48 replies to this topic

#21 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 16 February 2013 - 11:50 PM

Cancelled my tesco pre-order, will wait for reviews of wiiu version b4 I even consider getting it now.
I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#22 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:53 AM

Game would be crap anyway..im not bothered at all

#23 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:13 AM

Think I'm gonna cancel my pre-order now until I hear more, the PS3/X360 &PC versions are bad but if the WiiU version is worse then I have no interest at full release price, I'll pick it up out the bargin bin a few months after release.

People not buying the game will make the WiiU look bad, the industry will say that game don't sell well on the WiiU, but I for one am not paying for rubbish, I think I'm going to cancel all my pre-ordered WiiU games what with the issues with Aliens & last week with Rayman, really starting to regret buying a WiiU now :(

#24 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

I hope Sega sues their asses in court. Thats what Gearbox deserves.

Hardly. Sega deserves just as much blame in this whole debacle as Gearbox does. Sega should have been on top of the development and made sure Gearbox was doing the best job possible on the game.

Cancelled my tesco pre-order, will wait for reviews of wiiu version b4 I even consider getting it now.

Same here.

Think I'm gonna cancel my pre-order now until I hear more, the PS3/X360 &PC versions are bad but if the WiiU version is worse then I have no interest at full release price, I'll pick it up out the bargin bin a few months after release.
People not buying the game will make the WiiU look bad, the industry will say that game don't sell well on the WiiU, but I for one am not paying for rubbish, I think I'm going to cancel all my pre-ordered WiiU games what with the issues with Aliens & last week with Rayman, really starting to regret buying a WiiU now :(

I wouldn't go that far personally.

#25 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:09 AM

Hardly. Sega deserves just as much blame in this whole debacle as Gearbox does. Sega should have been on top of the development and made sure Gearbox was doing the best job possible on the game.

and if they did that they would be called a terrible company for interfering with the development of the game.

#26 Lunity

Lunity

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:10 AM

Actually, this may be for the best. The game still has a great premise.

Only now gearbox can do what criterion did Nd spend a couple of months making the technical specs great with new dev tools.

Whether the game is fun or not depends in if they are able to quickly address current criticism.

I'll reserve judgement until the U version is available and weigh it on its own merit.

After renting the game and playing it on the 360 lets just say it needs more than a few months to correct the problems probably one of the worst games ive played in a while trust me a few weeks aint going to fix this turd I wouldnt be suprised if it gets delayed for the forseable future and then never gets released on the Wii U I had a really bad feeling when sega and gearbox enforced a review embargo till after the games released in my opnion thats never good sign out of ten I would probably give this game a three its that bad!!

#27 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:12 AM

and if they did that they would be called a terrible company for interfering with the development of the game.

Rubbish. They are the ones who are funding the development of the game and they are the ones who gave the contact to Gearbox. Its I'm their interest to make sure the development is going well and the game is as good as it can be on all platforms. There should have been regular communication between the two if there wasn't and if there was Sega should have picked up on the issues and made sure Gearbox tried to resolve them.

#28 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:31 AM

Rubbish. They are the ones who are funding the development of the game and they are the ones who gave the contact to Gearbox. Its I'm their interest to make sure the development is going well and the game is as good as it can be on all platforms. There should have been regular communication between the two if there wasn't and if there was Sega should have picked up on the issues and made sure Gearbox tried to resolve them.

and.... what does that have to do with people grabbing there pitchforks when a publisher asks changes in a game from there devs?

#29 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:00 AM

and.... what does that have to do with people grabbing there pitchforks when a publisher asks changes in a game from there devs?

What does your question have to do with what I said ?

#30 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

What does your question have to do with what I said ?

Read and you shall find out.

#31 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:15 AM

Read and you shall find out.

I did and it has no bearing as far as I'm aware. There was nothing wrong with my comments and its perfectly normal and sensible for publishers to make sure the developers of the games are actually doing a good job on the project.

#32 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:54 AM

exactly. i was really looking forward to this game and i was glad that gearbox said the wii u version was supposed to be the best.

exactly, I wasn't planning on this game anyway but we've been bamboozled

#33 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:09 PM

I did and it has no bearing as far as I'm aware. There was nothing wrong with my comments and its perfectly normal and sensible for publishers to make sure the developers of the games are actually doing a good job on the project.

I agree, and I was just commenting that if they did (which we don't know if they didn't btw) then people of places like reddit would light there pitchforks and say Sega was ruining it (even before it released) and even it if it was amazing people would say that sega was holding it back.

#34 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:39 AM

Getting Lego City instead :/

#35 Phanto

Phanto

Blooper

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • NNID:Phanto

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

We have absolutely no way of varifying the accuracy of these claims, and shouldn't place much faith in them. I will wait until I buy the game myself before I judge it, or Gearbox.

Edited by Phanto, 18 February 2013 - 12:59 PM.

#36 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:08 PM

I'm just not getting it due to the PS3 and 360 versions. They've made xenomorphs just cannon fodder and completely not scary, as well as
Spoiler
I mean WTF?! The way the trailers were going you were not supposed to know when you'd be attacked and it was quite a tense experience. Apparently according to almost all game critics it's a corridor shooter with no suspense whatsoever and poor A.I

I am disappoint

Edited by Penguin101, 18 February 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#37 Alex Wolfers

Alex Wolfers

Thy Fur Consumed

• Members
  • 2,768 posts
  • NNID:AxGamer
  • Fandom:
    Furry Fandom,gaming,trolling

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I bet you wont regret those killer app IPs the Wii U is getting this holiday season.

Signature_DK.png

#38 cannonshane

cannonshane

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 925 posts
  • Fandom:
    Luigi

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:34 PM

^^^he probably won't but what is he expected to do in the meantime? Oh that's right Nintendo will release a few demo's.

Staff Writer at http://www.allagegaming.com/

Strayaaaaaaaaaa Mate

#39 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:56 PM

I bet you wont regret those killer app IPs the Wii U is getting this holiday season.

like what ?

i could of played them on either my X360, PS3 or PC, yes Pikmin 3 looks good as does Bayonetta 2 both which i have on order, but that is all, other than that Lugi dlc on Mario U but that is just another platform game, in fact it is just the same game with a different colour character, i also have Sim City 5, Rome Total War 2 on order for my PC, Tomb Raider 2013, Dead Island, GTA 5 on order for my X360 & i have Rainbow Six Patriots on order for my PS3, there will be more games for the current consoles at E3, why play or buy multi-platform games if they are worse versions than the X360 or PS3 versions, the graphics are no better, there is no dlc content & they cost more to buy, i would of been better saving my money for a PS4 or X720, the games need to be out now, not twelve months after the Wii U was released, this time next year the PS4 & X720 could be out in the shops, there is a announcement & reveal by Sony in two days for the PS4, now are people thinking of buying a Wii U going to not think, hmmm maybe i will wait for the PS4 & buy all the Wii U games on my PS3, other than Zombi U the Wii U has nothing, instead of buying a Wii U the person would be better buying a 3DS for games like Zelda & New Super Mario Bros 2 which is basically the same game as New Super Mario Bros U,& anyway Super Mario Land 3D is a far better game.

Nintendo needed to do more, they needed to hit the ground running with the Wii U & also the games, many multi-platform games are being pulled from the Wii U or pushed back,the Wii U cannot survive on a few Mario, Zelda & Metriod games this time, where is the new content, Nintendo cannot keep pushing out old games but with a few new tricks, Oooo look Mario is now in HD on the Wii U & Nintendo has always said that graphics don't matter ! a philosophy i myself happen to subscribe to, Nintendo are just carrying on doing what they have always done, while their fans & audience drift away.

you want proof i have a Wii U because i sound like a PS / Xbox fanboy well here it is.

included it a copy of todays Times newspaper for the date reference.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by alan666, 18 February 2013 - 03:22 PM.

#40 BountyHunter

BountyHunter

Green Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

The game doesn't look very good anyways, all the critics are saying it's poor, and my friend told me the same thing.

However, Gearbox is another story... Sure, they make Borderlands, but besides that, they hype their games up to be masterpieces and then when they release they are horrible.

Same thing happened with Duke Nukem Forever.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!