Photo

Anyone agree Wii U has the best controllers ever?

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:12 AM

I really think they are much more comfortable, more responsive, have better sticks/buttons/D-Pad than Microsoft's controller. Some people (mostly butthurt 360 owners) will say the GamePad screen is a gimmick LOL butthurt much? A gimmick is something tagged onto a device later on that wasn't there in the first place i.e Kinect.

Having gotten to grips with what the Gamepad can offer I am really impressed, it adds so many cool features and the possibilities are endless. Yes I agree with what most think, that entire games should have an option to be played on the GamePad screen as standard. Having 2 player local co-op where one player uses the TV the other uses the GamePad screen is something I'd like to see more of too i.e Black Ops 2.

Then there is the Pro Controller, similar to the Dualshock and 360 pad but I own all consoles and the Pro Controller is a lot more comfortable and having 2 analogue sticks above is very natural. The sticks are not too stiff or loose, they are perfect and having played a good 20 hours or so with it I would say it's the second best controller ever made (GamePad number 1). Negatives would be digital triggers but I don't play racing games so is it required? Not really.

Compared to the 360 controller, the Wii U GamePad and Pro Controller blow it out of the water in every way in my opinion.

These are just my thoughts, what do you guys think?

#2 Adders

Adders

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:26 AM

POPULAR

Yes love the game pad , Just wish the battery last longer :unsure:

#3 Binky_1221

Binky_1221

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

The Pro Controller feels soooo nice I can't get over it lol. Unfortunately, its not compatible with any of my games so I have yet to use it. :(.
The thumbstick are great, the arch or hump w/e u call it, it's waaaaay better than xbox's concaved thumbsticks and squeaky triggers.
Ps3 was my favorite, now the wii u pro controller feels the best. Xbox's is overrated, the thumbsticks on that are way too stiff, buttons stick to easily.... blah, i bought the Halo 4 xbox edition that came with 2 controllers, and they're both in bad shape... Had a ps3 controller for years and its still great.
Wii u pro controller > Ps3 Controller > Xbox controller IMO
Gamepad feels good too :P

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:37 AM

Yea the gamepad is great in the hands.
Played cod for a while then switch to bf3 on the ps3 and it was like damn this ps controller feels small.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 23 December 2012 - 08:41 AM

the way my finger rests on the trigger make it the most comfortable controller.(the gamepad)

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#6 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:07 AM

yep love the gamepad,very comfy even though it dosnt look it

#7 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:13 AM

Gamepad wise it is comfortable for the most part. Yet I wish the grip for the hands on the back was possibly a bit wider. (Hand cramps sometimes due to it. Don't know maybe the way I hold it with my fingers).

Ps3 was my favorite.
Xbox's is overrated, the thumbsticks on that are way too stiff.

PS3 does have some pretty nice loose sticks. Xbox joysticks are nice a bit stiff for some things. Really the only complaint I have on the Xbox side is getting a new controller. I freaking dislike those little sharp points they put on them digging into my skin. I would always open my new controllers up and change out joysticks for my old worn down controller I replaced. Then put the pointy ones for guest to wear down. ;P

Edited by UnholyVision, 23 December 2012 - 09:14 AM.

#8 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 23 December 2012 - 09:20 AM

My main hope with the gamepad is that it will be used correctly and bring in genres normally only possible with PCs.

#9 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:45 AM

AGREED

#10 ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Mother (Earthbound)

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:56 AM

I still miss the Gamecube controller. :(

Steam Profile: http://steamcommunit.../id/ThatGuy3333
3DS Friend Code: 0946-2437-3230
Wii U NNID: ThatGuy_33

e28pEYY.jpg

#11 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

they just need to last longer battery wise

wjapt2.jpg

#12 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:28 AM

I do love the Gamepads and think they are right their among my favorite with the SNES controller, but my all time favorite is still the Dreamcast controller!
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#13 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:49 AM

Gamepad has been surprisingly awesome so far after playing games like ninja gaiden an mass effect 3 with it. that new contoller pro u also looks good and should fix a lot I issues some people have. One good review for it so far and I can't wait to get my hands on it

Edited by Varg, 23 December 2012 - 11:49 AM.

#14 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:24 PM

I love the Wii U's controller with a passion but, nothing will top the GameCube's controller.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#15 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:28 PM

also love the controller.

#16 Tipzil

Tipzil

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 262 posts
  • Fandom:
    Link, Pokemon, Nintendo, Minecraft

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

The Pro Controller feels soooo nice I can't get over it lol. Unfortunately, its not compatible with any of my games so I have yet to use it. :(.
The thumbstick are great, the arch or hump w/e u call it, it's waaaaay better than xbox's concaved thumbsticks and squeaky triggers.
Ps3 was my favorite, now the wii u pro controller feels the best. Xbox's is overrated, the thumbsticks on that are way too stiff, buttons stick to easily.... blah, i bought the Halo 4 xbox edition that came with 2 controllers, and they're both in bad shape... Had a ps3 controller for years and its still great.

I LOVE the pro controller!
I use it for ACIII, it's amazing! :D
"I wombo, you wombo, he, she, me wombo, the study of womboligy, come on Spongebob, this is first grade!" ~ Patrick, Spongebob Squarepants

"Nah Nah Nah Man, you see, mah name is An'twan!" ~ Josh, Drake & Josh

#17 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 01:39 PM

Yeah nobody does controllers quite like Nintendo, I mean the way they made the silky smooth sticks, responsive flat faced buttons and a d-pad that you know will last forever. The ergonomics on Wii U's controller's are just perfect.

I think the 360's concave sticks are quite stiff too and not as accurate as the PS3 sticks.

The Wii U GamePad has everything the Pro Controller has (except USB charge) but with extra bells and whistles, also I like the thicker triggers on it too.

Edited by Forza Juventus, 23 December 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#18 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

I still miss the Gamecube controller. :(

The only controller with a nipple. :P

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#19 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:37 PM

Unfortunately not. On the GamePad, LZ and RZ buttons are quite awkward to reach. Perhaps I will get used to it eventually but so far I haven't really needed to use them much.

The Pro Controller on the other hand I hear good remarks about as its much closer the Xbox 360 ergonomics which I have always been quite happy with. However both Wii U controllers have a huge problem, no proper analog triggers.

I know some people are fed up with us complaining about it, but for some games they are absolutely essential. It works fine without for Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed as that kind of game is more a start/stop acceleration mechanic. However only yesterday I was playing Test Drive Unlimited 2 on PC and a key part of how you play the game is learning how to carefully accelerate your car without wheel spin. As the Wii U would have to completely drop that aspect from the game it would be taking away a key element of what makes the game fun to learn. It will be interesting to see how badly Need for Speed Most Wanted suffers for this very reason.

Some people argue you can use the right analog stick, but I disagree. For starters, accelerate and break are two seperate controls. Sometimes to do good drifts you do both simulaniously or at least in quicker succession than a single analog stick allows. But most of all, its just plain uncomfortable.

Its a shame, as I REALLY like the idea of having both analog sticks aligned and otherwise, the GamePad is really nice. I am still looking forward to the day someone hacks it for use on PC so we can find some more interesting uses for it. Even just as a wireless remote screen for the PC it would be hugely useful and very cheap. I myself bought an £80 Android tablet as a remote monitor for my CCTV and it struggles to stream the video feed. That is when you realise how good value the GamePad really is for what it can do.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 23 December 2012 - 02:45 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#20 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:42 PM

I'm so used to the gamepad. I recently played PS3 and the controller felt weird as hell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!