Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 02 January 2013 - 09:33 AM

Here's my list with 'easy' fixes, (I am no programmer but these seem not hardware bound to me)

- Standby-button for Gamepad (if I play MarioBrosU Solo with Wiimote, I don't need the second screen)
- Brightness setting for Gamepad (for better batterylife of the Pad)
- Download and Install...why...why? Why do you need to download and then install a demo...that's strange. Just do it in one fix pls
- Miiverse: Make it more like a forum (at least 1 layer more dept)...the Miiverse is soooo shallow
- Folders in the OS....hey, even teh 3ds interface has more options. There I can create folders to arrange my apps, like a demo-folder and so on. I really can only drag and drop the icons of the Wii U main interface...I'd like to do more
-
-

Please feel free to add other points. Maybe we can scratch some comments in future system updates and maybe we can just help each other with work arounds or other advice.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#2 Arkhandar

Arkhandar

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Kirby, DK

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:01 AM

POPULAR

There's already a 5 brightness settings for the GamePad, no need for more.
If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?

Posted Image

#3 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:22 AM

There's already a 5 brightness settings for the GamePad, no need for more.

Whut!? Where can I find those?

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#4 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:24 AM

Whut!? Where can I find those?

Press the home button, find GamePad settings.

#5 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:33 AM

thanks I found it!
but I ask you, why are those settings not also available at the settings/gamepad screen. dumb interaction design

#6 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:48 AM

i'd of thought there working more on stability issues first tbh quite a few game freezes going on for quite a lot of people.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#7 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

*cough*Black Ops 2 Home button functionality*cough*

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

#8 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:29 AM

yeah indeed, even mariobroswiiu froze on me :(

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 11:49 AM

- Download and Install...why...why? Why do you need to download and then install a demo...that's strange. Just do it in one fix pls
- Miiverse: Make it more like a forum (at least 1 layer more dept)...the Miiverse is soooo shallow

The rest I agree with.

They don't do download-install in one because it'd be dangerous probably.

What does more depth mean?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

The rest I agree with.
They don't do download-install in one because it'd be dangerous probably.
What does more depth mean?

If that's the case why is it that way on the Xbox and use to be that way on the PS3. As far as I'm aware there are no issues with the all in one download and install process on the Xbox nor was there on the PS3. I've had both since launch and never had problems. There is no valid reason for them to be separate processes.

#11 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:10 PM

If that's the case why is it that way on the Xbox and use to be that way on the PS3. As far as I'm aware there are no issues with the all in one download and install process on the Xbox nor was there on the PS3. I've had both since launch and never had problems. There is no valid reason for them to be separate processes.

There is if you're a company who is incredibly sensitive about piracy and drm being based on a one-system policy.
I have no doubt the way Nintendo handle installs involves some parts of the menu's memory addresses, because they like doing things weirdly.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#12 Colinx

Colinx

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,301 posts
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing & SeaWorld

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:23 PM

On-tv screen notifications for when I get notifications in the Miiverse, a favorited tv show comes on in 10/5 minutes and one for friends logging on.

2lvmghw.png

#13 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:54 PM

There is if you're a company who is incredibly sensitive about piracy and drm being based on a one-system policy.
I have no doubt the way Nintendo handle installs involves some parts of the menu's memory addresses, because they like doing things weirdly.

What's piracy and DRM got to do with it. That makes no sense what so ever. The plain fact is that its possible to offer a service where the download and installation is one process. Whether companies like Nintendo choose to provide this or not is anyone's guess but it has nothing to do with piracy or DRM especially on consoles.

#14 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:00 PM

What's piracy and DRM got to do with it. That makes no sense what so ever. The plain fact is that its possible to offer a service where the download and installation is one process. Whether companies like Nintendo choose to provide this or not is anyone's guess but it has nothing to do with piracy or DRM especially on consoles.

Nintendo go out of their way to do things weirdly.
Look at how things are signed on the Wii for proof of that.
I'm making the assumption that they continued to be weird, and so they have chosen to do something which could cause bricks, as we've seen in some cases with updates of the menu and bricking while still in the download phase.

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#15 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

Nintendo go out of their way to do things weirdly.
Look at how things are signed on the Wii for proof of that.
I'm making the assumption that they continued to be weird, and so they have chosen to do something which could cause bricks, as we've seen in some cases with updates of the menu and bricking while still in the download phase.

I don't disagree that Nintendo can be unorthodox regards a lot of their decisions but my point was they could have provided a one process download and install if they wanted to.

#16 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:03 PM

I don't disagree that Nintendo can be unorthodox regards a lot of their decisions but my point was they could have provided a one process download and install if they wanted to.

They can provide robots if they wanted to.
I ain't saying this is why it won't happen, I don't have the knowledge required to find out how they're handling installs, I'm just guessing that's why they do it "safely".

\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#17 Big Boss

Big Boss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,115 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

Increase load speeds. It's not too bad, but it could be much, much better.

#18 Folkloner

Folkloner

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 05:30 PM

- Move Virtual Console/Wiiware to Wii U eShop.
- Allow installation of disc games
- Download Management, Friend List added to the Home Menu
- Allow clickable links to be posted in Miiverse
- Allow Miiverse Users to 'Yeah' comments made beneath posts
- Add More colors and tools for drawing in Miiverse
- Give Miiverse users the ability to message multiple friends at once
- Allow timed posts in Miiverse so you can choose when a Post goes live.
- Better notification system for Miiverse/Download Management etc so I don't have to exit out of a game to see exactly what's happened.
- Ability to change how many slots are displayed on the first page of the home screen like on 3DS

#19 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:28 PM

*cough*Black Ops 2 Home button functionality*cough*

That's a problem for most games with online. Not just black ops 2. It's to keep you from freezing the game online since it would suspend it. What Nintendo needs to do is create a guide like what's used on Xbox 360.

Posted Image

#20 Expansion Pak

Expansion Pak

Enlightened Fanboy

• Members
  • 821 posts
  • NNID:Koopamann14
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon the Series: XY and PS4

Posted 02 January 2013 - 06:47 PM

That's a problem for most games with online. Not just black ops 2. It's to keep you from freezing the game online since it would suspend it. What Nintendo needs to do is create a guide like what's used on Xbox 360.

Oh I never thought about it like that. It would be better if they at least let you go to the Home menu when you are a lobby.

I shower you with coconut cream pies.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!