would have added an exra 'Holy Crap' am being attacked and I don't have control' to the game. Have the game pad next to me and use it when required. HE'LL even stick in a back pack and go full bar ZombiU. WHY NOT?

Was also hoping the Wii games & The other downloads would support this. I mean the old wired controller will work?

AND Wii Remotes here are 40 bucks and 20 for the Chuck.
A MAN WHO STANDS FOR NOTHING!

WILL FALL FOR EVERYTHING!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!