Photo

Leaving game discs in when console is off ?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

It says in the X360 instruction book that you should not turn off the X360 with a game disc or any disc inside the console, just wondering if anyone has any issues with leaving discs in their Wii U when turning it off ?

#2 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:28 PM

I don't see why that would be a problem.

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 06 January 2013 - 01:28 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#3 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:36 PM

It's either just a rule of thumb, where it doesn't really pose a problem but it's better to rule out potential damages, or it's disc damage caused in some way or form by gravity.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#4 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:38 PM

I don't like to but that's just me. The only thing I leave a disc in, is my blu ray player. Bt ah there cheap enough to replace if something happens.

And for the Xbox it's probably mainly do to how they scartch up disc.
If you bump an Xbox while its sping a disc your have a nice ring around it.
So maybe they said that so if the system is moved and turn on.

Either way as said I don't like to leave disc in systems while there off.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#5 BananaCheese

BananaCheese

Darknut Dominator

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • NNID:Awesomesocks
  • Fandom:
    Zelda and Animal Crossing

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:08 PM

Probably just a safety precaution. I myself always leave discs in any sort of machine that holds discs, but that's just me. I leave discs in my Wii U because it's out of my reach to bump on the couch and I don't usually move it anyways.

But yes, if you left a console off for a year with a disc inside of it, the disc would probably be damaged when you take it out.

Nintendo_Logo-600x200.png 

Nintendo Network ID: Awesomesocks | Nintendo 3DS Friend Code: 1032-1712-2862

PM me if you add me on any of the above.

#6 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

^^^ And how would it be damaged for no reason ? i had a disc in my wii for like a year and a half without playing it and it worked fine. Unless your throwing the console around there will be no issue.

Edited by cannonshane, 06 January 2013 - 02:21 PM.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

I always leave the discs in.

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 Varg

Varg

Spiny

• Members
  • 212 posts
  • Fandom:
    FInal Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Zelda

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

I leave it in and no problem so far

#9 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

I have never taken disc out of any console or player when not in use and never damaged anything , sounds stupid

#10 Sage

Sage

Chronicler

• Members
  • 752 posts
  • NNID:ViralLight
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda, Splatushi

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:18 PM

They say it can cause warping, but never in all my years of gaming has that actually ever happened.

#11 Blake

Blake

Lakitu

• Banned
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 03:46 PM

Leaving discs in will cause Reggie to come out of the back of the system, followed by fireworks of every color in the rainbow. Send it into Nintendo.

Edited by Blake, 06 January 2013 - 03:47 PM.

#12 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 06 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

I have never taken disc out of any console or player when not in use and never damaged anything , sounds stupid

Oh, so on this thread you don't want to sound like an ass, huh? Even though it's the same question!!!
Here, alan, I'll post what this guy said on my thread when I asked the same question.

jdub stl: "i have never in my life heard that from anywhere its a disc reader its meant to have a disc in it"

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 08:16 PM

Just for self gratification, I never leave discs in lmao :D

#14 UnholyVision

UnholyVision

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 09:44 PM

@OP: It really should cause no damage. Personally, I would say that the 360 manual likely says to not leave a disc in the tray for safety reasons in the situation of a system failure. If you can not power the device you are not going to be able to eject the disc. Which most disc drives today have a safety non-power eject hole where you stick a paper clip into a hole to release the drive. Considering that the faceplate of the 360 can be removed without breaking warranty it could be possible have this method on the drive without opening the actual console. (Not sure as I never really took a faceplate off)

Me, I keep discs in all my consoles, computers, et cetera with never really having an issue. Only had a issue on a PC LG drive. In that case I was buying a cheap dvd reader as I was making more of a work station build. One I did not need a fancy drive on, just something to install stuff with, such of my Linux distro of choice. Which as I mentioned above is what I fell back onto to remove a disc. As for better drives never had a single problem.

Edited by UnholyVision, 06 January 2013 - 09:46 PM.

#15 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:37 AM

ive left disks in all my consoles as far back as the ps1/mega cd and never had a problem :) xbox prob only say it as there console is sure to red ring withing a month and you will loose ya disk hahahahahaaaaaaa

#16 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 07 January 2013 - 03:14 AM

That warning only applies to the Xbox since when it is not reading the disc the system gets hungry and may decide to eat any discs that are present in the system. This is basic stuff guys.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#17 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

As far as I'm aware it doesn't do any harm. That said I never leave discs in consoles and always take them out when done with them and put them back in their cases. It's not because I'm paranoid about anything getting damaged just tht I like being neat and organised and everything back in its place. Plus you never know when you might accidentally put a disc in a drive that already has one in it.

#18 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 10:45 AM

i left a disc in last night & it seems ok, just that the little white light is on at the top of the console :)

i just wanted to know what others have done & if they have had any problems bit of a pity the Wii U doesn't have a eject button on the pad like the X360.

#19 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 04:24 PM

Oh, so on this thread you don't want to sound like an ass, huh? Even though it's the same question!!!
Here, alan, I'll post what this guy said on my thread when I asked the same question.

jdub stl: "i have never in my life heard that from anywhere its a disc reader its meant to have a disc in it"

wow apparently your still butt hurt that your question was retarted and you just took it as a ass answer, use common sense

#20 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:40 PM

wow apparently your still butt hurt that your question was retarted and you just took it as a ass answer, use common sense

Sorry, but if I was a silly pony I would not openly call someone an ass. But I didn't, so I am not a "silly pony". By the way, use correct grammar, retrasar.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!