GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 January 2013 - 01:18 AM

ok so everyone is wondering what games built from the ground up are gonna look like on the Wii U. i myself wonder what nintendo in house engine will be capable of. people it cost money to build these engines and create some of the best we had this gen. here is a list of the cost of some games from this gen (360, ps3, and Wii). where do you think nintendo can or should fall in when it comes to Wii U development? i believe the average Wii development was between 5-7 million and ps360 anywhere from 15-30. so lets disuss this what should nintendo spend on their first and second party games? and by those numbers what should we expect the games to look like?

GTA 4 - $100 million
Elder Scrolls: Skyrim - $85 million
Halo 4 - $60 million
Gran Turismo 5 - $80 million
Killzone 2 - $40-60 million
Assassin's Creed 2 - $45 million
Crackdown - Around $20 million
Crysis - $22 million
Brutal Legend - $25 million
Gears of War - $10 million
Lost Planet - $20 million (plus $20 million marketing budget)
Red Steel - $12.75 million
Braid - $200,000

Edited by GAMER1984, 12 January 2013 - 01:19 AM.

#2 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

And you got these figures from where. If you're going to post specific information like this then you should link to or at least note your sources otherwise it doesn't mean anything and you could have just made them up. Not to mention its just sill to base the quality of a game on how much is spent on it as there are other factors involved.

#3 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:42 AM

And you got these figures from where. If you're going to post specific information like this then you should link to or at least note your sources otherwise it doesn't mean anything and you could have just made them up. Not to mention its just sill to base the quality of a game on how much is spent on it as there are other factors involved.

here you go

http://vgsales.wikia...mes#cite_note-1

seriously why in the world would i make these numbers up... i can tell you now for future ref i dont have that kinda time nor do i care enough to post some fake numbers.

#4 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 02:45 AM

here you go
http://vgsales.wikia...mes#cite_note-1
seriously why in the world would i make these numbers up... i can tell you now for future ref i dont have that kinda time nor do i care enough to post some fake numbers.

I didn't say you did but if you're going to post such stats then you should post a link or links to where you got them from.
  • CUD likes this

#5 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 12 January 2013 - 09:21 AM

Aren't all these games American? American companies take more money for doing a game than Japanese people despite the fact that they most of the time have the same quality.
Posted Image

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 12 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

I think games built from the ground up for Wii U will look amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!