#1 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:47 AM

Because it's really annoying to see threads discussing really old things and finding that half the people here really didn't know of such information, I'm compiling a list of known facts. If there is something missing then feel free to post and tell me.

Launches: 2012

Size: Approximately 1.8 inches tall, 6.8 inches wide and 10.5 inches long.

New Controller: Approximately 5.3 inches high, 0.9 inches wide (not including buttons and slide pads) and 9.0 inches long. The new controller incorporates a single touch 6.2-inch, 16:9 touch screen and traditional button controls, including two analog Circle Pads. The controller is rechargeable and includes a Power button, Home button, +Control Pad, A/B/X/Y buttons, L/R buttons and ZL/ZR buttons. It includes a built-in accelerometer and gyroscope, rumble feature, camera, a microphone, stereo speakers, a sensor strip, flash memory, magnetic sensor and a stylus.

Other Controls: Up to four Wii Remote (or Wii Remote Plus) controllers can be connected at once. The new console supports all Wii controllers and input devices, including the Nunchuk controller, Classic Controller, Classic Controller Pro and Wii Balance Board.

Media: A single self-loading media bay will play 12-centimeter proprietary high-density optical discs for the new console, as well as 12-centimeter Wii optical discs.

Video Output: Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.

Audio Output: Uses AV Multi Out connector. Six-channel PCM linear output through HDMI.

Storage: The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

CPU: IBM Power®-based multi-core microprocessor.

GPU: AMD Radeonâ„¢-based High Definition GPU.

Other: Four USB 2.0 connector slots are included. The new console is backward compatible with Wii games and Wii accessories.

(Source: Nintendo E3 Network)

Edited by Dementis, 13 August 2011 - 02:59 AM.

#2 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:20 AM

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between 1080p and 1080i?
Posted Image

#3 DaPimpJ

DaPimpJ

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:22 AM

Can anyone tell me what the difference is between 1080p and 1080i?

P is for progressive scan and I is for interlacing

#4 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:26 AM

P is for progressive scan and I is for interlacing

Okay, but is there any difference in the quality of the picture? Is one better than the other?
Posted Image

#5 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:50 AM

Okay, but is there any difference in the quality of the picture? Is one better than the other?

I believe that 1080p is clearer and the frames load onto the screen quicker (Though for TV broadcasts it's not used due to bandwidth issues). They both have the same resolution though.

#6 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:26 AM

Thanks.
Posted Image

#7 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:27 AM

1080i is effectively half the resolution of 1080p. In 1080i, every frame contains either all the odd-numbered or even-numbered rows of pixels on the screen (so, it's like a 1920x540 image every frame); in 1080p, all 1080 lines of pixels are displayed simultaneously. 1080i's image can look a bit fuzzier as a result, and often has flickering in finer details and thin lines.

#8 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:45 PM

1080i is effectively half the resolution of 1080p. In 1080i, every frame contains either all the odd-numbered or even-numbered rows of pixels on the screen (so, it's like a 1920x540 image every frame); in 1080p, all 1080 lines of pixels are displayed simultaneously. 1080i's image can look a bit fuzzier as a result, and often has flickering in finer details and thin lines.

Darn it! My TV does 1080i but not 1080p. :)
Posted Image

#9 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

Darn it! My TV does 1080i but not 1080p. :)

Hey, don't feel that bad about it. Mine only does 480i.

#10 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 15 July 2011 - 04:25 PM

I thought specs were still subject to change, or have Nintendo finalised everything?

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#11 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:55 AM

I thought specs were still subject to change, or have Nintendo finalised everything?

Nope, they're still subject to change, but these are the only facts that have been confirmed to be true of yet.

Also, can this be pinned? I don't want it to die ):

#12 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:44 AM

Nope, they're still subject to change, but these are the only facts that have been confirmed to be true of yet.

How do you "pin" something?
Posted Image

#13 Desert Punk

Desert Punk

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 656 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:39 AM

European model probably won't support s-video but will support RGB scart instead just like the wii.

I thought it was confirmed the optical discs would be 25GB.

1080i can be deinterlaced accurately to 1920x1080 if the source is digital i.e. hdmi but 1080i only has 30 full frames per second not 60 frames like 1080p. So effectively its the same picture with a lower frame rate. However if 1080i is ouptut via analogue like component its more difficult to cleanly deinterlace the signal.

My tv is only 720p in resolution but downscales 1080p brilliantly to its 720p screen and its noticably better than showing a native 720p signal on its 720p screen because pixels are better utilised if the source is higher resolution than the native resolution.

#14 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 16 July 2011 - 11:57 AM

How do you "pin" something?

Only moderators and administrators can do that. Posted Image

#15 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 05:52 PM

Darn it! My TV does 1080i but not 1080p. :D

This.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#16 Reaper Pin

Reaper Pin

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 463 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kingdom Hearts Legend of Zelda Etc.

Posted 16 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

Wow we know this much already? Cool.
Posted Image

#17 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 17 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

I thought it was confirmed the optical discs would be 25GB.

I recall reading that, now you mention it, but I don't know what the source was. If you can find it for me I'd gladly appreciate it.

#18 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:10 AM

I believe that they will use 25GB proprietary discs. They will not be Blu Ray, however.

http://kotaku.com/58...be-25gb-in-size
- Says 25GB, but I don't know if goes as far as confirmed.

http://www.wired.com...oller-hands-on/
- Says proprietary, but waaaaaay at the bottom.

AuzzieWingman.png

#19 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:19 AM

Pinned. I hope we're not getting too many pinned topics here, but this is a pretty useful one.

I recall reading that, now you mention it, but I don't know what the source was. If you can find it for me I'd gladly appreciate it.

You can always run a search on one of the two Wii U blogs that this forum belongs to. :P

#20 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 17 July 2011 - 04:35 AM

You can always run a search on one of the two Wii U blogs that this forum belongs to. :unsure:

I tried to run a search on David's, and couldn't find it. :P

I failed.

AuzzieWingman.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!