Photo

How the Wii U will handle against the new Consoles?

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#1 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:15 PM

I have a doubt about how the Wii U will handle against the new consoles, in terms of power and stuff, the Wii is a Gamecube with overclock, and the other consoles have much more power. Do you think the new gen will be at the same level of difference? Personally , i think the Wii U is in a better condition than Wii at the time. I mean, this time the console is mostly new, with some advance compared with other consoles, at least in GPU and RAM size. The CPU is the part that is still more nebulous. Your thoughts please.

#2 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

they have a decent console it's up to the games to do the selling this gen i dont think the other two will be as far ahead as they were last gen but it could be interesting to see what they come out with all the same.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#3 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:02 PM

PS4 rumors mostly place it a little above wiiU. recent rumors sound like they are copping nintendo but also trying to beat them by just a little bit.

xbox720 rumors sound like maxed out fanboy rumors. claiming 8-16cores, half dedicated to kenect, which supposly can read details like clothing and project videos on walls. and still very high raw power.

the xbox stats are very likly faked. unreal engine 4 also wouldnt run on PS4/xbox720 actual specs. unreal engine 4 specs requirments were based on top of the line PC specs that some people expected from next gen consuls.

and do to RROD issues current xbox720 stats are likly fake.

currently unknown if microsoft uped xbox stats to play unreal engine 4. id still expect microsoft to run a powerful system, and itteration of connect to the basic featuers above, but not teh quality. but also to sell at the biggest loss of all 3 consuls. and to be a big letdown compared to fantasy stats some people came to expect.

steambox will probly have the highest quality system, but run games purly traditinaly.

all are expected to have teh buff GPU's but CPU's be noticably weaker than fanboys expected capabiliities.

#4 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:06 PM

im expecting the ps4/720 to be sporting quad cores in reality instead of the rediculous stuff as they really arnt usefull for gaming only high end multitasking which is pointless on a games machine.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#5 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:15 PM

These are interesting thoughts, if you know more things i think this could be a good debate.

Another question, how many times more powerful the hd twins are over Wii? Is that a correct way to measure? How many times do you think the new gen (including Wii U) will surpass the current gen? I don't know but i think it will be a more modest leap.

#6 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:38 PM

Most industry people who been interviewed about this said it won't be anywhere near the ps360 to Wii difference. The Wii U will do just fine. It was stated the ps4 is 2-3x more powerful and the 720 4-6x more. It will come down to game libraries. Not graphics for the next Gen.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#7 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:40 PM

id say a rough guess at 1.5 times more powerful at what ive seen so far the other two who knows probably twice.

Edited by taz546565, 28 December 2012 - 01:40 PM.

#8 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 28 December 2012 - 01:47 PM

I personally am hoping that the next gen offerings from microsony are a significant step up from the ps360, it needs to be really to keep people interested, coz despite what people may say when it comes to new systems we all love new shiny impressive looking graphics, stuff that makes us go OOH! AHH! and then rush out and buy them lol. im sure the wiiU will get stuff like that over the course of 2013, just not quite as spangly as the other next gens. it'll widdle over the current systems by a fair bit in 2013 i reckon, but by this time next year it'll face some stiff competition! i personally cant wait to see how it plays out!
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#9 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:02 PM

The X720 & PS4 will be more powerful than the Wii U that is a FACT, both Sony & Xbox will make sure of this, the question is what will the developers do with the power.

#10 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

The X720 & PS4 will be more powerful than the Wii U that is a FACT, both Sony & Xbox will make sure of this, the question is what will the developers do with the power.

For sure the 720 n ps4 will be more powerful they'd be mad not to be! and Devs will do what they always do with new powerful tech, make games that are bigger shinier spanglier faster...erm..stronger( eh? - the voice in my head) maybe not all that different gameplay wise from what we got now to begin with (depending on what sort of controllers etc the ps4 n 720 have of course) but a couple of years down the line they'll give us stuff that makes you go "oooh different".
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#11 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

and we can only hope but a new bloody game engine for cod pretty please.

#12 thunderspider

thunderspider

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:25 PM

My doubt is not about being more powerful or not, i think it's obvious it will be more, but i have the doubt about how much? Like this gen? like older gens?

Edited by thunderspider, 28 December 2012 - 02:28 PM.

#13 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

I highly doubt the gap in power will be enormous. The Wii U/720/PS4 will all be close in power.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#14 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 02:51 PM

There really is no point guessing as not only do we have NO concrete information about the new consoles, we don't even have concrete information about what the Wii U is really capable of.

With some developers saying its brilliant and others saying its CPU is weak, we just don't know.

The only thing we can pretty much guarantee is they WILL be more powerful than the Wii U. However unless the CPUs are really vastly superior to the Wii U, and developers find a use for all that power, there is no reason they cannot scale games down to work on Wii U with just downgraded graphics. Its highly unlikely it will be anything like as bad as the Wii situation.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#15 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

hmmm, well lets see here ; Good News for the wii U is its the first next gen system so it can gather up popularity which at least for a year after the other next gen consoles are launched will hopefully assure it games, afterwards depending on how the other consoles are its head start could be detrimental to the wii u health.

Really though it will come down to engine support.
The wiiU supports cryengine 3 so that one engine for the next gen checked off for the wii U.
Next is UE4 its really secretive at the moment so untill e3 we may not know if it is supported if the wii U want a healthy amount of third party games it should be in nintendo interest to make sure its supported.

Now I feel the WiiU is in a great postion for indies it supports the next gen version of unity not to mention the eshop is apparetly quite indie friendly.

Now notice out of my reason I listed specifically engines and not necessarily hardware the reason look at a pc game it has numerous setting to fiddle around with and many things you can disable including dynamic shadows and lighting not to mention numerous texture settings. In the same way I imagine developing a game as long as engine is supported the games can run.

#16 bornsupercharged

bornsupercharged

Blooper

• Members
  • 197 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Forza, Gears of War

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:28 PM

Get the next XBox if you want the best titles available for next generation, and use the Wii U for games released on all platforms until then / exclusives. It's saddening because I wanted to just be able to get the Wii U and not have to get the next XBox, but developers seem like they can't be bothered to port their games over to the Wii U. Will they continue with that trend? Black Ops 2 did terrible on the Wii U compared to the 360 sales. If it costs them more to port it/produce it for the Wii U than they'll make back in sales profits, why should they bother? Gaming industry is TIGHT right now, especially with mobile - they are looking to make the most profit possible and their bottom line is truly all that matters.

I just feel underwhelmed with what Nintendo has brought to the table, while I think Microsoft will bring their A game and clean shop. Then again, I thought Nintendo was bringing their A game as well. Maybe this will be the last "generation" of consoles as we know them. Sad times for being a gamer.
Posted Image

#17 DannyDirnt

DannyDirnt

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokémon, Mario, Rayman and Green Day

Posted 28 December 2012 - 03:57 PM

I have no idea, but I hope they aren't that far ahead. I mean, I had a Wii and it's not nice seeing it be the least powerful console in the gen by far and it getting bashed constantly by Sony and Microsoft fans...

#18 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 December 2012 - 06:30 PM

I read somewhere that graphics can't go beyond 1080p, and that next generation consoles will have bigger games with better framerate, and crisper, but we'll never have another n64-gamecube or Xbox-Xbox360

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:21 PM

Get the next XBox if you want the best titles available for next generation, and use the Wii U for games released on all platforms until then / exclusives. It's saddening because I wanted to just be able to get the Wii U and not have to get the next XBox, but developers seem like they can't be bothered to port their games over to the Wii U. Will they continue with that trend? Black Ops 2 did terrible on the Wii U compared to the 360 sales. If it costs them more to port it/produce it for the Wii U than they'll make back in sales profits, why should they bother? Gaming industry is TIGHT right now, especially with mobile - they are looking to make the most profit possible and their bottom line is truly all that matters.

I just feel underwhelmed with what Nintendo has brought to the table, while I think Microsoft will bring their A game and clean shop. Then again, I thought Nintendo was bringing their A game as well. Maybe this will be the last "generation" of consoles as we know them. Sad times for being a gamer.

NEVER use launch titles to predict a consoles success. Xbox 360 launch titles didn't sell as well as the games they were ported from.

And we know nothing about the 720. How could you possibly know that will have the best games?

#20 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

ill be stearing clear of the 720 and getting a ps4 to go alongside my wii u,the only good exclusives on 360 are gears of war and halo,rest are poo imo, i HATE connect(or however you spell it lol) and rumors are the 720 will focus heavily on it...i dont want excersize when im playing games! i want to relax!

Both will have more power than the wii u though and i expect we will see more on the screen with flashyer graphics than the wii u

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!