• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#61 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:00 PM

I think the connectivity will be fine, it's not going to use pointer controls so you don't have to be very precise, just basic slow movements.
Posted Image

#62 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:
    Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid, Mario

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

I think the connectivity will be fine, it's not going to use pointer controls so you don't have to be very precise, just basic slow movements.

Not sure what you mean here..what are basic slow movements for?

On another note, I am trying to find out more information in regard to the difficulties the companies are having while developing games that use the Wii U Tablet. So apparently, they are finding it hard to get the connectivity to work at all. This is making progress slow in development. Not too promising, even though its just 'rumour'..?
BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#63 Katana

Katana

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart 7.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:48 AM

On another note, I am trying to find out more information in regard to the difficulties the companies are having while developing games that use the Wii U Tablet. So apparently, they are finding it hard to get the connectivity to work at all. This is making progress slow in development. Not too promising, even though its just 'rumour'..?

I would not say thats untrue but would also say that Nintendo give first class support to developers...I would say its the same this time round too.
Posted Image
Want to race me...??? Just ask for an add...

#64 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

I would not say thats untrue but would also say that Nintendo give first class support to developers...I would say its the same this time round too.

I wouldn't doubt that either. Interested in finding out the source of this speculation. You heard similar stories right?
BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#65 Katana

Katana

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Kart 7.

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:34 AM

To be honest no...thats why I could not dispute it totally but have played Nintendo consoles etc for years and they always create hardware thats quite easy to work with and they also help dev companies as much as possible.
I think looking back the 64 was probably the hardest machine Nintendo made to code for (big game worlds on carts,one reason Square went to Sony)
But Nintendo make reliable hardware thats accessible to players and coders so I would say at the moment its a rumour and no more.
But I have been wrong before ha ha...but I have heard nothing from 3rd parties to this rumour.
Posted Image
Want to race me...??? Just ask for an add...

#66 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Like waving the controller over the screen.
Posted Image

#67 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 08 November 2011 - 01:00 AM

Like waving the controller over the screen.

It sounds like you're suggesting that if the controller was waved around frantically, it will lose the ability to stream video at a decent frame-rate? Isn't that the point in bringing up the connectivity?
BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#68 Zuperman

Zuperman

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 02:53 AM

It sounds like you're suggesting that if the controller was waved around frantically, it will lose the ability to stream video at a decent frame-rate? Isn't that the point in bringing up the connectivity?

I was talking about how 'pointer' movements (which may disconnect or not work properly at times) won't be used with the Wii U, so it's not like you'll be using motion controls and it'll go out of sync or not register the movement correctly.
Posted Image

#69 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

what technology is used to transmit the controller streaming??

#70 AudieMurphy

AudieMurphy

Goomba

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 03:43 PM

all HD SETS @ 720P/768P/1080P DISPLAY IN P SO 1080i becomes 1080p on your HD to or 1080i becomes 768p on a sub 1080p tv so dont worry 1080i/p will always display at 1080p anyhows !!

#71 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 11 December 2011 - 11:10 AM

what technology is used to transmit the controller streaming??

It should be the same type as with the regular wireless controllers but with some added code for video streaming

Posted Image

#72 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:01 PM

It should be the same type as with the regular wireless controllers but with some added code for video streaming

Some 'known facts' are probs needed here fella! Seems a little flakey round the edges that one D:
BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#73 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:20 PM

Some 'known facts' are probs needed here fella! Seems a little flakey round the edges that one D:

Yeah I know but I was going on the assumption that the controller mechanisms would be the same and vigil said that it took only a couple lines of code to stream video. I to an waiting on confirmation for alot of things but sorry for the rough edges. If you want me to find video I can

Edited by Link707, 11 December 2011 - 12:21 PM.

Posted Image

#74 Marc

Marc

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:02 PM

Yeah I know but I was going on the assumption that the controller mechanisms would be the same and vigil said that it took only a couple lines of code to stream video. I to an waiting on confirmation for alot of things but sorry for the rough edges. If you want me to find video I can

Coolies man. What you mean to say, is that considering that Wii used Bluetooth tech for the wiimote, that continuing tech may be similar..but we don't know the exact frequency /band they will use for Wii U? I am sure that there will be some tech info somewhere on the 'initial' Wii U tech, but considering Bluetooth 2.1 can arguably be seen as just 'sufficient' now and can hold up to 7 devices, may be just used again.
Bluetooth has changed since then, with a new release 3.0, and low energy tech, but the data rate is a little shoddy...however, it isn't much worse than 2.1 and may be tweaked so to allow for the correct data rate. We will just have wait and see...
BANGIN!

My body is ready. ^_^

#75 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:13 PM

Coolies man. What you mean to say, is that considering that Wii used Bluetooth tech for the wiimote, that continuing tech may be similar..but we don't know the exact frequency /band they will use for Wii U? I am sure that there will be some tech info somewhere on the 'initial' Wii U tech, but considering Bluetooth 2.1 can arguably be seen as just 'sufficient' now and can hold up to 7 devices, may be just used again.
Bluetooth has changed since then, with a new release 3.0, and low energy tech, but the data rate is a little shoddy...however, it isn't much worse than 2.1 and may be tweaked so to allow for the correct data rate. We will just have wait and see...

would probably see Nintendo go down the 2.1 route as it is really widespread and easily applicable unless they feel that they can tweak 3.0 to fit the data requirements of 6+ controllers and possibly 2 headsets running simultaneously.
2-3 wii u and 4 wiimotes. I guess it would also depend on cost and how well it runs

Edited by Link707, 11 December 2011 - 01:16 PM.

Posted Image

#76 The777brown

The777brown

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    STUFF-mostly nintendo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 01:41 PM

What is the quality of the controller screen? its not going to be as high resolution as the tv i assume.

#77 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:42 PM

What is the quality of the controller screen? its not going to be as high resolution as the tv i assume.

It is supposedly 854x480. Here's the source: http://www.joystiq.c...ted-at-854x480/

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#78 The777brown

The777brown

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    STUFF-mostly nintendo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 07:48 PM

It is supposedly 854x480. Here's the source: http://www.joystiq.c...ted-at-854x480/

so im guessing that its not very high quality then.

#79 Gruff

Gruff

Jigglypuff

• Members
  • 1,179 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Animal Crossing, SSB, Nintendo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 08:23 PM

so im guessing that its not very high quality then.

For a screen that size, it's not bad. You'll actually be able to view your Wii games in there native resolution on the controller.

Villager.jpgBleh eh eh.

#80 The777brown

The777brown

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Fandom:
    STUFF-mostly nintendo

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:44 AM

For a screen that size, it's not bad. You'll actually be able to view your Wii games in there native resolution on the controller.

oh cool.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!