YA HOMIE.

• Members
  • 4,410 posts
  • NNID:zinixzero
  • Fandom:
    The Twilight Zone Fandom

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:10 AM

Translation of ITmedia report follows:

At an analysts' meeting on the 31st, Nintendo President Satoru Iwata (53) implied that there is a possibility that he may resign if he is unable to achieve 100 billion yen (US$1.09963 billion) in operating income for the next fiscal year. The company had recently revised its forecast for operating income for the full year ending March 31, 2013 to -20 billion yen (US$220.144 million), making the goal a high hurdle. Iwata aimed to appeal to investors by putting himself on the line to recover the business.

President Iwata, having seen 2 consecutive years of losses, apologized by saying, "We feel greatly accountable for this severe outlook." He further explained that the basis of meeting the goal by saying, "...we plan to actively release our key titles for Nintendo 3DS which could potentially lead the markets this year."

In the midst of sluggish sales for the next-generation home console Wii U released last year, Iwata also indicated that portable and home console development groups would be merged.

When asked how he would take responsibility if the goal is not met, Iwata emphasized his strong determination by saying, "Please understand that [achieving it] is my commitment."

Iwata, formerly the president of a development company making games for Nintendo, was selected in 2002 at the young age of 43 by former Nintendo President Hiroshi Yamauchi, being called a person who had skill in both game development and administration.

Shares of Nintendo stock were sold off on the Osaka Securities Exchange on the 31st, at one point falling 530 yen from the previous close to 8820 yen.

http://www.nintendo....0131/index.html
http://www.neogaf.co...=1#post47121316

Keyword is "may", but it probably could happen. I'd be sad if Iwata left Nintendo.

Edited by Zinix, 31 January 2013 - 06:11 AM.

“Any state, any entity, any ideology that fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of man, that state is obsolete.”— Rod Serling, “The Twilight Zone” The Obsolete Man

Smoke meth. Hail Satan. Watch the yearly Twilight Zone marathons. Talk to dead people. Everyone is gay. Ignore people. Live life to the fullest.

#2 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:30 AM

An honourable thing to do

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#3 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 06:39 AM

I would be bummed if he left he such a creative and unique person (from what I've been told), heck he could be the one reason nintendos done well for all i know (excluding Miyamoto), but i know 91 yen = 1 US dollar so that is kind of reassuring since they get a large portion of their income from the US

wjapt2.jpg

#4 Insanity_Boi

Insanity_Boi

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda Mario Metroid Mario Kart

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:12 AM

Id hate to see Iwata leave Nintendo.

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

He's been a pretty bad ceo though.
Making losses even though his company was leading the generation with a gross profit on their hardware.
He could stand to manage the income they expect more and keep his expectations within reason.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Mushlikeahusky

Mushlikeahusky

Thwomp

• Members
  • 339 posts
  • Fandom:
    Banjo Kazooie

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:24 AM

Leaves and joins Sony. hahaha
Posted Image

#7 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:29 AM

He took a paycut instead of firing people so thats pretty noble as well. Not gonna lie thats a pretty large goal but the zelda games may turn this to a triumph. I mean two zelda in a yearvawesomeness icwould hate tocsee him go

#8 BlueBlur

BlueBlur

Code Breaker!

• Members
  • 726 posts
  • NNID:Pokemaster94
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, Mario, and Sonic the Hedgehog

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:31 AM

Wow this is pretty drastic i'd hate to see Iwata go but there are some methods Nintendo can take save sales in the west...

Wii U: Better or more communication with third-party devs and less gaps between game releases.

3DS: Pretty much nothing, AC, Luigi's Mansion and Fire Emblem should hold sales steady then once Pokemon X and Y arrive 3DS sales will explode.

Edited by Big Bowsy, 31 January 2013 - 07:33 AM.

#9 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:32 AM

Oh and cant forget about mario

#10 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:33 AM

I'd imagine they'll make that much in profit, especially if they're to release a 3D Mario/Mario Kart/3DS Zelda title this year.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#11 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:43 AM

He took a paycut instead of firing people so thats pretty noble as well. Not gonna lie thats a pretty large goal but the zelda games may turn this to a triumph. I mean two zelda in a yearvawesomeness icwould hate tocsee him go

The thing is, Windwaker is being released because the new Zelda "will take time", so i wouldnt expect it until 2014 at the earliest. Plus, a remake of a gamecube game isnt really going to sell consoles.

Edited by Hunter, 31 January 2013 - 07:44 AM.

#12 Alph

Alph

Koppai's Best

• Members
  • 1,246 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 08:20 AM

I would hate to see him go. But I guess this time it's goodbye Iwata (hopefully not).

Hi, my name is Alph. I live on a planet named Koppai. I am famous for saving my planet from starvation. My best friends are Brittany and Captain Olimar, NOT Captain Charlie. I like surfing the KopNet and playing Kopetball.

#13 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:50 AM

I think Nintendo can bounce back, with a strong year for 3DS coming up and impending game launches on the Wii U - this can be a huge year for Nintendo. I think the only thing that could potentially dampen it would be is the Nextboxps4 have holiday releases this year..however I highly doubt that. Nintendo needs some big launches for the holidays on the Wii U especially. If they do - they will pull out of this year just fine. If Iwata does step down, I pray we get someone as charismatic and hands on as he is, and knows what he is doing.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#14 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:05 AM

I like Iwata and hope that things can turnaround for the better. If anyone needs to go, it's Reggie. He's completely clueless. VC releases in NA have been a joke and fans had to create a movement(O:R) just to get Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower over here. Reggie's good for internet memes and that's about it. NOA needs someone who knows games and understands the fans. Reggie doesn't.
Posted Image

#15 Cozmo

Cozmo

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 630 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:32 AM

gonna see how this plays out. im too poor to get a wiiu atm and probably will be for quite sometime. i havent been paying attention to this stuff till just very recently. so i dont know how iwata is. i saw a couple nintendo directs and thought they were brilliant ideas but thats about it.

Edited by Cozmo, 31 January 2013 - 10:32 AM.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 07:34 PM

Oh no this man is a legend, his english is amazing toooooooooooooooooooooooo

#17 CUD

CUD

Super Saiyan Dingus

• Members
  • 1,337 posts
  • NNID:CUDesu
  • Fandom:
    Gaben

Posted 31 January 2013 - 09:54 PM

An honourable thing to do

The honourable thing to do would be death by seppuku.

This statement is false. The previous statement is true.

RIP in peace Nintendo.

cCIImXL.png

#18 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:00 PM

I like Iwata and hope that things can turnaround for the better. If anyone needs to go, it's Reggie. He's completely clueless. VC releases in NA have been a joke and fans had to create a movement(O:R) just to get Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower over here. Reggie's good for internet memes and that's about it. NOA needs someone who knows games and understands the fans. Reggie doesn't.

I don't think he's body will be ready for that :)
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#19 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 31 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

The honourable thing to do would be death by seppuku.

That would be over reacting ;)

But I'm serious, Nintendo's management always blame themselves, punish themselves by reducing their personal income.

I don't know many CEO that are like that. They always blame a group, we, the management, marketing, the market, news, media or even costumers.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#20 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 01:17 AM

goodbye mr iwata

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!