Photo

Rumor: 3DS to receive a redesign and a new name starting in 2012.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Poll: Rumor: 3DS to receive a redesign and a new name starting in 2012. (28 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think this is a good idea?

1. Yes. (3 votes [10.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 10.71%

2. Heck NO! (25 votes [89.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 89.29%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 22 August 2011 - 06:31 PM

http://nintendo3dsbl...and-name-change

What's your thoughts on this rumor. Do you think this is a good idea, or would this be the worst mistake Nintendo ever made?

My opinion, this is less likely than h*ll freezing over and the devil giving free sleigh rides.
Posted Image

#2 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

Personally, I really, really hope this isn't gonna happen. It'll be like Nintendo holding up a flaming middle finger to all of us early adopters by saying, "We made too many mistakes with the 3DS, so we're going to completely scrap it and make a new, better system to replace it. 3DS Ambassadors, we're not gonna give you free ones, but you are eligible for 10 more free Virtual Console games if you buy one and transfer your eShop data to it. Thank you for your support!"

Such a decision would be downright evil, that's what. I understand a "3DS Lite," but that rumour sounds more like a "3DS 2" - except it won't even be a 3DS anymore.

#3 Bill Cipher

Bill Cipher

IT WAS ME BARRY!

• Members
  • 1,086 posts
  • NNID:LordOfGrapeJuice
  • Fandom:
    RPGs

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:14 PM

Personally, I really, really hope this isn't gonna happen. It'll be like Nintendo holding up a flaming middle finger to all of us early adopters by saying, "We made too many mistakes with the 3DS, so we're going to completely scrap it and make a new, better system to replace it. 3DS Ambassadors, we're not gonna give you free ones, but you are eligible for 10 more free Virtual Console games if you buy one and transfer your eShop data to it. Thank you for your support!"

Such a decision would be downright evil, that's what. I understand a "3DS Lite," but that rumour sounds more like a "3DS 2" - except it won't even be a 3DS anymore.

Yeah, I completely agree. It would suck for this to become true.

Games that refuse to use Gameplay effectively to do anything are like films that refuse to use cinematography in film to do anything.

NNID: Lord of Grape Juice /PSN: Nderbert/Steam: Harmonius EX

Games/Animation/Film/Comics/Literature/Fantasy/Sci-fi.

#4 Hank Hill

Hank Hill

Propaniac

• Moderators
  • 2,203 posts
  • NNID:GameCollector
  • Fandom:
    Professor Layton, inFAMOUS

Posted 22 August 2011 - 07:17 PM

Or maybe it's a bad rumor created by a Sony fanboy in hopes of ticking everybody off? Nintendo has already said there won't be a 3DS Lite anytime soon, and to release a updated version of the system already would be just plain stupid.

GameZombie44.png

The post above was certified to be simply smashing by the Wii U Forum Staff.

http://www.ebay.com/...mecollector1982

#5 nintendo3DS

nintendo3DS

Pokemon Master

• Members
  • 1,624 posts
  • Fandom:
    Pokemon, FF XIII trilogy

Posted 22 August 2011 - 08:38 PM

Yuck. As much of a video game fanatic/ nerd I am, the last thing we need is another gaming system. I mean come on, the 3DS just literally came out! We don't need an 'upgrade' of the 3DS until at least a good 2-4 years. I don't want Nintendo to just turn around, then add some extra things to the 3DS, so soon. Or in the Feld0's perspective, a 3DS 2. That idea sickens me, I'm sure Nintendo will be able to to step their game up eventually.

#6 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 22 August 2011 - 10:34 PM

-

Edited by BazzDropperz, 14 July 2014 - 12:02 AM.

#7 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:
    Yoshi, Ponies, Mario, Professor Layton

Posted 22 August 2011 - 11:51 PM

I hope this isn't true. It would be very unfair on those of us you bought the console early. I think I'd be more likely to buy a Vita than a re-branded 3DS, should this be true. Still, this is just a rumour, and it seems quite unlikely, so I'm not going to get too upset just now.

#8 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:04 AM

I hope this isn't true. It would be very unfair on those of us you bought the console early. I think I'd be more likely to buy a Vita than a re-branded 3DS, should this be true. Still, this is just a rumour, and it seems quite unlikely, so I'm not going to get too upset just now.

Why would it be unfair? Original 3DSes would presumably still be able to play the newer games. Plus they'd become collectors items, and thus worth more that we originally paid for them. But yeah, it's very unlikely. I mean it would probably wreck Nintendo's relationship with all of the world's major video game retailers.

#9 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 12:20 AM

Why would it be unfair? Original 3DSes would presumably still be able to play the newer games. Plus they'd become collectors items, and thus worth more that we originally paid for them. But yeah, it's very unlikely. I mean it would probably wreck Nintendo's relationship with all of the world's major video game retailers.

Well, like many other people, I bought the 3DS on launch day and spent quite a lot of money on it (£220 to be exact). I think it would be pretty unfair on people like myself, if Nintendo were to launch a new model of the 3DS which, if this rumour is true, will probably be quite different, so soon after the launch of the first model.

#10 Joshua

Joshua

The Dovahkiin

• Members
  • 2,334 posts
  • NNID:JoshuaCM
  • Fandom:
    Anything Nintendo, Skyrim and more!

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:54 AM

I doubt that it would be either a "3DS 2" nor a "3DS Lite".

There are contradictions for both ideas;

Nintendo is actually supportive for their loyal customers, hence why they are giving early buyers 20 free games.
Because of this, it would contradict the idea of Nintendo literally betraying their early adopters by creating a "3DS 2".

A "3DS Lite" has been confirmed to NOT be in the works anytime soon as Reggie Fils-Aime himself said so.
http://nintendo3dsbl...e-anytime-soon
Therefore it would contradict his own statement.

Posted Image

Signature by Cerberuz

#11 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:53 AM

Sigh... I really hope the next Nintendo handheld has a more unique form factor - and removes that damn touch screen.

#12 AMAC

AMAC

Pegasus

• Members
  • 1,055 posts
  • Fandom:

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:07 AM

Sigh... I really hope the next Nintendo handheld has a more unique form factor - and removes that damn touch screen.

I'd say that 3D gaming on a handheld is pretty unique at the moment. And what's wrong with the touchscreen?

#13 Wertville

Wertville

Piranha Plant

• Members
  • 859 posts
  • Fandom:
    Umineko, Fate/Stay Night, Tsukihime

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:19 AM

and removes that damn touch screen

removes

Why would they drop such a huge innovation O.o?
I understand you want it to look different than the DS, but just make the shape different. Leave the awesome parts alone. :/
Posted ImagePosted Image

Character's I am a fanboy of:
Spoiler

3DS Game List:
Spoiler

#14 Guy Fieri

Guy Fieri

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,417 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:00 PM

I dont want this to happen. It would be a bad buisness move and the people that do buy it may not have enough money for the Wii U. Unless this system has exclusive quality games made for it or something along the lines of that I will pass on this if it is true.

#15 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:05 PM

This.

It's impossible! Nintendo can't be that evil! Can't it?
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#16 Feld0

Feld0

Pokey

• Members
  • 1,002 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:06 PM

You know that the 3DS was originally going to have two touchscreens, right?

#17 Andy

Andy

The Ganon Slayer

• Members
  • 1,352 posts
  • NNID:Andyjoe522
  • Fandom:
    The Legend of Zelda

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:24 PM

The touch screen is the biggest innovation Handheld gaming has ever seen. Why would they remove it?
Posted Image

#18 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:36 PM

I'd say that 3D gaming on a handheld is pretty unique at the moment. And what's wrong with the touchscreen?

Yeah, I know the 3D is good but it still looks like a DS. The 3DS is pretty much a more powerful DS with 3D and an analogue stick. It just bugs me that it isn't all that unique, I remember back when each Nintendo handheld was either really unique or a big upgrade. I just don't like the touch screen. I think in this day and age they should have only put one screen on their handheld and maybe they could make that screen 3D or a touch screen. To me it just feels like Nintendo didn't have the balls to differentiate the 3DS from the DS.

#19 StreetPassWanter

StreetPassWanter

Hammer Bro.

• Members
  • 1,517 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:45 PM

I think in this day and age they should have only put one screen on their handheld and maybe they could make that screen 3D or a touch screen.

I don't get your logic.
Posted Image

^CLICK RIGHT NOW TO FACE PURE AWESOMENESS (MAYBE)
@SSB4News <- Pure awesomeness is now on Twitter!

#20 BazzDropperz

BazzDropperz

Chain Chomp

• Members
  • 688 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 01:50 PM

I don't get your logic.

I just think that having two screens is pointless (and looks stupid) when you could make the main screen a touch screen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Anti-Spam Bots!