#1 Crispy Bacon

Crispy Bacon

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:32 PM

Read before that it was rumored, but now it's confirmed.

http://gonintendo.co...story&id=195994

February 11th, 2013 - Nicalis, Inc., developer and publisher of independently awesome video games announces a partnership with developer, Pelikan13. Nicalis will publish the tentatively titled The ‘90s Arcade Racer. Originally planned for Windows, OS X and Linux, The '90s Arcade Racer will appear on additional platforms: iOS, Android and Wii U. Already a successful Kickstarter campaign, six days remain on The ‘90s Arcade Racer.

"There was a simple reason why I started this project, 'What if a racing game with old school principles was built using today's technology'. I know we can achieve that goal," said Antonis. "Working with Nicalis, we can release on more platforms, including Wii U.
Nicalis will also support with Unity programming, physics, tuning and general design and production of the game."

Posted Image

#2 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:01 PM

That's nice I was looking forward to getting this game either way . Even better now that the Wii U version is confirmed.

LordPickleton.png

#3 umegames

umegames

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 651 posts
  • NNID:Donte2k
  • Fandom:
    Sonic and Megaman

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:28 PM

heyyy i remember that game!!

#4 Lord Pickleton

Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:34 AM

Here's a portion of a Nintendo Life interview with Antonis Pelekanos... Full Interview

NL: When can we expect to see the Wii U version of The 90's Arcade Racer? Is it being developed alongside the other editions?

AP: The plan is to release the game in late 2013, alongside the other versions.

NL: How do you plan to make use of the Wii U GamePad controller's screen?

AP: It’s very early to confirm anything as several features are being considered. A few ideas include using it as a steering wheel, a rear view mirror and of course off-TV play.

NL: Will the game feature any local or online multiplayer options on Wii U?

AP: I can’t confirm either right now, but believe me it’s something I would really like to see happen on Wii U.

LordPickleton.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!