#1 nannybuckles

nannybuckles

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Suda 51, Zombies, A Good Book

Posted 10 January 2013 - 11:27 AM

sorry if this has already been discussed.

i was just wondering about charging the gamepad. in the quick start guide nintendo recommends that when the gamepad is done charging you should first unplug the ac adapter form the wall before unplugging it from the gamepad. i have been doing this, should i continue to do this or can i start leaving the adapter plugged into the wall and just unplug the gamepad? i was also thinking of using the dock that came with my deluxe so that's another reason i'm asking.

thank you, and again, sorry if this is a dup thread.
NNID: NannyBuckles...pm me if you add me.
Posted Image

#2 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 10 January 2013 - 12:19 PM

I do that out of habit for my laptop, but have never done it with anything else.
I don't see a reason you should keep doing it.
I do it because I like to see the light go off on my laptop's charger, and in theory get the most charge from the plug.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#3 xile6

xile6

Alchemist

• Members
  • 1,532 posts
  • NNID:xile06x

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:08 PM

I have never unplug a full charge device. But thats just me. My cellphone tells me to unplug the charge when full to save energy.
but i own tons of devices, ipad, cell, laptop, gaming systems, etc.. and i never unplugged them when they where fully charged and i dont have any problems with them.
youtube ch. http://www.youtube.com/user/xile2010/
xile06 "N" ID
Cod bo2, AC3, Zombiu, NSMB, Pikmin 3, Wind Waker HD, Smash Bro wiiu,
Preorders : ..
Plan to buy : -

#4 YoshiGamer9

YoshiGamer9

Wii U Forums Yoshi

• Members
  • 2,302 posts
  • NNID:YoshiWiiUGamer9
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Zelda, anything fun!

Posted 10 January 2013 - 03:54 PM

Are you asking about unplugging it from the wall, or from the gamepad? When an electrical device of mine is full of charge, I unplug it from the thing itself. But oddly enough... if you take it off the charging dock, and put it back on again, the light goes back on? Same with 3DS... I wonder why.

sfOI1m6.jpg

Add me on Wii U if you want to settle it in Smash

#5 nannybuckles

nannybuckles

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 10 January 2013 - 07:07 PM

Yes I was asking why Nintendo suggested unplugging it from the wall first, or more specifically if that was necessary.

Regarding the light coming back on, my 3ds does that as well, i suppose the systems date and time settings have run a bit of the battery so it doesn't think it is fully charged anymore.
Posted Image

#6 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:28 AM

the gamepad slowly runs out of battery even when switched off! one of the few little things that ennoys me

#7 nannybuckles

nannybuckles

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:22 AM

has anyone been able to get a read on whether doing a direct charge is better than using the charging cradle? does one or the other hold a better charge?
Posted Image

#8 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:39 AM

Yes I was asking why Nintendo suggested unplugging it from the wall first, or more specifically if that was necessary.
Regarding the light coming back on, my 3ds does that as well, i suppose the systems date and time settings have run a bit of the battery so it doesn't think it is fully charged anymore.

I'm not sure why Nintendo reccommend doing that. I've never done it with any of my devices and always just unplug the power cable from the device first.

has anyone been able to get a read on whether doing a direct charge is better than using the charging cradle? does one or the other hold a better charge?

That shouldn't make any difference at all. The cradle is just a piece of plastic that holds the Gamepad and doesn't directly have any involvement in the charging process.

#9 nannybuckles

nannybuckles

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:33 AM

Just wondering since it wasn't a direct link
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!