Photo

Wii U & PS4 (It's like the 3DS to the Vita)

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:09 PM

Dreamcast had a motion control fishing rod years before wii.
Mattel made the first I do believe.
I do believe the psp had a similar function although a bit more crude.

So yeah improving but innovating maybe not.

There was the power glove back in the 80's (ahead of its time, just faulty hardware)

Those were one-game systems. The gameboy was the first handheld to have interchangable games.

The psp to ps3 connection was used vary sparingly and never to full potential, and nintendo did that woth the gamecube to gba cable (although it was mostly for bonuses, it got Pacman VS, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, and 4 Swords Adventures)

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

#22 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

also dreamcast had the vmu which was well sort of a mix of both but interesting and the powerglove was complete junk it didn't work at all.

Edited by taz546565, 23 February 2013 - 02:39 PM.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#23 routerbad

routerbad

Lakitu

• Section Mods
  • 2,013 posts
  • NNID:routerbad
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Mario, Halo, Star Trek

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Dreamcast had a motion control fishing rod years before wii.
Mattel made the first I do believe.
I do believe the psp had a similar function although a bit more crude.

So yeah improving but innovating maybe not.

No, the power glove. PSP, really? It did not have an accelerometer but there was an external one (not ever licensed or marketed) that was made.

also dreamcast had the vmu which was well sort of a mix of both but interesting and the powerglove was complete junk it didn't work at all.

Nintendo made the super Gameboy way before the VMU came out.

#24 taz546565

taz546565

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

No, the power glove. PSP, really? It did not have an accelerometer but there was an external one (not ever licensed or marketed) that was made.

Nintendo made the super Gameboy way before the VMU came out.

I wasn't referencing the vmu in respect of the handheld more the cross platform gaming function.

wii u premium, new super mario bros u, darksiders 2, call of duty black ops 2, zombiu

blue 3ds xl, resident evil revelations, zelda ocarina of time

#25 ElderKnight77

ElderKnight77

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Fandom:
    anything Nintendo

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Just because the Power Glove didn't work as well didn't mean it doesn't count though. Another way of looking at it is Nintendo does things for gaming wayyy before Sony and MS ever does. This is coming from a guy who loves his X360 too!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!