• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#21 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:56 AM

Should you add the screen is not multi-touch?
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#22 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 02:20 PM

I tried to run a search on David's, and couldn't find it. :P

I failed.

Use Google Site Search. Here's a demonstration.

#23 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 17 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

Should you add the screen is not multi-touch?

I did, I said single touch.

#24 xXSuperNintendoXx

xXSuperNintendoXx

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Pokemon, Zelda, Okami,

Posted 19 July 2011 - 03:53 PM

Looks to be powerful have to wait and see though first

#25 Pro Pizza! >:D

Pro Pizza! >:D

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 12:00 PM

Hey, don't feel that bad about it. Mine only does 480i.

Darn it! My TV does 1080i but not 1080p. Posted Image

Lol, I have 1080p 56 inch(widescreen) TV. I feel top dog here :D
But I do feel bad :C
I'm Nub Cakes! :D and I approve this signature... Kinda! :D
R.I.P. Nub Cakes! :D
5/31/11- 12/6/11

#26 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 04 August 2011 - 01:48 PM

This is why i believe that Nintendo is going to again rise above the competition for consoles, the console itself is very powerful, the controller is amazing and looks very fun to use, 3rd parties will now not have to downgrade the multiplatform games, Nintendo's 1st party is amazing. Just these specs alone make me excited about Wii U!!!

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#27 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 02:56 AM

This is why i believe that Nintendo is going to again rise above the competition for consoles, the console itself is very powerful, the controller is amazing and looks very fun to use, 3rd parties will now not have to downgrade the multiplatform games, Nintendo's 1st party is amazing. Just these specs alone make me excited about Wii U!!!

Don't count on games not having to be downgraded for long, I'd say we've got 2 years tops from the Wii U's release date before it gets any next-gen competition. Hopefully the Wii U's controller will ensure it continues to get unique games even after the PS4/X720 comes out.

#28 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Don't count on games not having to be downgraded for long, I'd say we've got 2 years tops from the Wii U's release date before it gets any next-gen competition. Hopefully the Wii U's controller will ensure it continues to get unique games even after the PS4/X720 comes out.

It's not going to be a Wii-Xbox 360 gap, though. So downgrades will not be all that significant.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#29 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 12 August 2011 - 07:56 PM

It's not going to be a Wii-Xbox 360 gap, though. So downgrades will not be all that significant.

I think it would be more accurate to say the downgrades won't be AS significant. I'm pretty sure the gap will be smaller that the Wii-360 one but it'll almost definitely be bigger than the 360-PS3 gap. Of course at the moment we don't know anything for sure about the PS4 or X720 but I think it's fair to assume they'll be noticeably more powerful than the Wii U.

#30 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:33 AM

I think it would be more accurate to say the downgrades won't be AS significant. I'm pretty sure the gap will be smaller that the Wii-360 one but it'll almost definitely be bigger than the 360-PS3 gap. Of course at the moment we don't know anything for sure about the PS4 or X720 but I think it's fair to assume they'll be noticeably more powerful than the Wii U.

A Sony representative already said that it would be hard to make a system that is significantly more powerful than what the current PS3 has to offer, and that Sony would be focusing on expanding the gamer population (2006 for us Mr. Tretton;) ). If this representative can be held to his word, than the PS4 probably won't be much more powerful than the Wii U. That leaves Microsoft as the only wild card left, but looking at where they're headed with Kinect, I think it would be a safe bet that they will be doing the same.

My guess is that the gaps between console power will most likely be more along the lines of PS2 vs GameCube vs Xbox rather than Wii vs Xbox 360 vs PS3.

Edited by Andy, 13 August 2011 - 10:36 AM.

Posted Image

#31 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 12:46 PM

The way I look at it is, to compare the PS3 and Xbox with high-end P.C.'s. I saw a comparison not long ago, possibly at IGN, and they had to slow the clips down to point out the differences, even then, I was less than astounded. I doubt the "next-gen" consoles will be much more powerful than a current top of the range P.C., and I don't see a stampede of gamers from current consoles to P.C.'s, so, though the differences will be hyped to the heavens, in reality, I doubt they will be Earth-shaking.

#32 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

The way I look at it is, to compare the PS3 and Xbox with high-end P.C.'s. I saw a comparison not long ago, possibly at IGN, and they had to slow the clips down to point out the differences, even then, I was less than astounded. I doubt the &quot;next-gen&quot; consoles will be much more powerful than a current top of the range P.C., and I don't see a stampede of gamers from current consoles to P.C.'s, so, though the differences will be hyped to the heavens, in reality, I doubt they will be Earth-shaking.

Erm... what? You might have to check a real comparison there because top of the range PCs are really ahead of consoles.

#33 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 08:14 AM

Well, that was kind of the point. Both were running at 1080p and the differences were not jaw-dropping, in any way. Of course that was just graphics.

I keep looking for the site that did this, but I' sorry, it eludes me. It wasn't a dream, I promise.

Edited by Mukkinese, 16 August 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#34 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 16 August 2011 - 10:24 AM

Well, both were running at 1080p and the differences were not jaw-dropping, in any way. Of course that was just graphics.

You're saying that this looks the same as this?

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#35 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 16 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

You're saying that this looks the same as this?

Even that can't be used in an argument because the PS3 example was using the full power of the console, i.e, that's all it can show at one time, at a push.

#36 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:28 PM

No that was not the comparison at all, it was of a street scene, i think it was in a game. Anyway, I didn't say they looked the same, I said the differences were not "jaw-dropping".

#37 Caius Casshern Sins

Caius Casshern Sins

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,263 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yu-Gi-Oh, Pokemon, Megaman, more.

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:38 PM

No that was not the comparison at all, it was of a street scene, i think it was in a game. Anyway, I didn't say they looked the same, I said the differences were not "jaw-dropping".

I think i know what you are saying, is it this video this video you are talking about

The computer used in this were based on rumors on the components of the wii u. Some games were at full power and some weren't.
Posted Image
Co-Leader of the A.D.P.F
Lose yourself in battle, and rejoice
After War there is Death ~ Goddess Palutena, victory is ours
Yeah, you've done a great job so far, letting the Metal Heads destroy the palace.

#38 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 16 August 2011 - 06:50 PM

That's because the game was made for consoles and ported to PC, meaning, it didn't take advantage of the PC hardware.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#39 Mukkinese

Mukkinese

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 04:32 AM

No, the comparison was specifically to show the quality of P.C. graphics over console graphics.

This is more like it though a little older;

It looks good when the video is stopped and the differences are pointed out, but how many would find this compelling enough, in gameplay, to buy a new machine? It certainly does not make the less powerful machine obsolete, as many "next-gen" evangelists are claiming would happen to the Wii U. I doubt the differences between the PS4 and the Wii U, at least graphically, would be much greater then the differences shown here.

Edited by Mukkinese, 17 August 2011 - 05:37 AM.

#40 Dementis

Dementis

Blooper

• Members
  • 152 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid

Posted 18 August 2011 - 01:46 AM

No, the comparison was specifically to show the quality of P.C. graphics over console graphics.

This is more like it though a little older;

It looks good when the video is stopped and the differences are pointed out, but how many would find this compelling enough, in gameplay, to buy a new machine? It certainly does not make the less powerful machine obsolete, as many "next-gen" evangelists are claiming would happen to the Wii U. I doubt the differences between the PS4 and the Wii U, at least graphically, would be much greater then the differences shown here.

I don't think you understand what we're saying. The difference between even PS3 and top of the range computers are jaw dropping. The ones posted here don't even show actual in game scenes.

And the differences must be bigger than that if Zelda won't be possible on PS3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!