Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:58 AM

I would like to share this with you. Im somewhat of a fanboy for simple reasons.

1.Xbox: Xobox always seem to be defective and they have no good IPs. Plus their fees and passes are stupid.

2.Sony: Playstations are decent but they need to come up with their own ideas and bring more eastern games over beacuse most western games feel the same. IMO.

3.PC: PCs are a pain to upgrade plus they are way overpriced. But if you like irresponsive windows and have $1000 or more then go ahead.

4.IOS: IOS devices are NOT game systems

However I am interested in seeing the Orbis although there aint much details yet.

Signature_DK.png

#2 Wolfy

Wolfy

Thwomp

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Fandom:
    snep baks n sweg

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:04 AM

I would like to share this with you. Im somewhat of a fanboy for simple reasons.

1.Xboxs always seem to be defective and they have no good IPs. Plus their fees and passes are stupid.

2.Playstations are decent but they need to come up with their own ideas and bring more eastern games over beacuse most western games feel the same. IMO.

3.PCs are a pain to upgrade plus they are way overpriced. But if you like irresponsive windows and have $1000 or more then go ahead.

4.IOS devices are NOT game systems

However I am interested in seeing the Orbis although there aint much details yet.

1. Agreed for the most parts, multiplats are superior.

2. You're in a western country, also I could argue that eastern games are all the same.

3. Another one of these with no examples or proof to back it up, I spend 1200 on my rig, it will last five years until I upgrade another part which will cost around 300, in the long run it's cheaper, superior and steam sales rip apart any deals you'll see, plus I could make a game and publish it for free on Steam, good luck doing that anywhere else. I've got 140 or so quality AA/AAA for the most part and spent no more than 300, if I got the crappier console version I would have spent thousands.

4. No it doesn't, you just don't like it.

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:16 AM

I agree and Disagree -

1 - Microsoft doesn't have all bad IP's. Nintendo just has way better IP's. Fact is that Sony and Microsoft get way more universal releases than Nintendo consoles, which make them less unique systems in my opinion.

2 - I do wish more Japanese games made it over here on the PS3

3 - wrong wrong wrong - PC's are anything, but a pain to upgrade/build. I've only had 2 computer in the last 10 years. My current one I just built 1 year ago. My last one lasted 9 years with only having to upgrade its hard drive and video card once and is still working. My new one will last me just as long. They are only overpriced if you don't build them yourself. Windows is hardly unresponsive. Have you even ever used a PC? PC gaming offers a much different experience than consoles do. In the last 10 years I bought several new consoles and will probably buy the new sony/microsoft ones next year or whenever they come out. I can 100% guarantee that I spent more on consoles than building 2 PC's in the last 10 years.

4 - I agree right now - but Japan is pushing the limits over there and more and more Eastern developers are supporting them. I think people may change their mind in coming years, including myself.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 07:20 AM

The other Xbox fanboys made me a Nintendo fanboy. THEY MAKE ME SO DAMN ANGRY!

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#5 dark_rabbid

dark_rabbid

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 397 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, tales, and online games.

Posted 21 January 2013 - 10:13 AM

1 Xbox. Didn't get it would have like to try gears etc but don't like paying for online.
2computers. Not for me , hate keyboard and mouse, small screen love the graphics but I am terrible on up keep, when I get a computer it's worthless in a year. I'm just that bad with takeing care of them. Good for others though.
3sony I have a ps3 it's not bad love the blue ray for movies, free online, sorry guys but I hate the dual shock(big hands) just don't fit. Nice exclusives but I don't put to many hours on them :(
4 not talking about Sony/microsofts next till I see them.

#6 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

1. Agreed for the most parts, multiplats are superior.

2. You're in a western country, also I could argue that eastern games are all the same.

3. Another one of these with no examples or proof to back it up, I spend 1200 on my rig, it will last five years until I upgrade another part which will cost around 300, in the long run it's cheaper, superior and steam sales rip apart any deals you'll see, plus I could make a game and publish it for free on Steam, good luck doing that anywhere else. I've got 140 or so quality AA/AAA for the most part and spent no more than 300, if I got the crappier console version I would have spent thousands.

4. No it doesn't, you just don't like it.

What he said :P

#7 Joshua West

Joshua West

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Fandom:
    Metroid, Sonic the Hedgehog, Fire Emblem

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

1.Xbox-tempting for 3rd party games not on Nintendo, but I'm too lazy
2.Playstation- Hate the Dualshock, and while some like their exclusives, most just aren't compelling enough
3.PC- I do a bit of freeware gaming and wouldn't mind building my own, but I just don't like to spend money
4.Not compelled by enough games presently, and still hate spending money

#8 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 21 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

Yes, PC games are a pain and overpriced. I'll just stick to home consoles thank you.
Sure people will disagree with me, but I'm not saying my opinion applies to everyone. It does, however, apply to me.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#9 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:17 AM

1.Xbox: Xobox always seem to be defective and they have no good IPs. Plus their fees and passes are stupid.

The initial xbox 360 design was terrible, the slim models fixed the defective rrod issues. I agree that the idea of paying for a service like xbox live is absurd and is one major reason why I will almost certainly not get the next gen xbox.

2.Sony: Playstations are decent but they need to come up with their own ideas and bring more eastern games over beacuse most western games feel the same. IMO.

Sony has the most diverse range of games of this gen (in terms of consoles), so I can't really see how your point is valid, especially as you are declaring yourself as a fan of nintendo which has recently (wii, wiiU) had an incredibly limited game selection.

3.PC: PCs are a pain to upgrade plus they are way overpriced. But if you like irresponsive windows and have $1000 or more then go ahead.

PC's are easy to upgrade, literally unplug one component plug in the other, and you may have to connect a wire. It is in fact easier then setting up a tv, the one area where this arguably is not the case is the cpu cooler or some psu's, but then again that only requires the ability to glue one thing onto another and make sure it is not on crooked. Are PC's overpirced, sure things like alienware are overpriced but the components are not and there is nothing stooping you from building a pc or hiring a local builder to do it for you.

4.IOS: IOS devices are NOT game systems

That they are not, they however do play games and some of those games are great.

Answers in bold.

Yes, PC games are a pain and overpriced. I'll just stick to home consoles thank you.
Sure people will disagree with me, but I'm not saying my opinion applies to everyone. It does, however, apply to me.

Whilst your free to play on whatever you want to lying to yourself is just silly. PC games are nearly always cheaper then console games. In fact suggesting the opposite is absurd.

Now onto the wiiU, what do I not like about it and why I think the competition beats it at the moment:
- less games and less variety in those games
- poor friend/user system
- forced gimmicky controls
- frequent and expected continued poor implementation of the gamepad (either by making it a neadless addition or as above using it in a gimicky fashion)
- system power is extremely limited
- games bought online are locked to the console they are bought on (really Nintendo)

Edited by PedanticGamer, 22 January 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#10 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:58 AM

OP you sound like your 12 so STFU.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#11 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:05 AM

Whilst your free to play on whatever you want to lying to yourself is just silly. PC games are nearly always cheaper then console games. In fact suggesting the opposite is absurd.

Well, they're always too damn expensive where I live. Don't know where you are, but down here in Australia they're expensive.
And there's the annoyance of having to upgrade PCs >.> I would upgrade from a Wii to a Wii U because I have them for gaming, but to upgrade PCs is a pain because I don't even use them for games that much. I use my computer for word and the internet, that's it mainly. So I skip PC gaming.

That's why I don't like PC gaming. The only games that would actually interest me at all are normally found on other systems anyway.

Like I said, this is my opinion and it doesn't apply to anyone. But it applies to me.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#12 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:55 AM

Well, they're always too damn expensive where I live. Don't know where you are, but down here in Australia they're expensive.
And there's the annoyance of having to upgrade PCs >.> I would upgrade from a Wii to a Wii U because I have them for gaming, but to upgrade PCs is a pain because I don't even use them for games that much. I use my computer for word and the internet, that's it mainly. So I skip PC gaming.

That's why I don't like PC gaming. The only games that would actually interest me at all are normally found on other systems anyway.

Like I said, this is my opinion and it doesn't apply to anyone. But it applies to me.

I am also from Australia, nearly all new release games on pc can easily be had for under $40 on release as opposed to console release which are usually twice that. As for not having a good enough pc and thus not gaming on your pc, that does make sense but is a separate point to the cost of the games. In any case you are happy to upgrade you console but not your pc (which can be done in the exact some manner) so whilst I respect your right to game on what you so wish your argument is rather flawed and circular in nature (I don't game on pc's as IO don't game on pc's is essentially what you have said).

BTW if it doesn't apply to anyone, common sense says it can't apply to you. :P

#13 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

I despise Xbox for a few reasons. The fans and online people and the lack of japanese games

Nintendo and Sony for me tbh

So many rude people on Xbox live. I tried playing GTA 4 on Xbox and was cussed at many times
I play the same game on PS3 and everyone is nice and polite playing GTA 4

Posted Image

#14 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 23 January 2013 - 07:37 AM

No good IP's for the XBOX? Halo and Gears aren't good to you? LOL!

#15 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

No good IP's for the XBOX? Halo and Gears aren't good to you? LOL!

TBH I hate those games Very boring

and besides I posted in my thread I hardly play american games! Due to lack of creativity and fun

Edited by NanamiGamerGrl17, 23 January 2013 - 08:28 AM.

Posted Image

#16 PyroKinesis

PyroKinesis

Boo

• Members
  • 534 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario Party, Animal Crossing

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:27 AM

Constant action is boring.

Yet you like Japanese imported games.

Which have nothing but action and colors and explosions.

#17 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

*Facepalm* Clearly your not able to understand what I'm saying. American games like Halo and GoW to me have no interesting characters and a horrible story. The same with Prototype.. I never said constant action is boring. Try to actually read if before putting words in my mouth. Ok thanks :D

Posted Image

#18 BnB

BnB

Shoto Killer

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • Fandom:
    Fighting Game Junkie

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

the ONLY ​good xbox exclusives are FPS or shooters. Needs more variety.

only things i'd play on pc are mmos and simulators (sims, rollercoaster tycoon, etc...)

PS3 has some of the best exclusives around, where you been? :wacko:

IOS is irrelevent

tumblr_mr2nvhlPCe1s1terdo1_500_zpsc92fde

PSN: Kallusiive // NNIDEX_NewEra

#19 NanamiGamerGrl17

NanamiGamerGrl17

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:52 AM

Only Xbox only games I liked was the Naruto games. Was the only reason I bought one. After I beat those two I sold them with my X-box. However X-Box did get idolM@ster which was very odd considering who plays the 360 XD

But to above post yeah PS3 has some great stuff. Uncharted and Gravity Rush (Originally PS3 but changed to Vita) are fun :) Infamous not so much. tired it and found it blah. That one game for PS3 about Gods scares the hell out of me for some reason. My friend played it and I cried so much XD

Edited by NanamiGamerGrl17, 23 January 2013 - 10:54 AM.

Posted Image

#20 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:49 PM

the ONLY ​good xbox exclusives are FPS or shooters. Needs more variety.

only things i'd play on pc are mmos and simulators (sims, rollercoaster tycoon, etc...)

PS3 has some of the best exclusives around, where you been? :wacko:

IOS is irrelevent

Funny, I don't remember Forza Motorsport, Project Gotham Racing or Fable being FPS or shooters.
What is the difference between a FPS and a shooter anyway? Do you mean a third person shooter (eg Crackdown)?

Classing all shooters as the same thing is pretty dumb, its like classing all sports games as the same, or all racing games. There is a HUGE variety in shooting games, Crackdown is nothing like Gears of War which is nothing like Unreal Tournament, etc.

There is plenty of variety in Xbox and PS3 exclusives, although personally I have enjoyed Xbox exclusives much more than PS3.

Also, my Xbox only broke once and Microsoft repaired it for free. If my PS3 were to break, even the YLOD which is reasonably common, Sony would charge me. So while I agree that Microsoft are annoying in their limiting functionality to Xbox Live Gold, when those things are free on PS3, they also have a console which has given much a much superior experience to my PS3.

I lost track of how often I have accepted a cross-gaming voice chat request, or replied to a message, while in the middle of a game, without leaving that game. The former of which isn't even supported on PS3 at all, sucks how they implemented it on PS Vita and at least some of the thing I had to quit games on PS3 just to reply to a message. On Xbox 360, even the game continued to load in the background if on a loading screen and then pauses automatically once its ready to play again. The experience as a whole is just so much better.

Then there is how easy it is to browse and buy stuff from Xbox Live Marketplace. Its so much more streamlined than Playstation Store. If you want to delete something I already downloaded its also MUCH faster on Xbox than PS3. Oh and I don't have to wait to bloody install things, once its downloaded its installed already. There are just so many ways Xbox is superior to PS3.

In fact the only thing I agree with is that iOS/Android cannot be considered proper gaming systems without REAL controls. However if they ever get that technology in phones where real buttons can emerge from the screen when required, especially if it can work for a comfortable d-pad, then at least some games will be more practical. Although I do not think we will ever have the same experience on our phones as dedicated consoles, as they have to worry about draining the battery too much so you can still use it as a phone.

Edited by Alex Atkin UK, 23 January 2013 - 02:57 PM.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!