Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:27 AM

This isn't my cup of tea. Even if this is true, I won't be buying this. Not much of a fan of The Walking Dead.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#22 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:29 AM

So you'd rather have an experience that drags itself on for no reason, pointlessly extending gameplay for no reason, than a short game that introduces new concepts every level, or has a deep or meaningful story?
That argument makes no sense to me. A long game that is long for the sake of being long is a meaningless game. A short game that sets out what it intends to do has the potential to be a masterpiece.

Nah man I'm talking about games like Far Cry 3 or AC 3 that have single player experiences of 40 hours because of all the fun things to do, areas to explore, and coinciding good stories. As far as Walking Dead goes....yeah it has a meaningful story but it doesn't really introduce any new concepts. For GoTY material I'd give the nod to a game like Fez over Walking Dead.
Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#23 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 26 December 2012 - 09:50 AM

I don't think it's fair to compare an FPS to a cell-shaded decision-adventure game.

It'll have a crossbow at least, living the e3 2012 dream.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#24 ZombiCarolyn

ZombiCarolyn

Boo

• Members
  • 536 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 02:18 PM

ZombiU > Walking Dead

#25 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 26 December 2012 - 06:27 PM

doubt source is liable. made claims to preorder smashbros and legand of zelda, also claims to have preorder for ghost recon online, with if ruffly 3/4th chance of comming to wiiU.

this sight is claiming preorders at exaggerated prices before they themselves accreatly know if they will get it.

#26 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 06:30 AM

I don't care what anyone says, THE MORE GAMES THE BETTER!!! Even if they are a little crappy.

#27 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:49 PM

Meh

#28 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 04:50 PM

I just dont get point and click games, it doesnt feel like youre playing a game it feels like its just a story experience with no real gameplay.

Then you don't understand what those games offer in terms of gameplay or interactive experience. It's all about the story, naration, characters, making the right choices and being immersed in the game world. It's also about puzzle solving.

Um, wouldn't Nintendo or Activision have said something about this game coming to the Wii U at some point, or am I wrong?

Not neccessarily. It may well be coming but they haven't announced it yet. It's not the first time a retailer has leaked the existence of a game by listing it early.

I don't get all the hype of the Telltale game. The story is fun, but people are hyping the game up to GoTY level along side games like Farcry 3 and Halo 4. Without multiplayer or any kind of real replay value I just cannot see that.

Since when does multiplayer or replay value be prerequisites of GoTY material. It doesn't. Tell Tale's Walking Dead game is one of the best point and click adventure games ever released and one of the best games released this year. It thoroughly deserves consideration for GoTY.

#29 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:23 AM

Since when does multiplayer or replay value be prerequisites of GoTY material. It doesn't. Tell Tale's Walking Dead game is one of the best point and click adventure games ever released and one of the best games released this year. It thoroughly deserves consideration for GoTY.

Let's put it this way. All 5 chapters of the Walking Dead will get you roughly 10-12 hours of gameplay. Imagine if all Halo 4 or BLOPS 2 came with was a 10-12 hour campaign and no multiplayer. Even if the campaign floored you there is no way you would consider it for GoTY because the whole package had lack of substance. Of course there are a couple other reasons why that game doesn't deserve GoTY. The game is far too easy, and I feel like all you do is look around for prompts of what to do next without ever really having to problem solve. The game is all story and practically no gameplay. If I want all story with no gameplay I'll read a book.

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 28 December 2012 - 07:43 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#30 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 02:56 AM

Let's put it this way. All 5 chapters of the Walking Dead will get you roughly 10-12 hours of gameplay. Imagine if all Halo 4 or BLOPS 2 came with was a 10-12 hour campaign and no multiplayer. Even if the campaign floored you there is no way you would consider it for GoTY because the whole package had lack of substance. Of course there are a couple other reasons why that game doesn't deserve GoTY. The game is far too easy, and I feel like all you do is look around for prompts of what to do next without ever really having to problem solve. The game is all story and practically no gameplay. If I want all story with no gameplay I'll read a book.

i understand where your coming from but the replay vaue is the decision making and the fact that you can steer the game so many different ways i have the walking dead game on pc and it is really good and i dont even like the classic point and click games.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#31 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 02 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct

March 29, 2013

http://en.wikipedia....rvival_Instinct

#32 PS3WIIIUfan

PS3WIIIUfan

Blooper

• Members
  • 188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Silent Hill,Socom,Mario,Zelda,GT

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:10 PM

Getting this game for Ps3, if Wii U had trophies would buy it for that!

Ps3 Ultra Slim 1tb
Ps Vita
Wii U 32gb/Zombiu/Black Ops 2
Nintendo Network ID:S.K_Kulczycky2k
Posted Image

#33 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

Getting this game for Ps3, if Wii U had trophies would buy it for that!

Haha, really?  Trophies is the deciding factor for you?  I never understood the need for them, it's probably just based on the way I play games.  I'm not a completionist, and some of these trophies are just another collectible that you can show off, meh.

#34 Death Stare Obama

Death Stare Obama

Spiny

• Members
  • 248 posts
  • Fandom:
    My balls

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

An awful FPS by activision so its obiously gonna be CoD walking dead edition, and there is no way that this will beat telltales game. Plus this game is double the price, four times the price if you got it in a steam sale, more expensive than the telltale game. WOOHOO!

eKsvghU.jpg

#35 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:08 AM

I kinda like the idea of this game, its more an avoid-em-up than a shoot-em-up, but will need a demo or good reviews for me to buy it coz by the previews I've read so far the game doesn't sound promising. Although it is zombies. And zombies are still cool.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#36 giggity3000

giggity3000

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 381 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 01:23 PM

I don't get all the hype of the Telltale game. The story is fun, but people are hyping the game up to GoTY level along side games like Farcry 3 and Halo 4. Without multiplayer or any kind of real replay value I just cannot see that.

Welcome to the great times we call Snes - n64

1367065580450s.jpg

#37 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

BobbyRiddle, on 28 Dec 2012 - 14:23, said:
If I want all story with no gameplay I'll read a book.

This.

#38 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 04 March 2013 - 12:32 AM

BobbyRiddle, on 28 Dec 2012 - 14:23, said:
If I want all story with no gameplay I'll read a book.

This.

Must not have liked Myst or Riven then.

#39 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:46 PM

I might actually pick this up, I'm enjoying ZombiU and I've watched some of the Walking Dead (waiting for series to end so I can buy all the seasons up and disappear for a week or two :P)

#40 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:53 AM

Must not have liked Myst or Riven then.

Never played

0 user(s) are reading this topic