Photo

Ways to boost Wii U sales without a price cut!

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:50 AM

One of the things Nintendo could definitely do to increase sales without a price-cut is bundling Re-bundling the systems by having the 'basic' white with a pre-loaded NintendoLand @ $299.99; while the 'Deluxe' would be re-bundled with a pro-controller along with NintendoLand and Trine 2/Nano Assault or even NSMBU pre-loaded on the system for $349.99 would really boost sales. Until the inevitable price cut following the release of PS4/720 this winter holiday.($249.99 for Basic no game and $299.99 for Deluxe as is now) This would help alleviate the financial burden of a price-cut and would be a more acceptable alternative that early adopters may tolerate.

Edited by ElderKnight77, 09 February 2013 - 12:51 AM.

#2 GAMER1984

GAMER1984

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,036 posts
  • NNID:gamer1984
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:52 AM

bring the games we want.... simple.

#3 Zombies8MyDuck

Zombies8MyDuck

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Zombies8MyDuck
  • Fandom:
    Animal Crossing

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:54 AM

bring the games we want.... simple.

#4 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:05 AM

I doubt there will be a price cut following the launches of the PS4 and 720. Nintendo is already selling the Wii U at a loss.

As for the bundles, it's a smart idea. I like the Deluxe Wii U + ZombiU + Nintendo Land + Pro Controller bundle!

Edited by Dragon, 09 February 2013 - 01:05 AM.

Posted Image

#5 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

your fighting for no prics cut?
i work hard for my money and i save every dollar i can and ur trying to find ways for them not to price cut??? you sir are an idiot!!

#6 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:20 AM

i work hard for my money and i save every dollar i can and ur trying to find ways for them not to price cut??? you sir are an idiot!!

First of all..please don't call me an idiot. You know nothing about me to even imply that. You could call my post dumb...even idiotic; but personal remarks are unwarranted. Second, the post says alternative ways because Iwata stated that the Wii U was not going to get a price cut. I merely presented an 'ALTERNATIVE' to a price cut that would/could appease both early adopters and incite new buyers to the console (no need to get personal; we all work hard for our money).

#7 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

First of all..please don't call me an idiot. You know nothing about me to even imply that. You could call my post dumb...even idiotic; but personal remarks are unwarranted. Second, the post says alternative ways because Iwata stated that the Wii U was not going to get a price cut. I merely presented an 'ALTERNATIVE' to a price cut that would/could appease both early adopters and incite new buyers to the console (no need to get personal; we all work hard for our money).

First of all, nice reaction! People need to stop giving each other stupid names.

Then, i agree, Nintendo could pack in more free software. As long as it's their own software it would not cost them too much. But hardware or preloaded software of third parties would cost N a huge amount, which they don't want to spend otherwise they'd done a price cut.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#8 Ambidextrous

Ambidextrous

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:19 AM

Elderknight welldone for not reacting. I think eskimo_Sam you need to work on your people skills. I do not think elder knights post was idiotic at all.. as stated Nintendo have continuously said there is not going to be a price cut for the Wii U so elder knights worked off this principle to find alternative ways in which Nintendo could gain more customers. However for in the current market I don't think Nintendo can gain any foothold without taking some sort of a hit unless they actually bring out games that people want. This whole keeping everything under lock and key is hurting them a lot more than they think... Especially now that software releases have dried up and this recent debacle with Rayman legends being delayed for the dumbest reason, albeit that's an issue with Ubisoft, hasn't helped... If people are made to wait till E3 for further announcements etc then Nintendo is being its own worst enemy.

#9 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

ok i apoligize for calling you an idiot. it just pisses me off that nintendo continue to take a dump on there fans. enough is enough nintendo should quit hardware and just do there games. im sick of buying there consoles to play 2-3 games then hav to buy another to play all the others its ridiculos. god damn you nintendo im sick of sticking up for you!! and yes i cant spell!!

#10 Dragon

Dragon

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,070 posts
  • Fandom:
    Playing my Wii U!

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

ok i apoligize for calling you an idiot. it just pisses me off that nintendo continue to take a dump on there fans. enough is enough nintendo should quit hardware and just do there games. im sick of buying there consoles to play 2-3 games then hav to buy another to play all the others its ridiculos. god damn you nintendo im sick of sticking up for you!! and yes i cant spell!!

When Nintendo leaves the hardware business is when they stop making games.

And just how exactly did they "take a dump" on their fans?

Posted Image

#11 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:24 AM

One of the things Nintendo could definitely do to increase sales without a price-cut is bundling Re-bundling the systems by having the 'basic' white with a pre-loaded NintendoLand @ $299.99; while the 'Deluxe' would be re-bundled with a pro-controller along with NintendoLand and Trine 2/Nano Assault or even NSMBU pre-loaded on the system for $349.99 would really boost sales. Until the inevitable price cut following the release of PS4/720 this winter holiday.($249.99 for Basic no game and $299.99 for Deluxe as is now) This would help alleviate the financial burden of a price-cut and would be a more acceptable alternative that early adopters may tolerate.

As I responded to you in the other thread.

What makes you so sure there will be a price cut once the new consoles are released are you just guessing. Just because new consoles are released doesn't mean there will be an inevitable price drop.

#12 Nollog

Nollog

Chain Chomp

• Banned
  • 776 posts
  • NNID:Nollog
  • Fandom:
    Creepy Stalker Girl

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

Fix the economy, that'll boost sales.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/HTMLPurifier/HTMLPurifier/DefinitionCache/Serializer.php:133) in /home/thewiiu/public_html/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328
{"success":1,"post":"\n\n
\n\t\t<\/a>\n\t\t\n\t\n\t\t\n\t\t
\n\t\t\t\n\t\t\t\t

#13 Zonark

Zonark

Blooper

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:02 AM

Or they could manufacture a cheap external hdd with 1tb of data and sell it for 80 bucks 10 under other drives. They would only make a small percentage on the hdds but gamers and pc users would buy it for the cheaper price bringing more profit faster

I personally buy external drives normally because I have found it to be cheaper than buying a regular drive and the I can turn around and sell the enclosure

#14 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

that will do the same thing as a pricecut =/. but putting all into 1 tag will probly make people less likly to buy to the 300 pricetag instead of a 250+50.

but i do think they should start including a wiimote+numbchuck and later on a normal pro controler with the wiiU.

#15 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:34 AM

Releasing games will do the trick. Or just announcing them. Just look at how many people said they had to get a wii u when x comes out.

Nintendo is going to be announcing unheard of games a trickle at a time up till e3.

unfortunately as of right now, unless you were a wii only owner, there is absolutely nothing for wii u right now.

Man would be a brilliant time to release a unique quality game, what with no competition on the platform whatsoever, and no big competing releases on other platforms.

People would jump all over it.

Edited by 3Dude, 09 February 2013 - 07:35 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#16 Scumbag

Scumbag

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

Looks like the op is psychic, Nintendo including a Pro Controller and ZombiU in the deluxe:

http://www.ubergizmo...tarting-feb-17/

#17 Eskimo_sam

Eskimo_sam

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 259 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

When Nintendo leaves the hardware business is when they stop making games.
And just how exactly did they "take a dump" on their fans?

ive been following wii u since e3 2011 followed the news religously and its been dissapointment after dissapointment in my eyes.

#18 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Nintendo needs to fix its marketing campaign. They are making the Sega Saturn's campaign look boss right now.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#19 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

i work hard for my money and i save every dollar i can and ur trying to find ways for them not to price cut??? YOU SIR ARE AN IDIOT!

Oh, the irony.

#20 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 09 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

How about they actually advertise the thing, I no i have said it multiple times but up until and after the launch i think i have only seen one TV advertisement ever for the wii u here in aus. And other than EB games putting up posters etc i haven't seen any bus shelters with posters or the likes. Hell if i was Nintendo i would be spamming the crap out of Social media advertising.

Edited by cannonshane, 09 February 2013 - 06:07 PM.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!