#1 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

I know the console has just launched, but there doesnt seem to much on the horizon for the system, no announcements from 3rd parts devs apart from the fact they aint bothering with the wii u, like crysis, even battlefield series.

Call of duty has made it on the system, i wonder if that will continue?

It almost seems like when the 3DS arrived, the popularity seemed bad, then all of a sudden a price revision, they might do it with the Wii U?, we origional owners might get some free downloads?

Still I really am waiting for the zelda and mario kart+mario 3d game announcements

The lack of interest from 3rd party is really worrying, for me mainly how long the system will last, seems like the dreamcast flop, hurry up nintendo with the announcements!

The steambox and the nvidia's new Nvidia Shield is really looking fantastic now, truily unbeatable graphics due to being pc based, upgradable for future!, massive pc fan base already and huge game collections already available. i already have a great PC so i may get the nvidia shield, then i can play all multiplatform games in the best graphics ;)

I was hoping the Wii U was going to be more than just a mario and zelda thing :(

I will still keep the system just for zelda when it is released, kinda wish i waited now till zelda released, but hey ho

Edited by Skywalkman-GB, 08 January 2013 - 02:37 AM.

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#2 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 05:36 AM

It's been out for 2 MONTHS and we still have E3, patience people!

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 08 January 2013 - 06:48 AM

Your really over dramatizing the situation and obviously don't have the facts. There are only a few games not coming out on Wii U (as said by developers ), even then they didn't say they won't be supporting Wii U, just those games aren't coming. We still have a great 2013 ahead with Rayman, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, and rumored unmentioned titles.

Also we know BioWare has plans, and we are not getting Battlefield 3 because they are working on battlefield 4 . Keep your pants on.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 07:59 AM

Nah... I am expecting star wars 1313, watch dogs, tomb raider, splinter cell ++ games... E3 is about 2014 not 2013!!!

#5 Goose

Goose

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 380 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:21 AM

Nah... I am expecting star wars 1313, watch dogs, tomb raider, splinter cell ++ games... E3 is about 2014 not 2013!!!

I am expecting those games as well

#6 emmonsh

emmonsh

Red Koopa Troopa

• Banned
  • 61 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 08:30 AM

I know the console has just launched, but there doesnt seem to much on the horizon for the system, no announcements from 3rd parts devs apart from the fact they aint bothering with the wii u, like crysis, even battlefield series.

It almost seems like when the 3DS arrived, the popularity seemed bad, then all of a sudden a price revision, they might do it with the Wii U?, we origional owners might get some free downloads?

Still I really am waiting for the zelda and mario kart+mario 3d game announcements

The lack of interest from 3rd party is really worrying, for me mainly how long the system will last, seems like the dreamcast flop, hurry up nintendo with the announcements!

The steambox and the nvidia's new Nvidia Shield is really looking fantastic now, truily unbeatable graphics due to being pc based, upgradable for future!, massive pc fan base already and huge game collections already available. i already have a great PC so i may get the nvidia shield, then i can play all multiplatform games in the best graphics ;)

I was hoping the Wii U was going to be more than just a mario and zelda thing :(

I will still keep the system just for zelda when it is released, kinda wish i waited now till zelda released, but hey ho

crisis has been on dev for over 2 years. no wii u back then. there were just as many 3rd party games at launch as any other console I remember. you really need a life bad

#7 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 08 January 2013 - 01:56 PM

crisis has been on dev for over 2 years. no wii u back then. there were just as many 3rd party games at launch as any other console I remember. you really need a life bad

I thought Crisis wasnt coming because of poor business relations between EA and Nintendo

Posted Image

#8 Gaymer

Gaymer

Xbox Fanboy?

• Members
  • 906 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

Aaand, commence the typical post launch doom and gloom hysteria. The cycle continues.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 08 January 2013 - 02:20 PM

I thought Crisis wasnt coming because of poor business relations between EA and Nintendo

I thought it was because EA made a business decision, which was to not make a port.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 08 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

i dunno i would of thought there would have been more games announced already.

announcing something at E3 is going to be released in six to twelve months plus, it is news on games coming out within the next six months the Wii U needs.

#11 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 08 January 2013 - 04:38 PM

This, exactly. People shouldn't forget how slow were last gen console launches (except for the Wii). People should refresh their memories. Don't worry, we've got a strong launch. And for CoD, don't worry, they'll always come to the Wii U. They all came to the Wii, by the way.
Posted Image

#12 Skywalkman-GB

Skywalkman-GB

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Fandom:
    ZELDA! + FPS

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:32 AM

dont expect tomb raider, they already said they not porting to the wii u

Edited by Skywalkman-GB, 09 January 2013 - 12:40 AM.

NINTENDO Wii U ID = Skywalkman-GB

Gaming - Wii U Black 32GB - Pro Controller + Wii Red - PC - i5 2400K GTX460 SSC - Studio Setup - Korg microstation - Korg microsampler - Korg microkorg XL - Xenyx 1002 mixer - Boss SL-20 slicer
Find my own tracks, gaming videos etc here http://www.youtube.c...ce?feature=mhee

Posted Image

#13 Mewbot

Mewbot

I'm batman

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  • NNID:R00bot
  • Fandom:
    Legend of Zelda and Super Smash Bros.

Posted 31 January 2013 - 11:42 PM

Nintendo has stated themselves that a price drop like the 3DS had is out of the question. They are already selling it at a loss.
Nintendo is probably afraid that they might make the same mistakes that Sony made with the PS3 by selling it at such a loss.
Selling at a loss is new to Nintendo, they haven't done it before.

Y U READ THIS?...WHY IS THERE TEXT HERE? LOL WTF
       bi5tzqg.gif

Wii U ID : R00bot

#14 Smertrius

Smertrius

Thwomp

• Members
  • 342 posts
  • NNID:smertrius
  • Fandom:
    nintendo videogames,

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:15 AM

wii u hasnt ruined 3rd party just some games companies afraid that wii u cant handle their games

#15 cadrethree

cadrethree

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 07:28 AM

The Wii U is looking like the Gamecube success and sales this generation.  The Gamecube was my favorite from that generation, though.  Nintendo just has too much competition this generation and they are reacting too slowly to the market.  They aren't doomed or anything they are just gonna to have to live with a small slice of the pie this time.  

#16 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:00 AM

The next COD should be coming to the Wii U in November.  There isn't any lack of interest, Nintendo released the hardware before many of the devs who requested devkits got them, hence the delay.  Nintendo also initially didn't offer any real tools or information to devs but according to Criterion that has changed as well.

We'll be getting some great announcements at PAX, e3, and through Nintendo Directs.  It's only been a few months, patience, young padawan.

#17 ArmedPrimate

ArmedPrimate

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • NNID:BringerOfBooze
  • Fandom:
    Cloud (FFVII), Master Chief (Halo)

Posted 15 March 2013 - 08:21 AM

Your really over dramatizing the situation and obviously don't have the facts. There are only a few games not coming out on Wii U (as said by developers ), even then they didn't say they won't be supporting Wii U, just those games aren't coming. We still have a great 2013 ahead with Rayman, Wonderful 101, Bayonetta 2, Pikmin 3, and rumored unmentioned titles.

Also we know BioWare has plans, and we are not getting Battlefield 3 because they are working on battlefield 4 . Keep your pants on.

You sure? What about EA being all mad at Nintendo and stuff?

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 15 March 2013 - 09:54 AM

Need For Speed is coming out isn't it? EA is a tool , but we will have to wait and see.

Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

I bought the Gamecube at launch and the wii u. I'm like the kiss of death to Nintendo I think. Never bought a wii until about 18 months after launch when I got one for very little money. The Gamecube was amazing with some incredible games for its day. Perhaps Nintendo will make the same effort with the wii u. The difference is that the Gamecube was super powerful for its day where as sadly the wii u is fairly weak. I still think the wii u is an amazing package and Nintendo do some utterly fantastic games though (which is why I bought one) but have to say I am really disappointed with the decisions they made with the hardware and totally understand why many people not so obsessed with NIntendo software like me just aren't interested. The wii u should have been easily more powerful than ps3 and 360 and Nintendo only have themselves to blame for the current situation. What were they thinking. Nintendo are going to be under huge pressure to make a price cut which will cost them a lot more than making the wii u a more powerful. It didn't need to be ps4/xbox 720 powerful just easily superior to ps3/360 in all areas so wii u versions of games were superior.

#20 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

EA is most likely mad at Nintendo because Nintendo refuses to give in to EA's greedy buisness practices. Why else?

I wouldn't hold my breath. Until Nintendo accepts the concept of not good season passes and microtransactions(which Nintendo is smart enough to never do) EA will piss and moan elsewhere.

As my friend Gaymer said. These gloom and doom threads are old and are getting rather irritating.

Signature_DK.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!