Lord Pickleton

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,188 posts
  • Fandom:
    Monster Hunter, Criterion, Codemasters

Posted 20 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Sure I'm in denial (sarcasm).

Just because I want more accurate screenshots comparison doesn't mean I'm in denial.

Edited by Cerberuz, 20 February 2013 - 05:45 AM.

LordPickleton.png

#22 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 20 February 2013 - 05:26 AM

That should help shut all the PS360 lovers up who seem to kid themself that the WiiU is not a next gen system....
Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#23 Penguin101

Penguin101

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 989 posts
  • NNID:t002tyrant_86

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:55 AM

Actually thinking about it that's how I'm hoping ports will end up when it comes to next gen games.

For example the Wii U becomes the 360 screenshot compared to PS4 and 720 versions being the Wii U screenshot. Because the 360 version isn't a pile of crap visually (if you didn't compare) it's just scaled down from the PC version, but it functions well and looks "nice" on an HD TV.

I hope I explained myself well...

#24 namkotje

namkotje

Spiny

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:00 AM

Actually thinking about it that's how I'm hoping ports will end up when it comes to next gen games.

For example the Wii U becomes the 360 screenshot compared to PS4 and 720 versions being the Wii U screenshot. Because the 360 version isn't a pile of crap visually (if you didn't compare) it's just scaled down from the PC version, but it functions well and looks "nice" on an HD TV.

I was thinking the same since the gap wouldn't be that big as with the Wii/PS360

needsthisfinal2_zps12b5fb7d.gif

#25 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

I think the visual differences will be much harder to spot between the three next gen consoles.

#26 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:19 PM

i doubt it will be as big a difference. ps4 about half the difference. 720 proubly same as wiiu with higher res textures. saying same because i expect the effiency difference + kenect load to push them close to par. ps4 difference be big but 50% noticeable from diminishing returns

#27 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:29 PM

I think the visual differences will be much harder to spot between the three next gen consoles.

that, because of the totally same gpu featurers. It may have less fps than the other system, it may be 720p instead of 1080 native... but it will look the same. Same textures, same effects, same everything.

i doubt it will be as big a difference. ps4 about half the difference. 720 proubly same as wiiu with higher res textures. saying same because i expect the effiency difference + kenect load to push them close to par. ps4 difference be big but 50% noticeable from diminishing returns

no the textures will be the same... At least in my PC experience, even if I modify my games with 4k-6k textures in the entire world.. the gpu drops about 3-4 fps... ! I dont think 720p or 1080 textures are that heavy for 6xxx based gpu. Maybe the fps will be 30 instead of 40... and 720p instead of 1080p... Its all about ram... and wii U has ram.

Edited by Orion, 20 February 2013 - 12:30 PM.

#28 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:41 PM

that, because of the totally same gpu featurers. It may have less fps than the other system, it may be 720p instead of 1080 native... but it will look the same. Same textures, same effects, same everything.

no the textures will be the same... At least in my PC experience, even if I modify my games with 4k-6k textures in the entire world.. the gpu drops about 3-4 fps... ! I dont think 720p or 1080 textures are that heavy for 6xxx based gpu. Maybe the fps will be 30 instead of 40... and 720p instead of 1080p... Its all about ram... and wii U has ram.

not as much RAM as the X720 or PS4 though.

#29 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:43 PM

Agreed. For games with larger textures they may tweak the LOD or lower the poly count on the models, but there will be very little noticeable difference.

#30 tboss

tboss

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,242 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:44 PM

1 usefull gig hopefully 1.5-1.75 later.

some games except generics will

1 usefull gig hopefully 1.5-1.75 later.

some games except generics will

4gig+ on others can have more. but will be small diference

Edited by tboss, 20 February 2013 - 12:45 PM.

#31 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

not as much RAM as the X720 or PS4 though.

It isn't so much about how much RAM as whether the RAM setup strikes a good balance between speed, latency, and size. I think Nintendo has struck a nice balance, considering they basically said they built the machine around their RAM architecture.

#32 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:21 PM

textures are fine.. my graphic card that is a PC, 10 times more heavier applications with windows, dlls, pc components... 1,5 gig of vram and it could handle easily 8 gig of 6k textures in skyrim... open world. Dont worry about it.. It is only in the developers hands.

The extra ram in sony and 720 (if they have, because rumors want them with 4 gigs... wii U was also rumored for 4 and 3 gigs)... is for other things. Xbox 720 will run windows 8 and windows 8 is 2 gigs minimum... lets make it 1 gig of dedicated ram, as its a console... As for ps4, I dont know what they have in mind... I think sony is pointing in 4k ress, if thats true, THEY CANT use 1080p textures, it will look fluffy!!! They need at least 2k or 4k textures! Nobody uses 4k tv after all.

Edited by Orion, 20 February 2013 - 01:31 PM.

#33 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

textures are fine.. my graphic card that is a PC, 10 times more heavier applications with windows, dlls, pc components... 1,5 gig of vram and it could handle easily 8 gig of 6k textures in skyrim... open world. Dont worry about it.. It is only in the developers hands.

The extra ram in sony and 720 (if they have, because rumors want them with 4 gigs... wii U was also rumored for 4 and 3 gigs)... is for other things. Xbox 720 will run windows 8 and windows 8 is 2 gigs minimum... lets make it 1 gig of dedicated ram, as its a console... As for ps4, I dont know what they have in mind... I think sony is pointing in 4k ress, if thats true, THEY CANT use 1080p textures, it will look fluffy!!! They need 4k textures!

To be clear the 720 will be utilizing the Win8 kernel, but not a full blown Win8 installation, API's and all. The minwin kernel allows them to remove modules at will to optimize it for various platforms. I believe it will still consume a great deal of the RAM on that system, though.

#34 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:02 PM

Wow that just looks amazing, if only other developers put this much effort in, I'm really considering getting this now :D

#35 alan123

alan123

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 889 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

will the WiiU version have all the released DLC included ?

The first DLC pack for Most Wanted was released on the same day as the game's launch. Dubbed Time Saver Pack, the pack grants the player immediate access to every car in the game's multiplayer, and also marks every car Jackspots on the map in single-player with the exception of the Most Wanted cars.[60]
EA announced the first post-launch DLC for Most Wanted on 6 December 2012. The Ultimate Speed Pack adds five new cars; the Pagani Zonda R, McLaren F1 LM, Lamborghini Aventador J, Hennessey Venom GT Spyder and Bugatti Veyron Grand Sport Vitesse. The DLC also features a series of new events for each car and an all-new Most Wanted Racer event just for the Hennessey Venom GT Spyder. In total, there are 25 new High Speed Races and Speed Runs and 70 more multiplayer milestones, plus additional rewards and unlocks.[61] It was released on 18 December on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 in North America and on 19 December on PlayStation Network in Europe.[62]

http://goo.gl/7u8Tg

#36 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:13 PM

will the WiiU version have all the released DLC included ?

I believe they mentioned it will have all of the car packs on disc.

#37 Plutonas

Plutonas

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,319 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

Wow that just looks amazing, if only other developers put this much effort in, I'm really considering getting this now :D

and guess what, its a port....

#38 jdub stl

jdub stl

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:03 PM

that looks really good, i might check this game out when its released

#39 Scizor

Scizor

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

Watch the gameplay video links. They look the same.

#40 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:01 AM

What I love the most about this, is that it's still running on current Gen technology. Imagine Wii U NFS on a next Gen engine.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!