Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 23 January 2013 - 10:59 AM

Nintendo president Satoru Iwata apologized today for a drought of new Wii U releases in the first few months of the system's availability. He explained that Nintendo understands the need for new titles surrounding the Wii U launch, but also acknowledged that achieving quality is of the utmost importance.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/nintendo-apologizes-for-lack-of-wii-u-software-6402805

It takes a real man to admit they're wrong, I'm glad Iwata has apologized.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:02 AM

i don't see why he is apologizing if it takes longer to make the games better then so be it better than rushing out games with bugs and less content.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#3 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

I'm extremely patient with Nintendo. I love their games because of the quality and time they put in them! :)

Posted Image

#4 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

i don't see why he is apologizing if it takes longer to make the games better then so be it better than rushing out games with bugs and less content.

People are complaining about the lack of software titles from them.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#5 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Have you seen the Vita...

:P

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#6 Zinix

Zinix

YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:04 AM

Vita has a least few quality titles.

#7 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 23 January 2013 - 11:43 AM

I actually find it kinda silly to apologize like that. :P

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#8 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Quality, not quantity. These things take time, he shouldn't need to apologise. Then again, people shouldnt really be complaining in the first place since, like he said, there are games coming out from March onwards. It's not that long to wait.

#9 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:40 PM

I don't see the problem, nsmbu and zombiu are great games worth more than a few hours, surely we could get a few months out of them for the price we have to pay for games these days.

I blame entitled-feeling children for making a mountain out of not having a new game in two weeks.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#10 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 02:52 PM

What's your point ? The Vita has loads of quality games.

#11 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 23 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

It's truly a shame. All the whiners are screaming their dissappointment from the mountain tops so Nintendo hears it, while the bigger part of the community that LOVE the Wii U are silently playing their games.

I wish Nintendo would notice the silent part of the community more, on the other hand it's kinda odd to send them a complaint containing "We love you, Nintendo! Don't listen to these fools".

#12 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:00 AM

Ninty never fails to amaze me, love em!

#13 Ixchel

Ixchel

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 874 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:23 AM

Lol I don't think he should be apologizing. The launch is more or less following what was planned. I think most people understand it takes a newly launched system a while to get a good library going.
Posted Image

#14 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:36 AM

I'm willing to wait for the library to catch up. I made the mistake of selling my Wii a little while after launch, and missed out on Twilight Princess, SSBB, and Skyward Sword. I went and bought Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword a couple of weeks ago and I'm making my way through those, which for me will take about a month per game give or take, I'm a little over halfway through TP after two weeks.

I was wrong to underestimate the Wii library, and I'm making up for it now. Ninty can take their time.

#15 A W Reezy

A W Reezy

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, NBA2K

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

There is nothing better than getting a piece of software that is bug free. I know that Nintendo will put out a good product, so if it takes longer for it to get here, then so be it!

#16 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 25 January 2013 - 02:40 AM

I'm not too worried about Nintendo's end. They always put it in a quality product (although, not always to my tastes in games). I'm more worried about other developers outside of Nintendo's software divisions, and how willing they can get to putting that product out. Unlike Nintendo who will delay as much as they have to, 3rd Parties try to get everything done by their release date, and that's a worry.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#17 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

I hope they take their time and release stellar games!!

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#18 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:00 AM

Although the wait for game releases is dreadful, it also fills you with excitement and anticipation. I like the fact that Nintendo takes there time making games and just doesn't crank em out every 3 months. Nintendo is all about quality and that is what I've come to expect from them and they haven't let me down.

#19 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:02 AM

I don't see the problem, nsmbu and zombiu are great games worth more than a few hours, surely we could get a few months out of them for the price we have to pay for games these days.

I blame entitled-feeling children for making a mountain out of not having a new game in two weeks.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to throw around the word entitled which is simply stupid in this context. People want more games, and wish there could have been more forward planning for that to have happened, there is nothing entitled about that.

As for Nintendo apologizing, they have no good reason to. The release schedule has been known up to this point before the wiiU launched (with some minor exceptions).

Edited by PedanticGamer, 25 January 2013 - 04:03 AM.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 25 January 2013 - 06:34 AM

POPULAR

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to throw around the word entitled which is simply stupid in this context. People want more games, and wish there could have been more forward planning for that to have happened, there is nothing entitled about that.

As for Nintendo apologizing, they have no good reason to. The release schedule has been known up to this point before the wiiU launched (with some minor exceptions).

Back in my day, you'd get 2 games every 6 months and you'd be happy, because you had outside, and you also had homework to do.

Edited by Nollog, 25 January 2013 - 06:34 AM.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!