• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#21 golf1410

golf1410

Paragoomba

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 26 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

What happen when you die in the game? Does it keep a bad record when you die in status of the game?

#22 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 12:37 PM

I'm not sure if it was you who I answered in another thread regarding this specific question but here ya go....

I haven't "died" in the city, I have however been eaten by a shark in the ocean and when that happens you simply respawn on land next to the water. It takes some coins away from your total but it never says anything like "you died 13 times" or anything like that. I'm not sure if there is a menu that keeps tracks of things like this in the game like GTA. It would be neat if there was a screen that kept a record of things like this. Maybe there is and I just haven't looked for it yet.

Too busy running around the city doing crazy stuff. :)

#23 DanJiblets

DanJiblets

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 357 posts
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo, Halo

Posted 27 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

This or Luigi Mansion 2? I need something for vacation so leaning towards Luigi.

#24 Coggit

Coggit

Red Koopa Troopa

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 04:54 AM

I'm loving Lego City so far (just released today in the UK!). My only complaint is loading times... It literally takes 5 minutes just to get into the damn thing. I haven't been annoyed at the Wii U's loading times before, but Lego City really takes it too far for me.

Hope it gets fixed soon :(

#25 Goodtwin

Goodtwin

Bullet Bill

• Members
  • 356 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 05:50 AM

I'm loving Lego City so far (just released today in the UK!). My only complaint is loading times... It literally takes 5 minutes just to get into the damn thing. I haven't been annoyed at the Wii U's loading times before, but Lego City really takes it too far for me.

I wouldnt hold my breath on that.  TT didnt hide any of the laoding in this game.  The peak transfer rate of the disk drive is 22MB/s, so that would mean to fill the 1GB of ram with data from the disk it would take a minimum of 47 seconds.  Most games hide a lot of this loading, but TT didnt.  Maybe its because the developer TT Fusion typically creates games for mobile hardware platforms, and this isnt an issue they typically have to deal with. 

#26 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:07 AM

^^ Nice. Thanks for the info.

Just my opinion: At first I was annoyed with the long loading times but now it doesn't bother me at all because I know what's awaiting once it's loaded!!! The game is so damn good that it's worth all the loading time!

Not to mention the awesome 70's style Starsky & Hutch load screen music. I have found that dancing along with the music makes the load times much easier. ;)

#27 davidgr2

davidgr2

Goomba

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 07:40 PM

5 Mins?! Sorry man but you are exaggerating...I've been playing for 40 plus hours and haven't seen no 5 min loading times. It takes 35 secs to start up,1min 20 secs to load your game, and 46 secs to go into the police station.

#28 BombingSystems

BombingSystems

Shy Guy

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 12:23 AM

I have never played a lego game before because they all look childish. This is the first one that catches my interest though and I have to ask, which open world is better, this game or assassins creed 3? I heard AC3 is boring and kinda dead... how about lego city? any random world events happen similar to red dead redemption?

Posted Image

#29 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 07:51 AM

^^^

I have never played a lego game before because they all look childish. This is the first one that catches my interest though and I have to ask, which open world is better, this game or assassins creed 3? I heard AC3 is boring and kinda dead... how about lego city? any random world events happen similar to red dead redemption?

Well I can't speak for AC3 as I haven't played it yet but I can speak for Lego City.

The open world in Lego City is very very similar to the open breathing world in GTA: Vice City. 

Random events happen all over the place in Lego and they are almost always very funny and entertaining.

I would totally pick up this game if you're looking for a free roaming open world experience. :)

#30 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 March 2013 - 09:58 AM

Anyone else like the nintendo references throughout the game? I think it's cool and amusing. Also two words of advice, beware: Sharks .  :laugh:

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#31 nothinglost

nothinglost

Spear Guy

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

^^

Anyone else like the nintendo references throughout the game? I think it's cool and amusing. Also two words of advice, beware: Sharks .  :laugh:

^^^ Dude seriously!!!

The first time we encountered a shark it definitely made everyone in the room jump and shout!!! It was awesome!!!!

Now our daughter always wants to get eaten by the shark down by the ferry. Too funny.

I've only encountered 1 Nintendo reference so far and it was a sound clip. Pretty neat!!!

#32 NintendoReport

NintendoReport

NintendoChitChat

• Moderators
  • 5,907 posts
  • NNID:eddyray
  • Fandom:
    Nintendo Directs and Video Presentations

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:15 AM

Here is a video of a lot of the references. If you want to experience them in game first, don't watch the video.  :D

Keep Smiling, It Makes People Wonder What You Are Up To!
PA Magician | Busiest PA Magician | Magician Reviewed | Certified Magic Professionals

nccbanner_by_sorceror12-d9japra.png-- nintendoreportbox.png -- nintendo_switch_logo_transparent___wordm

#33 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:
    BF4-pc,GTA-360,Splinter cell-pc

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

After our four year old lad nagged us to death for the last two weeks we went out to buy Lego city today as it got released here yesterday. Drove round many shops as every single one had sold out, the very last shop we went to had just got a fresh delivery so we got the ltd edition one for £39.99.

Enough to say our youngest is very happy and loves the game! trouble is our ten year old daughter wants to play and so do we lol.

Posted Image

Add me on Miiverse !! I'm from England but the world is a lot smaller online!

#34 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • NNID:Scooter_Johnson

Posted 29 March 2013 - 10:00 PM

well im pretty suprised by argos in the uk as they normaly have new wii u games for £50 but when i checked argos website yesterday evening they had the limited edition of lego city undercover for £39.99 with 2 left and will be collecting this moring as i have them on click and collect

game store and graingergames are over £45

#35 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 29 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

My three local Argos stores had sold out, well worth even the asking price! I struggled to get my lad to bed last night and he got up at 5am this morning because of this game  :rolleyes:

Posted Image

#36 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 03:05 AM

im suprised as £39.99 is the price you see @ shopto, amazon etc not graingergames or game lol

the lady at argos asked me if i was over 12 lol 

#37 Pjsprojects

Pjsprojects

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 681 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:43 AM

im suprised as £39.99 is the price you see @ shopto, amazon etc not graingergames or game lol

the lady at argos asked me if i was over 12 lol 

Thats a bit odd,its a UK age seven game!

Posted Image

#38 backudog

backudog

Spiny

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • NNID:backudog

Posted 30 March 2013 - 06:07 AM

Loving it so far, even with the occasionally bad camera angles and the rare glitch (best one yet was after doing an impressively large stunt jump as the car landed it glitches through the road, I was ejected from it and ended kind of swimming UNDER the city! really wish I had remembered to take a screenshot, was pretty funny.),& a slightly shonky framerate, but even with those this game is great fun!

Edited by backudog, 30 March 2013 - 10:58 AM.

I hear voices in my head all the time, telling me what to do. But I just ignore them and carry on killing.

#39 Scooter_Johnson

Scooter_Johnson

Cheep-Cheep

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:09 AM

could be a argos policy

Thats a bit odd,its a UK age seven game!

#40 Kellychuna

Kellychuna

Goomba

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 06:24 PM

It is worth buying mainly due to the fact the cutscenes are amazing! If you want a sneak peak, check out this video of all cutscenes of Lego City Underground all cutscenes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!