Photo

Wii U & PS4 (It's like the 3DS to the Vita)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 February 2013 - 06:56 PM

I posted this in another thread to make a point in the discussion, and rather then it getting buried I thought it would be appropriate to start a separate topic. I'd like to get other opinions and thoughts on this and perhaps you might see it the same way I do.

Here is the simple comparison.

Let's say the Wii U compared to the PS4 is like comparing the 3DS to Vita. We all know which system has higher specs & more power and yet the graphics quality in some of the games on the 3DS surely do not disappoint and often surprise in the graphics department (Revelations/ Kid Icarus Uprising / Fire Emblem / Luigis Mansion / Castlevania / SM3DL and some others. )

I don't think this is a bad thing for Wii U and think that it will hold it's own in this new generation. We all know graphics are not everything but Nintendo has a strong system and I think will have the advantage in gameplay with the gamepad.
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#2 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:00 PM

I have no doubts the Wii U will be fine, but after Sony's reveal I don't think I'd consider the PS4 to be the Vita to the 3DS. Unless the 720 impresses we can see the nextbox take that role.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#3 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:06 PM

Just to clarify my statement is in regards to overall power/graphics and not in terms of any sales numbers. Don't want people confused. Thanks for your post :)
Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#4 Goom

Goom

The Happyman Thief

• Members
  • 930 posts
  • NNID:SpikedGoomba
  • Fandom:
    pingas

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:12 PM

POPULAR

How about we just say that all the consoles are equally great and we just buy the systems and games that we all want! No Sony is better or Nintendo is better. They are both great and we will have fun with the consoles like we have the consoles before them.

Edit: I say this with enthusiasm in my voice not anger!

Edited by Goomba, 21 February 2013 - 07:14 PM.

Posted Image

I am the hero this forum needs, but not the one it deserves.

#5 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:12 PM

How about we just say that all the consoles are equally great and we just buy the systems and games that we all want! No Sony is better or Nintendo is better. They are both great and we will have fun with the consoles like we have the consoles before them.

Well in a perfect world where gummy bears and sugar plums rained from the rainbow filled sky this would be true..... But you must be the only one living in that world goom because thats the only world where Sony is on par with Nintendo....

Nintendo is far superior to both Sony and Microsoft

Great companies (Nintendo) are innovators, not copy catting idea stealing whores (Sony)....

Edited by Mitch13pavel, 21 February 2013 - 08:12 PM.

#6 Lupaie

Lupaie

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,045 posts
  • NNID:Lupaie
  • Fandom:
    Banjo, F-Zero, Gears, Bioshock and Zelda

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:20 PM

I posted this in another thread to make a point in the discussion, and rather then it getting buried I thought it would be appropriate to start a separate topic. I'd like to get other opinions and thoughts on this and perhaps you might see it the same way I do.

Let's say the Wii U compared to the PS4 is like comparing the 3DS to Vita. We all know which system has higher specs & more power and yet the graphics quality in some of the games on the 3DS surely do not disappoint and often surprise in the graphics department (Revelations/ Kid Icarus Uprising / Fire Emblem / Luigis Mansion / Castlevania / SM3DL and some others. )

I don't think this is a bad thing for Wii U and think that it will hold it's own in this new generation. We all know graphics are not everything but Nintendo has a strong system and I think will have the advantage in gameplay with the gamepad.

You are forgetting one big thing. Consoles and handhelds have different target consumers. I dare say that 4in5 3ds systems are bought by family for kids aging 12 years or less. (Give or take). Family and kids do not worry to much about gfx. Yet the consoles are targeted more to adult gamers and then the gfx do matter.

Edited by Lupaie, 21 February 2013 - 10:21 PM.

What the world needs is more geniuses with humility, there are so few of us left

#7 Klobb

Klobb

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Fandom:
    Waluigi and Durant

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:06 AM

Maybe in the graphics department it will be like the 3ds to the vita, but almost certainly not sales. This is going to be quite an interesting generation.

If you think Smogon ban stuff

"Just because they can't beat it"

You clearly don't play OU

You clearly have no knowledge of the metagame

And you clearly don't deserve to have an opinion.

#8 Bane

Bane

Spiny

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:50 AM

^This. Honestly, I feel like alot of people aren't really giving the PS4 a chance. A console is a console to me. As long as you enjoy it, who ever the manufacturer is shouldn't matter that much.

#9 Keviin

Keviin

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,270 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:49 AM

To be honest, SM3DL and Luigi's Mansion don't look that great at all, graphic wise. Out of all 3DS games, Revelations is the only one that looks amazing to me. Most Nintendo games look good/decent, most third party games look like crap. But Revelations is the proof that it's not the fault of 3DS hardware, because it's pretty capable. OOT3D looked good to me too.
No sig.

#10 Tricky Sonic

Tricky Sonic

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,853 posts
  • NNID:Tricky
  • Fandom:
    Sega, Sonic, Warcraft, Final Fantasy

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

You are forgetting one big thing. Consoles and handhelds have different target consumers. I dare say that 4in5 3ds systems are bought by family for kids aging 12 years or less. (Give or take). Family and kids do not worry to much about gfx. Yet the consoles are targeted more to adult gamers and then the gfx do matter.

Outside of my daughter who I bought a 3DS for...All my older gamer friends own a 3DS. I think the main reason the 3DS hasnt blown up out west yet in sales is actually because the lack of parents buying 3DS systems for there kids. All over I still see them buying DS's still.
Posted Image
Check out my video game collection blog at http://genesaturn.blogspot.com/
Feel free to add me as a friend on your 3DS and Wii U as well - Friend Code = 1289-9502-7134 / Nintendo ID - Tricky

#11 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:42 AM

Honestly whey we don't say that is because that would be silly. We don't have enough info on the ps4 beyond what it can do visually, which I think it is safe to say the ps4 > wiiU regading graphics. Everything else, no one knows. Furthermore the wiiU atm currently has very few games and we don't know what the support for the ps4 will be like either.

#12 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

Well in a perfect world where gummy bears and sugar plums rained from the rainbow filled sky this would be true..... But you must be the only one living in that world goom because thats the only world where Sony is on par with Nintendo....

Nintendo is far superior to both Sony and Microsoft

Great companies (Nintendo) are innovators, not copy catting idea stealing whores (Sony)....

bullcrap innovators are you kidding what games show that let me see mario maybe zelda what about metroid oh yeah same thing every console innovation is going out on a limb and creating something new that we have not seen before try and tone the fanboy down for a minute and face facts.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#13 Mitch

Mitch

Dingus

• Members
  • 1,839 posts
  • NNID:Mitch13pavel
  • Fandom:
    Mitch :3

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:14 PM

bullcrap innovators are you kidding what games show that let me see mario maybe zelda what about metroid oh yeah same thing every console innovation is going out on a limb and creating something new that we have not seen before

Lol you make me laugh.... you silly little goose

If I were to even attempt to type out a list for you of all the things Nintendo has done to be innovative and revolutionize gaming time and time again I would get carpal tunnel....

#14 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

fire away also trying to patronise me doesn't help your point.

Edited by taz546565, 22 February 2013 - 01:39 PM.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

#15 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:18 PM

The 3ds is better because its 3D without the glasses gaming lol it dosnt take a genius to figure out and to me (and obviously alot of others) the 3d wins over the vita,graphics on 3ds are nice but the 3d takes them up to amazing!! you can only get that from nintendo too :)

Edited by syks-1, 22 February 2013 - 01:19 PM.

#16 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I love my Wii U and 3DS to bits, and I'm considering getting a PS4, to be fair it looks awesome, I skipped Wii and PS3 cos I just plain and simple lost something down the line probably my enthusiasum, and I stayed an Xbox Drone, but something about Wii U just exited me, and Nintendo dragged me back with it, I wasn't exactly kicking and screaming though lol. PS4 seems to be renewing my faith in Sony for the first time since the best console ever PS2, I can honestly say this generation is exciting me and I can't wait for the future :D

#17 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:30 PM

The 3ds is better because its 3D without the glasses gaming lol it dosnt take a genius to figure out and to me (and obviously alot of others) the 3d wins over the vita,graphics on 3ds are nice but the 3d takes them up to amazing!! you can only get that from nintendo too :)

The 3D is by far not the selling point of the system, it's a nice feature but it gets pretty old very quickly.

It will be a long time before we see the true power of both the WiiU and PS4 hardware so i wouldn't worry to much.
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#18 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:34 AM

fire away also trying to patronise me doesn't help your point.

Well, Nintendo created, quite literally, the modern video game controller.
Nintendo created and popularized motion controlled gaming
Nintendo created the first handheld gaming systems
Nintendo created the first asymmetric gameplay platform

There are many more innovations Nintendo has made throughout the years.

This industry really does owe everything to Nintendo, they brought the industry out of nowhere to become the highest grossing entertainment industry.

Edited by routerbad, 23 February 2013 - 12:35 AM.

#19 syks-1

syks-1

Dry Bones

• Members
  • 479 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

The 3D is by far not the selling point of the system, it's a nice feature but it gets pretty old very quickly.

It will be a long time before we see the true power of both the WiiU and PS4 hardware so i wouldn't worry to much.

lol are you CRAZY??? the only reason 90% of people bought the 3ds was because it is 3D!!!

#20 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:46 AM

Well, Nintendo created, quite literally, the modern video game controller.
Nintendo created and popularized motion controlled gaming
Nintendo created the first handheld gaming systems
Nintendo created the first asymmetric gameplay platform
There are many more innovations Nintendo has made throughout the years.
This industry really does owe everything to Nintendo, they brought the industry out of nowhere to become the highest grossing entertainment industry.

Dreamcast had a motion control fishing rod years before wii.
Mattel made the first I do believe.
I do believe the psp had a similar function although a bit more crude.

So yeah improving but innovating maybe not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!