Photo

How is Black Ops 2 on the Wii U game pad?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 GOOBER

GOOBER

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:28 AM

Im undecided if I want to buy this game for the Wii U or for the PS3 as I have all the other COD's on PS3, do you's have any game play of online and campaign that you could show? What do you's recommend?

#2 Structures

Structures

LIL B's SiDEKiCK

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • NNID:Structures
  • Fandom:
    Gundam, Nintendo, Warcraft, Guild Wars

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:42 AM

its basically the same, the wii u looks a little better online and has killstreaks activated and gamepad and a full map, the max people online is like 1,500 though which kinda sucks since oyu can only play faa tdm domination and sometiems snd, after christmas though i think there will be alot more people online

636416_0.jpg
Youtube Twitch.tv I stream Wii U Gameplay and PC Games

#3 unleashedknight

unleashedknight

Bob-omb

• Banned
  • 273 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:44 AM

Wii U is the best one. The graphics are a tad better. The gamepad adds alot of cool elements, the pro controller feels good on BO2, and the online has less try-hards.

Wii U is the best one. The graphics are a tad better. The gamepad adds alot of cool elements, the pro controller feels good on BO2, and the online has less try-hards.

#4 angelo07stang

angelo07stang

Boo

• Members
  • 521 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, Metroid, mariokart

Posted 23 December 2012 - 12:27 PM

I like the pro controler for blops 2 mutiplayer but for single player I like the gamepad the buttons are just to far apart on the gamepad and Iam real competive and do way better online with the procntroller.
Posted Image

#5 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 02:53 PM

I had this one Wii U and the Gamepad didn't feel right with it. I like the gamepad, but not for this game. I ended up selling it, and I'll buy it when it's cheaper but probably for 360.

#6 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 23 December 2012 - 03:03 PM

I had it on the ps3 and traded it in for the wii u one.
the main reason is because i knew i would play it more on the gamepad on the wii u then i did on the ps3.
And i did. the game pad feels great and i can play the game and watch tv at the same time lol.

Other then that i got bf3 and all the other good fps on the ps3.

So yea if your thinking about it i would get it on the wii u.

you can add me if you like info in sign.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#7 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 23 December 2012 - 11:18 PM

The community is growing.

#8 Chloe

Chloe

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Toadette, Kirby, Luma, Super Mario 64.

Posted 24 December 2012 - 01:04 AM

If you can play with DA, then you'll have a blast with the gamepad.

Though I have found it difficult to use, so I mostly play with my Wiimote & nunchuk while using the gamepad for a mini map. :)

✶  ✶  ✶   ✶  ✶ 
♥ NNID: Blushes

#9 mjjferreira

mjjferreira

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 02:25 AM

Since i have played FPS in the wii i cannot play it without the Wiimote + Nunchuck. This combination rocks.
I am buying the Black Ops II to the Wii U to play it the same way! :D

#10 chamot07

chamot07

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • Fandom:
    Madden, FIFA

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:10 AM

It's exactly the same as playing on the TV screen, only con is the screen size is sometimes hard to pick out opponents and also depending on how far away you are from the Wii U console, the connection can be very poor.

#11 scotty79

scotty79

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 295 posts
  • Fandom:
    bf3,cod and timesplitters 2!

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:49 AM

Had 360 version now wii u on gamepad all the time,you get used to it took me a day or two.To be honest playing on the gamepad while the missus n kids hog the tv =pure win oh n merry xmas
Posted Image

#12 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 December 2012 - 03:06 AM

I think the really cool thing about displaying games on the game pad is that they have their own feel, not necessarily better or worse, but totally exceeding expectations. It kind of gives games a fresh lift, and it may just be because it's the tablet screen as opposed to a HDTV.

At first I did enjoy tapping the killstreaks but now I just do it with buttons. just quicker I guess. After a while the on screen controls do feel like a gimmick, but playing the game off the gamepad really kinda feels like a blessing.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#13 CNR

CNR

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:01 AM

Playing on the gamepad is comfortable but your gonna have somewhat of a hard time using your trigger finger on it which was my problem for it. I prefer using the pro controller because it's alot easier for me to fire faster with the back buttons being more outside compared to the gamepads.
Posted Image

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:34 AM

I use wiimote+nunchuck, but i did try the gamepad, and if i hadnt moved on from da it would definately be my controller of choice for competitive multi. The response time is lightning fast, faster than any tv ive played it on. Its actually REALLY noticable.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 KarlMarx1818

KarlMarx1818

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 11:48 AM

Playing Blops2 for the first time today, I'd been used to the Wiimote + Nunchuck for FPS and wasn't sure whether i'd like going back to a standard controller.

Really enjoyed using the Wii U gamepad. Very comfortable and using the screen to play on when the telly was occupied was Brilliant.

#16 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:01 PM

im really thinking about selling my copy of nintendoland when it arrives and picking this up just for the second screen function already have it on 360 though.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#17 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 12:37 PM

im really thinking about selling my copy of nintendoland when it arrives and picking this up just for the second screen function already have it on 360 though.

I've had similar thoughts about nintendoland...

#18 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

and i havnt even got it yet but it looks like shovelware and im not interested in tech demo's tbh wonder how much ill get for it.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#19 Kokirii

Kokirii

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • NNID:sixty4bit
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda, Mario

Posted 25 December 2012 - 10:58 PM

I find the gamepad to be a bit cumbersome when playing Black Ops 2. Right now I'm using the original Wii's Classic Controller Pro and it works pretty well.

Games of The Moment

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!