• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:57 AM

Just wanted to know a few things from the gaming community.

1.How do you feel about this?
2.Do you know this band?
3.If you think going on Youtube to publicly apologize to a fans you don't even know on a mutual-personal level is right?

Just give me general feedback, I just want to see if you are shocked or not stunned by this act. Also keep it casual as I don't want any problems. Thank you for your co-operation.

Here is link to the article
http://kotaku.com/59.../?post=56938532

Also Mods and Co, if someone has posted this can you please delete it.

#2 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:19 AM

Sure she may be going through problems and thats serious stuff but I found it funny how she is copying Britney. Of course it may just be a publicity stunt as the report said it could be.

Edited by FallenSaturn, 03 February 2013 - 04:21 AM.

Signature_DK.png

#3 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 03 February 2013 - 07:42 AM

This article really pissed me off I LOVE AKB48 and it just so happens that Minami is my favorite. The problem I have with media and this kind of thing is that famous people are people to. They have the right to sleep with whoever, drink with whoever, but because people with no lives and cameras like to stalk them to get "dirt" they have to deal with this kind of crap. She isn't the Spears of Japan, she did it because of how dishonored she felt over the whole incident.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#4 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

This article really pissed me off I LOVE AKB48 and it just so happens that Minami is my favorite. The problem I have with media and this kind of thing is that famous people are people to. They have the right to sleep with whoever, drink with whoever, but because people with no lives and cameras like to stalk them to get "dirt" they have to deal with this kind of crap. She isn't the Spears of Japan, she did it because of how dishonored she felt over the whole incident.

Everyone hold honor in a high regard but in different ways so you right TrickySonic. This does kinda question these people and the price of fame and who they operate with them. Shame the parents didn't say anything.

Sure she may be going through problems and thats serious stuff but I found it funny how she is copying Britney. Of course it may just be a publicity stunt as the report said it could be.

Yes it's weird but apparently it's pretty common in Japan with the Men who have cheated. Now I ask the question where is the man in all this and why did he not shave his hair also?

#5 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:55 AM

Idols aren't people in Japan, it's serious business.
A lot of otaku are pretty crazy and record companies take the money they would or not spend very seriously.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#6 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:22 PM

Yes it's weird but apparently it's pretty common in Japan with the Men who have cheated. Now I ask the question where is the man in all this and why did he not shave his hair also?

Right, you're not familiar with how idol groups work.

AKB48 has a really strict no-dating policy. If any member violates this rule, they receive the boot (aka they leave the group or the whole idol buisiness). This head shaving incident is actually unprecedented as far as I know, so I'm assuming that Minegishi was perhaps coerced into doing this to stay in the group. There's more to this though. As Nollog states, this is serious business. Minegishi staying at another guys place not only places some amount of shame on herself, but on her entire group. When the people get a hold of this information, they automatically assume the worst case scenario with the group and potential sales drop. Again, this is actually pretty new; normally she'd just be kicked out of the group, but I suppose she wanted to stay a while longer so she agreed to do this.

And boy idols have similar policies too. We don't know what the guy was subject too.

All in all, idol life is hard.

#7 Occult Satanist

Occult Satanist

Tenzō of the Wood Release

• Members
  • 814 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

To be honest these met downs happen due to an immense amount of stress and people not leaving the poor souls alone

wjapt2.jpg

#8 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:52 PM

Right, you're not familiar with how idol groups work.

AKB48 has a really strict no-dating policy. If any member violates this rule, they receive the boot (aka they leave the group or the whole idol buisiness). This head shaving incident is actually unprecedented as far as I know, so I'm assuming that Minegishi was perhaps coerced into doing this to stay in the group. There's more to this though. As Nollog states, this is serious business. Minegishi staying at another guys place not only places some amount of shame on herself, but on her entire group. When the people get a hold of this information, they automatically assume the worst case scenario with the group and potential sales drop. Again, this is actually pretty new; normally she'd just be kicked out of the group, but I suppose she wanted to stay a while longer so she agreed to do this.

And boy idols have similar policies too. We don't know what the guy was subject too.

All in all, idol life is hard.

General life is hard :mellow:.This sounds like they have a lack of social intelligence(Not you the people who support them). Also the Idols are just basically BoyBands and GirlsBands with a set of higher requirements to getting into.

Idols aren't people in Japan, it's serious business.
A lot of otaku are pretty crazy and record companies take the money they would or not spend very seriously.

Also the same in America right?

To be honest these met downs happen due to an immense amount of stress and people not leaving the poor souls alone

Yer it's tough but it the contract that is worries me. While it's in enforced people with try and seduce girls/boys in idol groups and use photographs against them.

Edited by Ghost, 03 February 2013 - 01:53 PM.

#9 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm not saying life in general is "easy" - They could always just choose an easier lifestyle and not be an idol. Minegishi has been a part of the group since the beginning - That's a long enough time for her to know how this game works. But one needs to understand the purpose of even joining this type of business. Superficially, it's all about fame and fortune, but being an idol sets up a potential future for those in the industry. The idol career is analogous to a specialized type of university. The idols start at a young age, and build up the personality/fame necessary to graduate. From that point, the idols can live a much more "normal" life doing a solo music career, acting, or participating in various television programs as guests or perhaps hosts. There are many former graduate idols who have carved themselves out very long and successful careers in entertainment.

One could argue that all of these girls (and guys too I 'spose) don't understand what they're subjecting themselves to by doing this, but there a few instances where idols are caught admitting to how messed up this is, only for them to be kicked out soon after. Some of these idols realize what they're doing, and continue doing it regardless of the amount of work and effort necessary to maintain their positions.

No.

A lot of our teenage idols are able to date whoever they want and have so much more freedom compared to an idol. Selena Gomez is probably the best example I can think of right now. So long as they don't get caught doing drugs or become pregnant, they generally fine. Heck, Kristen Stewart was caught cheating on Robert Pattinson, and she didn't have to shave her head and record it. She's still as popular as ever.

Edited by Lain, 03 February 2013 - 02:13 PM.

#10 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:18 PM

I'm not saying life in general is "easy" - They could always just choose an easier lifestyle and not be an idol. Minegishi has been a part of the group since the beginning - That's a long enough time for her to know how this game works. But one needs to understand the purpose of even joining this type of business. Superficially, it's all about fame and fortune, but being an idol sets up a potential future for those in the industry. The idol career is analogous to a specialized type of university. The idols start at a young age, and build up the personality/fame necessary to graduate. From that point, the idols can live a much more "normal" life doing a solo music career, acting, or participating in various television programs as guests or perhaps hosts. There are many former graduate idols who have carved themselves out very long and successful careers in entertainment.

One could argue that all of these girls (and guys too I 'spose) don't understand what they're subjecting themselves to by doing this, but there a few instances where idols are caught admitting to how messed up this is, only for them to be kicked out soon after. Some of these idols realize what they're doing, and continue doing it regardless of the amount of work and effort necessary to maintain their positions.

Ok real question. Do you support her action to cutting her hair or are you against it?

Also if she had a long-time in this group she must have thought about what she could lose if she sleeps with the guy?

#11 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

Ok real question. Do you support her action to cutting her hair or are you against it?

Also if she had a long-time in this group she must have thought about what she could lose if she sleeps with the guy?

I don't support shaving your head. I don't mind if she did a regular apology, but this is an extreme action to take.

And yeah, it's certainly true that she knew she'd be in trouble if she got caught doing that. But people slip up. Plus, contrary to popular belief, this isn't the first time an idol was caught having a relationship of this nature. In fact, it's happened several times in the past. There's a lot I don't know. Like her reason for not leaving. At this point, I'm just speculating as to why she did some of her actions. I'm mostly here to point out some background information because I don't think a lot of members here are familiar with the idol life.

Edited by Lain, 03 February 2013 - 02:25 PM.

#12 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:24 PM

No.

A lot of our teenage idols are able to date whoever they want and have so much more freedom compared to an idol. Selena Gomez is probably the best example I can think of right now. So long as they don't get caught doing drugs or become pregnant, they generally fine. Heck, Kristen Stewart was caught cheating on Robert Pattinson, and she didn't have to shave her head and record it. She's still as popular as ever.

Justin Bieber level of hotness on the market decrease after he went out with Selena Gomez for a while. Also One Direction fandom is not so keen on them dating.

#13 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Justin Bieber level of hotness on the market decrease after he went out with Selena Gomez for a while. Also One Direction fandom is not so keen on them dating.

Here's the thing though - He still has a career in the industry. In Japan, they'd put a lot of effort into erasing his existence. The point is that they have more room to live a normal life.

#14 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Here's the thing though - He still has a career in the industry. In Japan, they'd put a lot of effort into erasing his existence. The point is that they have more room to live a normal life.

I have not disagree that Justin has a more of a chance to a normal life then a Idol. What I trying to say is that you can find this level of crazy in America not just Japan or South Korea.

#15 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:47 PM

You think?

In America, getting caught smoking or having a boyfriend/girlfriend is generally boring gossip. Maybe for a couple of people it'll be big news for a few days, but it's not going to kill careers outright. I wasn't even talking about South Korea haha. In any case, sure you're going to find idols in any part of the world "slipping up," but how it's perceived by the public is largely dependent on the culture they entertain. I'm led to believe that Japan's perception of these violations is far different than those in America.

Edited by Lain, 03 February 2013 - 02:47 PM.

#16 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

You think?

In America, getting caught smoking or having a boyfriend/girlfriend is generally boring gossip. Maybe for a couple of people it'll be big news for a few days, but it's not going to kill careers outright. I wasn't even talking about South Korea haha. In any case, sure you're going to find idols in any part of the world "slipping up," but how it's perceived by the public is largely dependent on the culture they entertain. I'm led to believe that Japan's perception of these violations is far different than those in America.

What about Justin Bieber's scandal thing about him smoking pot and his choice friends? I ain't talking about management wiping out Idol's existence because Japan beats America on that easily. But fans are clearly on the same level of crazy or cray(What ever you want to call it).

#17 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

I'm not disputing that at all.

I'm arguing that Japan's treatment of their idols is more severe. If we want to talk about fans, then yes, any 'ol fan can be crazy and it doesn't have to be restricted by nationality.

Edited by Lain, 03 February 2013 - 03:11 PM.

#18 Ghost

Ghost

BASEDGOD

• Members
  • 376 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

I'm not disputing that at all.

I'm arguing that Japan's treatment of their idols is more severe. If we want to talk about fans, then yes, any 'ol fan can be crazy and it doesn't have to be restricted by nationality.

Sorry went to order a pizza for the superbowl. Also I saw how you laugh when I mention South Korea.

Read your comment about Japan severe treatment and it fan's crazy not being restricted to nationality, you just judge a nationality trying to speak about Japan treatment of idols.

The problem is that this over the top an apology would have sorted this whole mess out quickly.

Edited by Emperor, 03 February 2013 - 04:20 PM.

#19 Lain

Lain

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:34 PM

Sorry went to order a pizza for the superbowl. Also I saw how you laugh when I mention South Korea.

Read your comment about Japan severe treatment and it fan's crazy not being restricted to nationality, you just judge a nationality trying to speak about Japan treatment of idols.

The problem is that this over the top an apology would have sorted this whole mess out quickly.

What?

I honestly have no idea what you're trying to state with this post.

#20 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 03 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

No.
If she was smoking canabis, it'd be the end of her career, not just a meme on the internet.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!