umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Most of us are upset about rayman legends, and i understand, to some degree I'm upset too.
But my question is, come September, is it more important for Wii-u owners to show support and make sure they buy the game so that the sales reflect well on wii-u, or should not buying, showing no support to ubisoft prove more of a point?

When publishers do things like this, it makes me not want to support them, however, if everyone supports rayman and the sales reflect well on wii-u, it would be really support nintendo and the wii-u's cause.

thoughts?

#2 Manni01

Manni01

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:49 PM

I am in the same aspect but i will buy the game to show that we still care about 3rd party also rayman still looks relly good so ima have to buy it

#3 CookieEpic

CookieEpic

Blooper

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mostly Cave Story

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Yeah, i will. but i'm still bummed about the whole "Rayman is no longer exclusive" thing.

86c.gif

#4 SolxBurst

SolxBurst

Okami Amaterasu

• Writers
  • 630 posts
  • NNID:SolxBurst
  • Fandom:
    Okami, Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

I'm bummed, and I'm sad about the release date push. But I will still support those who put in so much hard work for this game.

This is a quote from a developer for Rayman Legends who anonymously ranted about it:

“If you’re p*****, imagine how we feel. Think on the situation, we’ve been making overtime with this game practically since May preparing E3, and then almost a demo per month (Gamescom, Wii U presentation, shops, eShop, etc…) and at the same time trying to actually finish the game.”
“We had a first delay because it was obvious we couldn’t finish on time but we gave it all to be there on February. What face do you think we had when the week we had to close the game we’re being told it’s not going to be released? I couldn’t believe it.”

“For us, this means we’ve spent six months barely seeing our wives, kids, and friends for nothing because, after all, such a haste wasn’t needed. Believe it, it was a hell to swallow this news.”

‘”Rayman Legends is an excellent game and will still be, and the team that’s making it doesn’t deserve to have your back turned on them just because some men in ties one day took a wrong choice.”

“This industry is really that horse scat**.”

I support this guy, and so I will still buy the game... And its a darn good game...

2jd1178.jpg

"...A well written villain is a hero in his/her own world..."

#5 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Nope !

I have already cancelled my order for Rayman Legends.

I will NOT be re-ordering it either, i will have other games to play in September on my Wii U & i will also have GTA V to play on my X360, i will not have either the time or money to buy Rayman, i would of brought it in the next few weeks though.

Ubisoft have nobody else to blame but themselves for this mess.

I understand your point of view, but Ubisoft don't care how many it sells on the Wii U, because don't forget Rayman Legends was going to be a release game for the Wii U & shops had demo units of it & the user-base on release was unknown, so it seems strange now that they are worried about not many people on the Wii U buying it, the user-base might be bigger for the Wii U in September but there will be many other games for it released by then & as i mentioned above there will be games for other systems as-well, just how many Wii U owners have either a PS3 or X360 (i have both myself & a gaming PC) many of these will be buying GTA V for the X360/PS3, as much as i enjoy playing my Wii U it won't be getting much use when GTA V is released i am afraid to say, this goes for everyone else who was going to buy Rayman Legends this month.

The units sold for the Wii U are now forever changed & the true figure will never be known because of this decision by Ubisoft, reading what everyone is saying just say there was going to be 50,000 copies sold on the Wii U in the first month (February - March) & the numbers i have seen that have said they are not going to buy Rayman is about 80% so that is 40,000, so if in September - October when the game is released the Wii U version will sell 40,000 less, so it could only sell 10,000 copies on the Wii U & everyone seems to doubt the figures will be high on the PS3 & X360 because Rayman Origins only sold 50,000 & Legends will be up against GTA V.

I only ordered the game on the back of the demo, which i have now deleted, i won't be downloading the new 'exclusive' demo either, i think most people would still boycott the game even if Ubisoft changed their mind & released in two weeks time, i feel a little sorry for the developers but they themselves have said what the industry is like so they know better than us what really goes on, Ubisoft made their bed so they can lie in it.

If you really do want to buy Rayman Legends then buy is used / second hand or wait a month or two after release & buy it when they have had to lower the price, the only way to fight them is to vote with your wallet, Ubisoft don't care about us gamer's & they don't care about the Wii U.

Edited by alan666, 09 February 2013 - 04:29 PM.

#6 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 09 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

Nope !

I have already cancelled my order for Rayman Legends.

I will NOT be re-ordering it either, i will have other games to play in September on my Wii U & i will also have GTA V to play on my X360, i will not have either the time or money to buy Rayman, i would of brought it in the next few weeks though.

Ubisoft have nobody else to blame but themselves for this mess.

I understand your point of view, but Ubisoft don't care how many it sells on the Wii U, because don't forget Rayman Legends was going to be a release game for the Wii U & shops had demo units of it & the user-base on release was unknown, so it seems strange now that they are worried about not many people on the Wii U buying it, the user-base might be bigger for the Wii U in September but there will be many other games for it released by then & as i mentioned above there will be games for other systems as-well, just how many Wii U owners have either a PS3 or X360 (i have both myself & a gaming PC) many of these will be buying GTA V for the X360/PS3, as much as i enjoy playing my Wii U it won't be getting much use when GTA V is released i am afraid to say, this goes for everyone else who was going to buy Rayman Legends this month.

The units sold for the Wii U are now forever changed & the true figure will never be known because of this decision by Ubisoft, reading what everyone is saying just say there was going to be 50,000 copies sold on the Wii U in the first month (February - March) & the numbers i have seen that have said they are not going to buy Rayman is about 80% so that is 40,000, so if in September - October when the game is released the Wii U version will sell 40,000 less, so it could only sell 10,000 copies on the Wii U & everyone seems to doubt the figures will be high on the PS3 & X360 because Rayman Origins only sold 50,000 & Legends will be up against GTA V.

I only ordered the game on the back of the demo, which i have now deleted, i won't be downloading the new 'exclusive' demo either, i think most people would still boycott the game even if Ubisoft changed their mind & released in two weeks time, i feel a little sorry for the developers but they themselves have said what the industry is like so they know better than us what really goes on, Ubisoft made their bed so they can lie in it.

If you really do want to buy Rayman Legends then buy is used / second hand or wait a month or two after release & buy it when they have had to lower the price, the only way to fight them is to vote with your wallet, Ubisoft don't care about us gamer's & they don't care about the Wii U.

Respect. More than likely, i will wait till the game drops to $30 or less. I never bought rayman origins, so I'm not in need of this game, i just wanted it because it is good, and i want more wii-u games. But agreed, in September, there's no time or money for this game.

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:40 PM

No support for the game. Great game.
But that's not what this is about.
It's a bully tactic from a third party Nintendo has heavily partnered with.
In short, it's a betrayal by ubi to Nintendo.

They complain about install base and then do nothing to contribute. Even though it's in their power. Not only have they already spent the money to make the game, it's complete. Yet they go back on their word in terms of release. The wii u did have a certain emphasis put on this particular game as a selling point.

Can't support that.

And after the next Mario is shown, I doubt snyone wants Raymsn. They missed out on a golden opportunity and made Nintendo and gamers pay for something that neither has done wrong.

Edited by Socalmuscle, 09 February 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#8 Chaz

Chaz

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pikmin, Animal Crossing

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:56 PM

They complain about install base and then do nothing to contribute. Even though it's in their power. Not only have they already spent the money to make the game, it's complete. Yet they go back on their word in terms of release. The wii u did have a certain emphasis put on this particular game as a selling point.

Spot-on.

Ubi has no reason to run their mouth anymore about Nintendo's audience and poor sales of their games. I think most of us expected that this would eventually get ported already, but to delay the game like this is just a middle finger to Nintendo.

#9 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:04 PM

I'm certainly still buying the game. Not buying the game hurts the devs, the people who worked their behinds off for the past few months making this great game. So if you're boycotting the game and not buying it, think of the devs who are already going to have problems with the September release. It;s really just the higher ups at Ubisoft we should be mad at, yet there's really no known way to boycott them yet.

#10 Abcdude

Abcdude

Cool Dude of Letters

• Members
  • 1,239 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendough and Gravy Falls

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:05 PM

I don't care about the entire "Boycotting" issue at all, still buying this game day one, I've been hyping this thing too long to not own it myself.

794144.png?13383682

#11 Auzzie Wingman

Auzzie Wingman

Mournblade

• Members
  • 4,346 posts
  • NNID:AuzzieWingman
  • Fandom:
    Not enough space here

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

I'll still buy this for Wii U, GTA simply doesn't interest me so I can have Rahman Legends. It will be a purchase out of respect for the development team behind it. Work is good, especially in this industry, but no one deserves to be forced into half heartedly making ports.

Nothing changes the facts, but I will send a letter of concern at Ubisoft's direction for the sake of entertaining myself. They at least owe me some for this month.

Trophy Cards are classy too! LOLZIGZAGOON

AuzzieWingman.png

#12 Soul

Soul

TYBG

• Members
  • 3,660 posts
  • Fandom:
    I ENJOY HIP HOP BEATS

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

Well, here come less sales of Rayman and more sales for Lego City Undercover.

#13 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:13 AM

I'm on the fence at the moment................................................................................................ yeah I better get off before I break it.

Edited by UnchainedGoku, 10 February 2013 - 05:14 AM.

#14 3Dude

3Dude

Whomp

• Section Mods
  • 5,482 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:24 AM

its not about for or against to me.

I had money planned for this febuary (since launch, actually) for rayman. Thats not happening, that preorder money is now allocated to a different game in march.

September... so much is going to happen between now and september, including e3, rayman is going to lose all relevancy to me, not just from games i already know are coming (gta) but everything announced for all 3 systems, and orbis/durangis unveils... Bye rayman. maybe ill buy you used for a couple bucks in some lull in the future.

Edited by 3Dude, 10 February 2013 - 06:24 AM.

banner1_zpsb47e46d2.png

#15 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

I'm certainly still buying the game. Not buying the game hurts the devs, the people who worked their behinds off for the past few months making this great game. So if you're boycotting the game and not buying it, think of the devs who are already going to have problems with the September release. It;s really just the higher ups at Ubisoft we should be mad at, yet there's really no known way to boycott them yet.

I hear what you're saying, but the reality is the devs aren't worth nothing to some of these publishers, look at how EA, Sony, Activision have just cut off some awesome devs just because of stupid sales goals...
Your money supports the publishers more than anything else and their agenda. at this point, supporting rayman is supporting Ubisofts decision to lie and treat wii-u supports unfairly and wrong.

#16 Hunter

Hunter

Cheetah

• Members
  • 1,664 posts
  • NNID:Mr.Orange
  • Fandom:
    spyro, crash bandicoot, prince of persia

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:15 AM

I was going to buy it, but like 3Dude said, there's going to be so many more game announcements by the time September comes that i wont be interested anymore.

Your money supports the publishers more than anything else and their agenda. at this point, supporting rayman is supporting Ubisofts decision to lie and treat wii-u supports unfairly and wrong.

I agree.

Also, as for this dev that said "we havent seen our wives, kids, or friends for six months" I have no sympathy. This his job and im sure he gets paid a lot more than your average person who works just as hard just to provide for their family. Just trying to play the sympathy card IMO so people will still support the game.

Edited by Hunter, 10 February 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#17 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Day one. I don't even care about the delay, I just bought Dead Space 3!

#18 zzuxon

zzuxon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • NNID:zzuxon
  • Fandom:
    Mario LoZ Kirby SSB Pikmin

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

I probably wasn't going to get it, but, it looked intriguing, and I heard great things. So, I was definitely considering it.
I'm not anymore. Not only that, but my support of Assasin's Creed 3, which I was seriously considering getting, is now in question.

#19 Alianjaro

Alianjaro

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,317 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Legend of Zelda

Posted 10 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Most of us are upset about rayman legends, and i understand, to some degree I'm upset too.
But my question is, come September, is it more important for Wii-u owners to show support and make sure they buy the game so that the sales reflect well on wii-u, or should not buying, showing no support to ubisoft prove more of a point?

When publishers do things like this, it makes me not want to support them, however, if everyone supports rayman and the sales reflect well on wii-u, it would be really support nintendo and the wii-u's cause.

thoughts?

Wow that's an interesting question... I would buy the game anyway if I was a fan of Rayman (which is not the case) because it would show support to Nintendo and encourage 3rd party devs to develop for the Wii U. Plus, don't forget that Ubisoft is the 3rd party company that showed the most support for the Wii U with ZombiU, Assassin' Creed III and soon enough Ghost Recon Online... So delaying a game like they are doing is okay for them I guess. Also, don't forget what Miyamoto-san once said:

"A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad..."
Posted Image

#20 zzuxon

zzuxon

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • NNID:zzuxon
  • Fandom:
    Mario LoZ Kirby SSB Pikmin

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

Wow that's an interesting question... I would buy the game anyway if I was a fan of Rayman (which is not the case) because it would show support to Nintendo and encourage 3rd party devs to develop for the Wii U. Plus, don't forget that Ubisoft is the 3rd party company that showed the most support for the Wii U with ZombiU, Assassin' Creed III and soon enough Ghost Recon Online... So delaying a game like they are doing is okay for them I guess. Also, don't forget what Miyamoto-san once said:

"A delayed game is eventually good, a rushed game is forever bad..."

It's ALREADY FINISHED. The next 7 months won't go to making the game better, it will go towards porting it to the ps360.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Rayman Legends

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!