Nintendo Land: 2.33 million

Wii hardware: 3.53 million
Wii software: 45.08 million
Mario Party 9: over 1 million

Nintendo DS hardware: 2.15 million
Nintendo DS software: 30.24 million
Pokemon Black and White 2: 7.63 million

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=510710

I don't see the Wii U selling 5 million units by March now.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 BobbyRiddle

BobbyRiddle

Thwomp

• Members
  • 326 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:31 AM

No way unless MH, Rayman, and Lego City move some serious units, and actually it was 5.5m :o

Edited by BobbyRiddle, 30 January 2013 - 06:31 AM.

Currently playing: AC 3, ZombiU, BLOPS 2, Nintendoland, NSMBU, Nano Assault Neo, Halo 4, Darksiders 2, and Far Cry 3

Wii U ID------BeMore

#3 Alex Atkin UK

Alex Atkin UK

Boo

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:54 AM

They DO have two more months, plus that target was set before several games got delayed so it would be pretty impressive if that didn't have an impact.

Even so, I think its foolish how the media is bring up the "Wii U is doomed" angle again lately, as 3 million seems pretty damn good to me, during a recession. When the Wii launched peoples finances were much MUCH better than today.

Lets see how things go when the new Xbox and Playstation launch. I would not be surprised if they make the same claims on them too.

Sheffield 3DS | Steam & XBOX: Alex Atkin UK | PSN & WiiU: AlexAtkinUK

How to improve the Wii U download speed.

#4 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 30 January 2013 - 07:02 AM

The thing is when the Wii was doing well the world was doing well, now pretty much every country is struggling so this won't help WiiU sales.

Lets see the price of the new PS4/Xbox720 and see how many they sell???

Lol just seen the post above - so exactly agree.

Edited by Pjsprojects, 30 January 2013 - 07:03 AM.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:02 AM

Lets see how things go when the new Xbox and Playstation launch. I would not be surprised if they make the same claims on them too.

A million PS4's sold ! an excellent milestone, just 6 months after launch! The best launch in history!
3 million xbox720's sold just 6 months after launch! A faster sales speed than any other console this generation!

I do believe it's a double standard, but I think it's something Nintendo partially set themselves up for.
They set the target at the same consumer as the wii,
Gamecube sold 4.4 million on average per year of its lifecycle, so in just 4 months they'll probably reach that little goal.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:25 AM

I think their goal should be 4 million by march.. that's realistic.
No sig.

#7 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 08:31 AM

It's doing better than I expected. And I also heard that Nintendo is profitable (gotta be careful not to say porfitaroll like last time *FACEPALM*). Good on them! :)

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#8 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:16 AM

I dont care!!! i just want to play great games :)

#9 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:20 AM

Those are some good numbers. :)
Posted Image

#10 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 09:29 AM

well hopefully if they reach their goal, itll push third parties to put the games on the system

Edited by Cozmo, 30 January 2013 - 09:29 AM.

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 10:14 AM

I dont care!!! i just want to play great games :)

That's all very well for you to say but if the hardware sales are not good enough in the first place then you won't be playing those great anyway. You should care and be concerned how the hardware does as it will determine what games and how many games get released for it.

#12 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

That's all very well for you to say but if the hardware sales are not good enough in the first place then you won't be playing those great anyway. You should care and be concerned how the hardware does as it will determine what games and how many games get released for it.

Well im sorry but im affraid i dont get into all this sales poop that happens EVERY TIME a console launches as i dont get into all the console war poop people do.

#13 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:05 PM

Well im sorry but im affraid i dont get into all this sales poop that happens EVERY TIME a console launches as i dont get into all the console war poop people do.

Is that so, then explain why you are in this thread to begin with.

#14 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:08 PM

In which case since you don't care about the sales if they are for example much lower then expected and the big quality AAA titles don't get released on the Wii U you won't care either as they go hand in hand. Don't come complaining if this were to happen.

I agree with the console wars aspect which is ridiculous and unneccesary but you obviously don't have a clue that if the hardware doesn't sell well then the games won't come and you might end up with an expensive door stop.

#15 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

that says they sold 3mil by december. eather the info is off, or you read it wrong.

by end of january, 3mil would be ruffly on track for 5.5mil sales goal at the end of march. 3mil at the end of december would have them at there goal before march.

Hardware Ap-Jn Jl-Sp Oc-Dc Ja-Mr FY LTD

FY 2012/13 - - 3.06 - 3.06 3.06

3.06 million sold by december 31st. jan-march quarter has not been released yet.

Edited by tboss, 30 January 2013 - 12:26 PM.

#16 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 30 January 2013 - 02:31 PM

that says they sold 3mil by december. eather the info is off, or you read it wrong.

by end of january, 3mil would be ruffly on track for 5.5mil sales goal at the end of march. 3mil at the end of december would have them at there goal before march.

Hardware Ap-Jn Jl-Sp Oc-Dc Ja-Mr FY LTD

FY 2012/13 - - 3.06 - 3.06 3.06

3.06 million sold by december 31st. jan-march quarter has not been released yet.

Not gonna take the time to double check if your info is correct however You seem to be quite optimistic and I like that :3

#17 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 30 January 2013 - 03:14 PM

I'm pretty confident that Nintendo can reach at least 4 to 4.5 million sales before March, Yes that is quite far off their target but it's doing better than other console launches.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#18 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:10 PM

Didn't they slash thier forcast from 5 Million to 4 Million today?

#19 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

Didn't they slash thier forcast from 5 Million to 4 Million today?

if the forcast is for by march. and there isnt much of a reason to buy until march... then it makes some sence. as for march31st. they will probly beat 4mil.

#20 Jacob

Jacob

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 442 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 06:10 PM

Interesting because I'm one of those millions -_-

JxkHfIT.png

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!