#1 Ruthie

Ruthie

Blooper

• Writers
  • 170 posts
  • Fandom:
    Mario, Final Fantasy, Uncharted, Ratchet

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:17 PM

The HP conclusion is now out in cinemas and the last book in the series was out some years ago now. I pretty much grew up with the series with the first film coming out when I was nine or ten.

So now that it's over what did you think? Did you love Harry Potter? Hate the series bitterly? Any favorite/hated characters or scenes?
Assistant Writer of Wii U Go and Vita/3DS enthusiast.

#2 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, Final Fantasy, Umeniko, DeathNote

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:34 PM

Seventh film is awsome, I'm a bit sad its over. No series could quite top it.

Favourite character was Snape for his complexity.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP
Kirby Sig made by Anisaxis, thanks dude :)

#3 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:41 PM

The series was original and brilliant and the movies have become classics next to star wars and lord of the rings. I Actually liked draco starting at the 6th book. He is kind of a villain with a good heart. Same with snape. Ron as I always remembered lightened the mood. Overall I'm kinda sad it's over, but know it will be a legend in the future kind of like books by c.s Lewis.

OkamiSignature_zps2bbbe0da.png

fox.gif

#4 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 05:33 PM

Sad to see it end, but at least the last movie was good. I realy hate the ending though, they should have ended it in a kind of "gritty" way right after Voldymort (spelled wrong?) died.

#5 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:49 PM

I grew up with Harry Potter, with the first book being released the very year I was born. I have been hoked on the series since I saw the first movie, and I must admit I am rather sad to see it over. I'm not sure if I really have a favorite character, as all of them where very well developed, but if I had to choose one it would be Neville Longbottom. At the beginning of the series he was sort of a klutz who could barely cast the simplest of spells, but as the series progressed he matured and improved in his magic, even playing a major roll in defeating Voldermort.

Edited by Andy, 24 July 2011 - 08:07 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Bartman2

Bartman2

The Ultimate Nerd

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Fandom:
    Kirby, LoZ, The Simpsons

Posted 24 July 2011 - 04:52 AM

Don't give it all away! Sometimes i think it's annoying when they leave stuff from the book out of the movie.

Favorite character is Neville.
Posted Image
Like a Boss

#7 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 24 July 2011 - 05:47 AM

Sad to see it end, but at least the last movie was good. I realy hate the ending though, they should have ended it in a kind of "gritty" way right after Voldymort (spelled wrong?) died.

Really? I think it might be interesting if they made a more gritty ending, but I am satisfied with the ending as happy especially as the movie depicted. A brief moment of bittersweet filled my heart, knowing that they all had children and they would have new adventures at hogwarts school of wizards. I wonder what happened to draco though, as at the final scene he walks off with his parents.

fox.gif

#8 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:04 AM

I've grown up with the Harry Potter books and films, so I'll be kind of sad when I see the final film. I'll hopefully go to see it last week. My favourite book from the series was Prisoner of Azkaban and my favourite film was the Half Blood Prince. I'm not sure if there'll ever be another series of books that I'll enjoy as much as I enjoyed the Harry Potter series.

Really? I think it might be interesting if they made a more gritty ending, but I am satisfied with the ending as happy especially as the movie depicted. A brief moment of bittersweet filled my heart, knowing that they all had children and they would have new adventures at hogwarts school of wizards. I wonder what happened to draco though, as at the final scene he walks off with his parents.

Contains spoiler about the end of the Deathly Hallows:

Spoiler

#9 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 24 July 2011 - 06:22 AM

Don't give it all away! Sometimes i think it's annoying when they leave stuff from the book out of the movie.

Yeah, I was a bit miffed that they didn't explain anything about Dumbledore's sister. It was almost pointless introducing that character at all. Overall though I think they did an alright job honoring the books. One of my friends likes Harry Potter as much as I like Kirby and hated a lot of the films especially the fifth one for leaving so much out.
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP

#10 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 10:16 AM

I saw the movie last weekend. I am sad that it is over but I have not read all the books but I do plan on getting them and reading them at some time.

#11 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:00 AM

I saw the final film today. It was better than I expected it to be. Apart from a couple of things that were missing, it was true to the book, I actually felt kind of tense towards the end, even though I knew how it would end.

I saw the movie last weekend. I am sad that it is over but I have not read all the books but I do plan on getting them and reading them at some time.

You should definitely read the books sometime. The films often missed out parts from the books; People who haven't read the books, but have only seen the films have missed out on a surprising amount.

#12 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

I rated Harry Potter as a meh. I don't know why, but I didn't find it that exciting, even though I love fantasy books. Weird, huh? Still gonna watch the last film though.

LOL: There's an Harry Potter Cosplay ad above this page. XD

Edited by StreetPassWanter, 26 July 2011 - 11:14 AM.

Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#13 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:09 PM

I saw the final film today. It was better than I expected it to be. Apart from a couple of things that were missing, it was true to the book, I actually felt kind of tense towards the end, even though I knew how it would end.

They did miss out quite a few things especially when it came to Dumbledore and Snape but it was a great film when you look it as just a film.

I wonder whether JK intends of writing any more books set in the Harry Potter universe?
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP

#14 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

They did miss out quite a few things especially when it came to Dumbledore and Snape but it was a great film when you look it as just a film.

I wonder whether JK intends of writing any more books set in the Harry Potter universe?

I hope she does. I doubt she'll write anymore books involving Harry, but there are plenty of other characters who could have their own series. There could be a series about Dumbledore's teenage life or a brand new character. I'd definitely buy them, and I'm sure plenty of others would too.

#15 Elric

Elric

The Golden Wizard

• Section Mods
  • 1,599 posts
  • Fandom:
    John mayer, Umineko

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:09 AM

I hope she does. I doubt she'll write anymore books involving Harry, but there are plenty of other characters who could have their own series. There could be a series about Dumbledore's teenage life or a brand new character. I'd definitely buy them, and I'm sure plenty of others would too.

or Harrys son. but, dumbledore is a pretty interesting character, so I think if she wrote a book about his childhood or even about snapes, it would be pretty good.

fox.gif

#16 ThePumpkinKing

ThePumpkinKing

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 142 posts
  • Fandom:
    Spider-Man, Professor Layton

Posted 01 August 2011 - 02:15 AM

I saw the movie at midnight release. It's was very bittersweet. It was a great movie and one of the best I've seen. But my childhood memory is ending. I remember watching Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban until it broke and staying up late watching the marathons of Harry potter movies on abc with my family. A part of me is gone. But not completely because it will always be with me in a special place
Recently Watched Movies: The Dark Knight Rises, The Amazing Spider-Man (Favorite of this year), The Avengers.

Current Games I'm Playing: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask, Okami HD, LittleBigPlanet

What I'm Geeking Out For This Month: The Amazing Spider-Man DVD Release, and of course, The WiiU

#17 Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby

Boo

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:09 AM

I saw the movie at midnight release. It's was very bittersweet. It was a great movie and one of the best I've seen. But my childhood memory is ending. I remember watching Harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban until it broke and staying up late watching the marathons of Harry potter movies on abc with my family. A part of me is gone. But not completely because it will always be with me in a special place

Prisoner of Azkaban is my favorite Harry Potter movie (and book). My local cinema were doing Harry Potter Film marathons and me and a couple friends went to see the third film again on the big screen. Sad it will probably be for the last time...
Posted ImagePosted Image

Check out my RP

#18 Waller

Waller

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,655 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nothing

Posted 12 August 2011 - 11:26 PM

Even though I wasn't really that big of a fan of Harry Potter, I did watch all the movies (Except for the new one), so I'm feeling kind of empty.

ezgif_com_gif_maker.gif

#19 Guest_Lewnna_*

Guest_Lewnna_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

All good things come to an end. I cried when I was reading the last chapter of Fullmetal Alchemist... it was one of the best mangas to exist. But seriously, Harry Potter hasn't really come to an end for there is Pottermore! (I'm still waiting for my welcome email, though.)

#20 Jabob

Jabob

Bob-omb

• Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 02:04 AM

It is weird, to think that something that has been so big throughout our generation is finished, I mean for the last 10 years HP has been on our screen and even longer in books, but now it's over, it certainly is a little odd thinking, wow, it's over. But oh well, we've got Pottormore now :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!