#1 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:11 PM

ok I was talking to my friends and I thought of this topic.
Now we know sony bought gaikai a cloud base company and they are going to offer ps3/2/1 games using that service .
Now as you may know that means the hardware is going to be on their side ..how will Sony pay for the hardware ..what I mean is either they have tons of previous gen consoles running the cloud servers hardware which I doubt or they are emulating using massive server farms both methods are far from cheap and require upkeep even more so if they also offer ps4 demos to be streamed which means the need for even more massive server farms to emulate ps4 games ...
It sounds nice on paper but it comes with large cost as cloud gaming server of the past like onlive can attest to.
I'm going to assume you may need to have a subsciption to play online since I know ps plus users alone wont be able to pay for said upkeep and even than it might not be enough.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 22 February 2013 - 03:12 PM.

#2 PedanticGamer

PedanticGamer

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 370 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:14 PM

Your making assumptions, how much does sony make of playsdtation plus subscriptions for example? As far as I know it hasn't been publicly stated.

#3 The Lonely Koopa

The Lonely Koopa

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 617 posts
  • Fandom:
    Reggie's Body, Nintendo being doomed

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:18 PM

Your making assumptions, how much does sony make of playsdtation plus subscriptions for example? As far as I know it hasn't been publicly stated.

Yes it hasnt been stated this is theorycrafting but I assume its not enough to pay for large server farms considering how important said servers are going to be.

note: This isn't a nintendo fanboy thread I am honestly curious remember I used to be a big onlive fan.

Edited by The Lonely Koopa, 22 February 2013 - 03:20 PM.

#4 SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

SoldMyWiiUAndLeftTheForums

Pokémon Trainer

• Members
  • 4,168 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

I have a feeling that Sony might start charging for all online services just like Microsoft.

#5 AndyG

AndyG

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • Fandom:
    Zelda, Monster Hunter, Super Meat Boy

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

I have a feeling that Sony might start charging for all online services just like Microsoft.

Why doesn't that surprise me <_<
Posted Image

This is where it ends

#6 Gamejunkie

Gamejunkie

Lakitu

• Members
  • 2,198 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Quite possibly so. But then Microsoft charging for thier online services hasn't exactly kept people away from Xbox Live. Considering how many people pay for it its likely Sony won't have a problem charging as well. That's not to say they will.

#7 Socalmuscle

Socalmuscle

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,677 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

I can see gaikai being either part of a paid psn service

Or a special fee for vita owners. Lol

The ps4 will already be a money losing console.

#8 TheUltimateWaddleDee

TheUltimateWaddleDee

That Guy

• Members
  • 2,077 posts
  • NNID:UltimateWaddleD
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Metal Gear, and WADDLE DEE!

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

With money

EDIT: in all seriousness, they probably will do a paid subscription like psn plus

Edited by TheUltimateWaddleDee, 23 February 2013 - 02:00 PM.

KtOSpy7.jpg
I will not die until I achieve something. Even though the ordeal is high, I never give in. Therefore, I die with no regrets~Ikaruga Prologue
http://fc05.devianta...ask-d5k49sd.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!