I hope it's not $60, but I'll pay $60.

this

#23 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 January 2013 - 02:42 PM

If it is full price I shant be getting it until it drops down in price considerably. Which giving it is a Nintendo exclusive will no doubt take some time.

#24 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:00 PM

IDC about the price, because it is Zelda, I technical payed 250 dollars for ocarina of time remake on 3DS, so this isn't all that bad to me..

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#25 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:03 PM

IDC about the price, because it is Zelda, I technical payed 250 dollars for ocarina of time remake on 3DS, so this isn't all that bad to me..

How exactly? do tell :)
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#26 J.D.R

J.D.R

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 19 posts
  • Fandom:
    Doctor Who, Mario/Yoshi, F-Zero

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:08 PM

$60 is not horrible, but it's a little steep.

Edited by J.D.R, 27 January 2013 - 06:08 PM.

Posted Image

#27 BanjoKazooie

BanjoKazooie

Witch Slayer

• Members
  • 1,258 posts
  • Fandom:
    LOZ, Mario, Elder Scrolls

Posted 27 January 2013 - 06:20 PM

How exactly? do tell :)

I bought a 3DS just to play it, and it was the only game I had for it till last September, when I bought Mario 3D land and Mario Kart 7

post-1466-0-36015200-1348103349.png

I was once known here as KillerMario, but since I really like Banjo-Kazooie, I changed my display name to show them my respect :)

#28 MatrixChicken

MatrixChicken

Knock knock, Scootaloo...

• Members
  • 869 posts
  • NNID:MatrixChicken
  • Fandom:
    MLP:FiM, Mario, Star Wars... And more...

Posted 27 January 2013 - 08:18 PM

Lolwut guise. I seriously doubt all they did was copy and paste the models from the original and make some new textures. I'm sure there's plenty of other awesome stuff they did to it too. Considering all Wii U games (or at least the real ones :P) are $60, I see no problem with this.

Of course, I've never played the game, so maybe I'm just taking it in as a new game instead of a "remake".

splatoonmcsig2_zps010eb482.png

Deviantart: MatrixChicken | Youtube: ThunderFilmStudios | Twitter: @JohnAlBerge

Twitch.tv: ThunderFilms | Soundcloud: ScootriX

#29 JaylisJayP

JaylisJayP

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:23 AM

Even if it's $40, it won't be $40 for long. The remakes drop pretty quickly. The Doom 3 one could've been had for under $20 multiple times over the holidays.

#30 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:40 AM

I just assumed it would be anyway.

The game underwhelmed me from what I have played.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#31 Link707

Link707

Boo

• Members
  • 585 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, F-Zero, SSB, Mario etc.

Posted 28 January 2013 - 07:48 AM

Do you thing that maybe the dungeons are expanded along with the story... A remake not a remaster

Posted Image

#32 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:38 AM

Even if it's $40, it won't be $40 for long. The remakes drop pretty quickly. The Doom 3 one could've been had for under $20 multiple times over the holidays.

This is a Nintendo first party game we are talking about. That just isn't going to happen.

#33 WaddleDee

WaddleDee

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 10:46 AM

$60 is only a fraction of what the memories of that game mean to me.

I'd literally pay a thousand to play it again with modern-day technology.

#34 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:32 PM

I'm sorry but this game isn't remastered its remade, it deserves a full price for that extra work instead of upscaling the graphics and resolution for the game.
This game will be awesome the second time since I didn't finish the GameCube version this is most definitely in my WishList for 2013 purchases and I look forward to playing this game and hopefully many more Zelda Remakes. ^_^

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#35 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:20 AM

I personally don't mind paying full price for this game. I mean come on its a Zelda game in glorious HD!! Nuff sed.

#36 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:23 PM

I'm sorry but this game isn't remastered its remade, it deserves a full price for that extra work instead of upscaling the graphics and resolution for the game.
This game will be awesome the second time since I didn't finish the GameCube version this is most definitely in my WishList for 2013 purchases and I look forward to playing this game and hopefully many more Zelda Remakes. ^_^

Its not being remade its being remastered. They are not building and developing the game from the ground up which is the the definition of a remake. And no its not worth $60 as such. It should be priced at around $30-40.

#37 Dusean17

Dusean17

Blooper

• Members
  • 184 posts
  • Fandom:
    PATAPON | LBP | DIGIMON | ZELDA | KIRBY

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:31 PM

Its not being remade its being remastered. They are not building and developing the game from the ground up which is the the definition of a remake. And no its not worth $60 as such. It should be priced at around $30-40.

Well that is too bad, but still the price still stands and the improvements are still well over obvious so I don't really care. xD

PlayStationUnityampNintendoUnitySingleSi

To visit my Nintendo Channel click the link above, to visit my PlayStation Channel click here.

#38 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 01:41 PM

The differences so far only look like what you would get many times over from mods on pc. Hopefully there is more to it then a new updated look

#39 Gimbal

Gimbal

Abscond

• Members
  • 475 posts
  • NNID:Savoir
  • Fandom:
    School Rumble

Posted 29 January 2013 - 05:15 PM

This is one of my favorite games, in other words I played it before and it looked beautiful before. There's no point in buying it again.
"So if Zero Suit Samus is fanbait for guys, where is the fanbait for girls? Why isn’t Captain Falcon wearing a thong or sporting a chest twice the size of his last model? Why doesn’t Mario have an absurd crotch buldge holding in his 10 inch slice of manhood? Why doesn’t Yoshi look like a Fist of the North Starcharacter.

That, my friends, is why the design is sexist."~Angelo M. D'Argenio-4/17/2014

"Yes, because owning only 1 game in this series makes you qualified to have an opinion on it"~PyroKinesis-5/7/2014

"He is a game dev, critic, games media writer, and candidate for a phd by the way. So, LMFAO."~3Dude 9/4/2014

#40 prmtyme

prmtyme

Spiked Goomba

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 January 2013 - 06:06 PM

seeing as the ocarina and starfox remakes had 3ds releases at the retail 39.99 i bet this 59.99 is not placeholder and if not i have no problem with the price really

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!