• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:39 AM

A lot of people say the skipped the wii after the game cube because of its controls and NO good games,
But for me I really love my wii :D in fact it was the wii that brought me back to gaming.

First my wii is a old one so I can play gamecube games.
second I think the wii has some great games Donky kong Country returns and punch out just to name a few

I have the homebrew on my wii for playing M.A.M.E SNES Genesis and ness C64 amiga , as well as using it for a divx player

and I can watch netflix and bbc player on it as well

So when I found out the Wii U is able to play Wii games I thought great :P

But its so slow in getting to the wii menu and because it has no game cube ports some wii games can not use the pad ?

So what I am saying is under my tv is a wii for all my gamecube, wii, emulations, divx player

and my wii u soley for wii u games

Edited by Adders, 23 December 2012 - 06:40 AM.

#2 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:47 AM

No good games? Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2 are rating the 1st and 3rd at the best games of all time according to Gamerankings( a website which calculates all of the reviews and totals them together for one giant list)

2lvmghw.png

#3 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:04 AM

If you like kiddie games I guess you liked the Wii. I myself are one of the ones that was really disappointed in the Wii. No mature games that appealed to me. I have less than 5 Wii games, my Wii was a dust collector. I am giving Nintendo one last chance but if the same thing happens with the Wii U I am jumping ship. I am already disappointed that we wont get Bioshock Infinite. :angry:
Posted Image

#4 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:18 AM

If you like kiddie games I guess you liked the Wii. I myself are one of the ones that was really disappointed in the Wii. No mature games that appealed to me. I have less than 5 Wii games, my Wii was a dust collector. I am giving Nintendo one last chance but if the same thing happens with the Wii U I am jumping ship. I am already disappointed that we wont get Bioshock Infinite. :angry:

No Mature Games??!?! ManHunt 2 ring a bell? I mean come on you use the nunchuck and wiimote to hold a plastic bag on someones face and slash a dudes throat with a knife. There was an over abundance of kiddie games basically a 1 out of 15 ratio.

which sucked

#5 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

No Mature Games??!?! ManHunt 2 ring a bell? I mean come on you use the nunchuck and wiimote to hold a plastic bag on someones face and slash a dudes throat with a knife. There was an over abundance of kiddie games basically a 1 out of 15 ratio.

Manhunt 2 is just one game. Where the others? There are less than 5 games in all the Wii's history that appeal to me. Mario games don't appeal to me, all those shovelware crap games the Wii got don't appeal to me.
Posted Image

#6 Falconberg

Falconberg

Spiny

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

I think what you mean, rather than "kiddie" games is mainstream mature games. Wii had some of the goriest games this generation. Mad World, Dead Space Extraction, etc. What it lacked was GTA, Red dead redemption, fall out type games. The ones that were blowing everyone away on the other consoles.
I love those games, but the Wii offered something very different than the others. I actually preferred the wii experience, but I think most were wanting a more sooped up traditional gaming experience.

Edited by Falconberg, 23 December 2012 - 07:22 AM.

-falconberg (Nintendo Network ID)

#7 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:29 AM

I think what you mean, rather than "kiddie" games is mainstream mature games. Wii had some of the goriest games this generation. Mad World, Dead Space Extraction, etc. What it lacked was GTA, Red dead redemption, fall out type games. The ones that were blowing everyone away on the other consoles.
I love those games, but the Wii offered something very different than the others. I actually preferred the wii experience, but I think most were wanting a more sooped up traditional gaming experience.

Everyone of us as different tastes in games and I respect your opinion and so should you respect mine. While you may have been happy with the Wii, I wasn't. I been gaming for over 20 years and the Wii was a big disappointment for me. There simply weren't any good games that appealed to me on the Wii. That just the way it was for me. I wanted to buy games for the Wii but there was simply nothing that appealed to me. That is the way i felt, you saying what your opinion is isn't going to change the way I felt.
Posted Image

#8 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:33 AM

Manhunt 2 is just one game. Where the others? There are less than 5 games in all the Wii's history that appeal to me. Mario games don't appeal to me, all those shovelware crap games the Wii got don't appeal to me.

Zelda
COD personal view not as good as i wanted...
Cold Mountain Poopfactor 7
Silent Hill Poopfactor 4-8
The Grudge Ju-On (warning makes your insides blow out from fear) Poopfactor 9
No more heros 1
No more heros 2
Madworld (if you havent played this. do it, superb game)

Poopfactor Scare Scale 1 meh - 10 diarrhea

Edited by Zonark, 23 December 2012 - 07:35 AM.

#9 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:35 AM

Zelda
Cold Mountain
Silent Hill
The Grudge Ju-On (warning makes your insides blow out from fear)
No more heros 1
No more heros 2

Zelda
Cold Mountain
Silent Hill
The Grudge Ju-On (warning makes your insides blow out from fear)
No more heros 1
No more heros 2

I did play Madworld, I did play Silent Hill. They were ok games. But there really wasn't that much more. I did play Cold Mountain too, but the controls were terrible.
Posted Image

#10 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:45 AM

Fallout on the wii u would be amazing using the pad as the pitboy hell yeah beautiful game changer

I did play Madworld, I did play Silent Hill. They were ok games. But there really wasn't that much more. I did play Cold Mountain too, but the controls were terrible.

Honestly though, gamings not just about m rated games. I personally dont know what genre your into in terms of games but i promise you once you find that space the wii has a lot of games to offer in those areas. I bought the wii on release day and have been though alot with it. but i have to say that the wii out of all consoles brought a lot of fun times. From drunken mario kart to the intense skyward sword story line I have found great use of the wii, not only in events with only myself playing but to strait up having a fun time with friends. My Xbox nor PS3 has never given me as much fun with my friends.

#11 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:53 AM

Fallout on the wii u would be amazing using the pad as the pitboy hell yeah beautiful game changer

Honestly though, gamings not just about m rated games. I personally dont know what genre your into in terms of games but i promise you once you find that space the wii has a lot of games to offer in those areas. I bought the wii on release day and have been though alot with it. but i have to say that the wii out of all consoles brought a lot of fun times. From drunken mario kart to the intense skyward sword story line I have found great use of the wii, not only in events with only myself playing but to strait up having a fun time with friends. My Xbox nor PS3 has never given me as much fun with my friends.

I liked games like Goldeneye on the N64, Perfect Dark was amazing, on the Gamecube I liked Rogue Squadron, the Timesplitters games, I loved Timesplitters 2, the Tony Hawk games back then were good too. I liked the Resident Evil games for the gamecube, Resident evil 4 being my fav. Wave Race, all the Metroid games for the gamecube, I really liked those.

I like Zombi U for the Wii U. I beat it on survivor mode already. I was looking forward to Metro Last Light and Bioshock Infinite on the Wii U (those games do appeal to me a lot), but apparently we wont get any of those. I am looking forward to Aliens Colonial Marines, hope it will be good. Looking forward to a Metroid game on the Wii U too, I think the gamepad will work great with a game like Metroid.

Edited by Shogo, 23 December 2012 - 07:57 AM.

Posted Image

#12 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 07:58 AM

as its been said there are mature game for the wii and if they did not appeal to you then thats fine I do respect you honest opinion.

Lets hope wii u gets the games that you want as well, I do think that if the wii U has exactly the same games on it as xbox 7?? and pS ?? then most poeple might not see why they should get a wii u at the same time they dont want to miss out on games ?
but for me my brain has been brain washed for the big N now so I am looking forward to what ever nintendo do :D

buy the way I want to thank every one for commenting on my post

Edited by Adders, 23 December 2012 - 08:00 AM.

#13 Shogo

Shogo

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:06 AM

as its been said there are mature game for the wii and if they did not appeal to you then thats fine I do respect you honest opinion.

Lets hope wii u gets the games that you want as well, I do think that if the wii U has exactly the same games on it as xbox 7?? and pS ?? then most poeple might not see why they should get a wii u at the same time they dont want to miss out on games ?
but for me my brain has been brain washed for the big N now so I am looking forward to what ever nintendo do :D

buy the way I want to thank every one for commenting on my post

Your welcome lol. I am hoping the Wii U does get good 3rd party support. I hope the Wii U will be a success, time will tell...I am hopeful lol.
Posted Image

#14 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:13 AM

On the topic of the Wii U's backwards compatibility, we can at least say it's better than the PS3 and PS2 situation. :P
Posted Image

#15 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:27 AM

My Wii also became a dust collector, only because at the time, I didn't know how to manage 2 consoles at once, so while I ended up getting 60 games for the 360... my Wii only had about 11.

This time around I have pledged to make it different.

#16 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:43 AM

Didnt even read the thread just the title. And all i have to say is be gald you can play wii gamds on the wii u.
The ps3 cant play ps2, and ps4 wont be able to play ps3. And some x360 cant pla old xbox games.
Hell some wiis cant play gamecube games.
The makers let you play your old games just as a treat. They truly dont have to let you tho.
Also wii games on a wii u upscaled looks really back compared to the wii running its 480p.

But that is just my 2cent.

And one more the ds cant play gba games. (only the fat ds could).
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#17 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

At least it has backward computability at all.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#18 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

In terms of backwards compatibility nintendo was the first to do it and is by far the greatest at it

#19 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

These so called "m rated hardcore shooters" really clouded the heads of this generations gamers. Seeing the walking dead and journey winning game of the years hopefully will start tuning this mentality around

#20 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:53 AM

These so called "m rated hardcore shooters" really clouded the heads of this generations gamers.

I play first person shooters because of the replay value that single player games just can't give you, even if the campaign is great. Now, this isn't to say that I don't enjoy games where the single player is the main focus, as I quite enjoyed Portal 2, and other games like that. I just really enjoy multiplayer games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!